Ken Ham sells lies.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-03-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: Ken Ham sells lies.
(21-03-2016 11:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This is a part transcript from one of Ken Ham's school seminars:

Evangelist Ken Ham smiled at the 2,300 elementary students packed into pews, their faces rapt. With dinosaur puppets and silly cartoons, he was training them to reject much of geology, paleontology and evolutionary biology as a sinister tangle of lies.

"Boys and girls," Ham said. If a teacher so much as mentions evolution, or the Big Bang, or an era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, "you put your hand up and you say, 'Excuse me, were you there?' Can you remember that?"

The children roared their assent.

"Sometimes people will answer, 'No, but you weren't there either,' " Ham told them. "Then you say, 'No, I wasn't, but I know someone who was, and I have his book about the history of the world.' " He waved his Bible in the air.

"Who's the only one who's always been there?" Ham asked.

"God!" the boys and girls shouted.

"Who's the only one who knows everything?"

"God!"

"So who should you always trust, God or the scientists?"

The children answered with a thundering: "God!"

♫ Bibel, Bibel,
über alles, über alles! ♫
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Gawdzilla's post
21-03-2016, 01:16 PM
(21-03-2016 11:46 AM)SYZ Wrote:  This is a part transcript from one of Ken Ham's school seminars:

Evangelist Ken Ham smiled at the 2,300 elementary students packed into pews, their faces rapt. With dinosaur puppets and silly cartoons, he was training them to reject much of geology, paleontology and evolutionary biology as a sinister tangle of lies.

"Boys and girls," Ham said. If a teacher so much as mentions evolution, or the Big Bang, or an era when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, "you put your hand up and you say, 'Excuse me, were you there?' Can you remember that?"

The children roared their assent.

"Sometimes people will answer, 'No, but you weren't there either,' " Ham told them. "Then you say, 'No, I wasn't, but I know someone who was, and I have his book about the history of the world.' " He waved his Bible in the air.

"Who's the only one who's always been there?" Ham asked.

"God!" the boys and girls shouted.

"Who's the only one who knows everything?"

"God!"

"So who should you always trust, God or the scientists?"

The children answered with a thundering: "God!"

Those had better not be public schools. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2016, 06:19 AM
(21-03-2016 09:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Its when I read threads like this that I rediscover my gratitude at living in a country where this kind of thing doesn't generally happen giving the ignorant and superstitious political power is like giving a loaded handgun to a 4 year old child.

I equate it more with giving a loaded gun to a chimp or a nuclear weapon to a muslim cleric. Neither one would end well.
Find all posts by this user
23-03-2016, 06:20 AM
(21-03-2016 09:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(21-03-2016 09:36 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is Gazoo the tour guide?

No. Gazoo isn't the tour guide, because Gazoo is just imaginary.

Wouldn't that depend on what you had to have been smoking in order to find yourself there in the first place?Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
23-03-2016, 08:45 AM
There are about three million ministers working in public education who frighten children about saturated animal fat and carbon dioxide.

Give Ham a chance to do his own sermons.

I do not trust doG or the scientists.
23-03-2016, 09:00 AM
(23-03-2016 08:45 AM)Walter Wrote:  There are about three million ministers working in public education who frighten children about saturated animal fat and carbon dioxide.

With good reason.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-03-2016, 02:56 AM
(23-03-2016 08:45 AM)Walter Wrote:  There are about three million ministers working in public education who frighten children about saturated animal fat and carbon dioxide.

Shocking There is evidence for global warming at least. There's none at all for the talking snake with the apple and the two naked people or Noah and his tardis like boat. Laugh out load
24-03-2016, 02:58 AM

I don't see the connection between animal fat, carbon dioxide and ken ham.

Is there one?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
24-03-2016, 06:16 PM
[Image: ken-ham.jpg]

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 5 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
24-03-2016, 06:21 PM
(24-03-2016 02:58 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  

I don't see the connection between animal fat, carbon dioxide and ken ham.

Is there one?

Dude, in your signature you forgot cancer, MS, arthritis, mosquitos, malaria..... Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.