Ken Ham says stop looking for aliens because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2014, 07:08 AM
They will end up in hell.

Quote:I do believe there can’t be other intelligent beings in outer space because of the meaning of the gospel. You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin — the Savior of mankind."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...o-to-hell/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
22-07-2014, 07:11 AM
RE: Ken Ham says stop looking for aliens because...
My Grandaddy wadn't no alien!

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 10 users Like CiderThinker's post
22-07-2014, 07:14 AM
(22-07-2014 07:08 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ...

Quote:... the Bible makes it clear ...

That was the part of the quote that amused me.

It says so much about Ham's psyche.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
22-07-2014, 07:20 AM
I'd say Ham's gone off the deep end, but let's face it; Ham has never not been off the deep end.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Once again, Ham demonstrates that his understanding of theology is worse than his understanding of science (and that's saying something).

Ham is referencing Romans 5:12.

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

This is elementary Greek...

The Greek word for man or men and what is used in the subject matter is "anthropos". This word means specifically mankind... as in humans... humanity... solely homo sapiens - it's also interesting to note that the concept of different races other than humanity wasn't an alien one (lol pun) [ie - demons, angels, Nephilim - all capable of sin but not caused by Adam's sin].

The Greek word for world is "kosmos" which is a very broad and sweeping term that can mean anything from worldly affairs, to a region, the entire earth, the universe, or anything and everything. In order to determine the correct definition, one has to look at the context which surrounds the passage. In the verse, it is quite evident that Paul is referencing and talking about the place in which humanity inhabits (aka Earth) because he does not reference the other races that have sinned and their habitations; meaning, that he specifically and intentionally said that sin entered into humanity's world through Adam. The other races had a different origin for sin; if not, Paul wouldn't have used the word "anthropos".

Hamsammich is an idiot.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
22-07-2014, 09:44 AM
"Idiot" is spelled K-e-n - H-a-m.
Just saying.

Premise:
Quote:...the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation.
Ken has reading comprehension issues.

Conclusion:
Quote:Ham says it’s all just a waste of money since the Bible already has the answers.
I wonder where Ken thinks these are found in the Bible. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
22-07-2014, 11:25 AM
And Ham has followers because???

Thanks for the morning facepalm!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-07-2014, 01:34 PM
My baloney has a first name, it's K E N...

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
22-07-2014, 01:42 PM
You lost me at "Ken Ham says".
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-07-2014, 02:01 PM
We're well into poe territory here with Ken Ham. It's like performance art that has gone on too long and he doesn't know how to stop it without getting a lot of donors very angry.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post