Ken Ham's "Ark Park"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Ken Ham's "Ark Park"
(20-02-2016 10:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 10:00 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  well if theres ever a great flood part 2 we already got a big fuckin boat ready to go!

Except that nobody's ever built an Ark to spec that actually worked.

dont be silly. youre forgetting gods magic spell book.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2016, 10:40 AM
(19-02-2016 04:55 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  I think Ken Ham's Ark Encounter Noah's Ark theme park is going to be his BIGGEST folly ever! Even if it does attract visitors, I think the novelty of the park will eventually die down and the whole ark is going to be a $24,000,000 paperweight. I mean just look at the Creation Museum? That place is loosing revenue because their number of visitors are sinking as more and more people (especially among us young people) don't buy this shit anymore? And when that happens to this Ark Park, I think the whole thing will be an eyesore. I mean, who the hell wants a fucking big ass ugly boat just sitting there in the middle of nowhere?

[Image: Ken%20Hams%20Foleys_zpsturmfknf.jpg]

I think he should build it and I'd even be willing to donate a small amount of money on one condition: he has to build it using only materials and techniques available to someone during Noah's supposed time period. No lifts, no power equipment, no steel beams, no modern equipment of any kind. No screws or bolts, no glues other than hide glue, no nail guns, power drills or cranes. Just muscle and animal power and wood to wood joinery. That would be interesting to watch. Oh, and he can only have 7 other people help him.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 6 users Like true scotsman's post
20-02-2016, 10:45 AM
(20-02-2016 10:33 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 10:18 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Except that nobody's ever built an Ark to spec that actually worked.

dont be silly. youre forgetting gods magic spell book.

Hasn't worked since the 1at Century CE. And Ham wouldn't have access to it anyway, he's not a Christian.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2016, 02:01 PM
I'd like to see a actual shipbuilder take a look at the structure. It might be a fun laugh.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
20-02-2016, 02:24 PM
(20-02-2016 02:01 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'd like to see a actual shipbuilder take a look at the structure. It might be a fun laugh.

Most of them dismiss it out of hand. There have been "scholarly" studies, most by undergrad divinity students.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2016, 02:28 PM
(20-02-2016 02:24 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 02:01 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'd like to see a actual shipbuilder take a look at the structure. It might be a fun laugh.

Most of them dismiss it out of hand. There have been "scholarly" studies, most by undergrad divinity students.

I believe that the design has been reviewed by actual engineers (shipbuilding engineers?) who have said that the design would render the ark physically impossible to sustain itself in choppy waters for any length of time. It would break up faster than the Titanic.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
20-02-2016, 03:35 PM
(19-02-2016 07:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-02-2016 04:55 PM)Sylia Gray Wrote:  ...
I think the whole thing will be an eyesore. I mean, who the hell wants a fucking big ass ugly boat just sitting there in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah, well, that's what they said about this one too.

But then, y'know, this one appeals to people's greed rather than their gullibility.

[Image: article-1289194-0A28EEFA000005DC-393_964x447.jpg]
[Image: C0wpzae.jpg]

Too bad the smoke was so thick I couldn’t see it when I was there.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-02-2016, 03:43 PM
I think this is what really happened

[Image: ark-dino.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-02-2016, 07:06 PM
(20-02-2016 10:40 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...
Oh, and he can only have 7 other people help him.

Excellent suggestion.

And don't forget that Ham should be 600 years old when he starts building it.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-02-2016, 07:09 PM
(20-02-2016 10:00 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  well if theres ever a great flood part 2 we already got a big fuckin boat ready to go!

Will probably be his tears when this all goes south.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze