Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
RE: Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14
(03-01-2014 08:38 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 05:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Ken Ham is an Australian.

lol maybe they deported him to the US.

it certainly would be a reasonable thing to do.

How much is return postage?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 09:20 AM
(03-01-2014 09:16 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  How much is return postage?

I hardly know any Austrialians but I am very certain that no amount of money in the world will convice them to take him back.

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Jesus Christ. The total lack of skepticism here is making me lose all faith in humanity.

Bill Nye has not confirmed this in any way. This will obviously be an "empty chair" "debate" (or something similar), and Ham is using Nye's name to promote himself and his creationist theme park.

Amazingly, even The American Humanist Association posted a link to this on their Facebook wall. They linked to TheBlaze (a hyper-conservative Christian news outlet) whose source was Answers in Genesis (a thoroughly dishonest creationist propaganda site). But I'm the only person in the comments section to say that this obviously B.S. I thought humanists were supposed to be skeptics, but I suppose I thought wrong.

Ken Ham is an insane, megalomaniacal sociopath who rapes the minds of children for a living. Please stop giving him the publicity and attention he so desperately craves.
[+] 1 user Likes Vulpix's post
03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Re: RE: Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14
(03-01-2014 09:34 AM)Vulpix Wrote:  Jesus Christ. The total lack of skepticism here is making me lose all faith in humanity.

Bill Nye has not confirmed this in any way. This will obviously be an "empty chair" "debate" (or something similar), and Ham is using Nye's name to promote himself and his creationist theme park.

Amazingly, even The American Humanist Association posted a link to this on their Facebook wall. They linked to TheBlaze (a hyper-conservative Christian news outlet) whose source was Answers in Genesis (a thoroughly dishonest creationist propaganda site). But I'm the only person in the comments section to say that this obviously B.S. I thought humanists were supposed to be skeptics, but I suppose I thought wrong.

Ken Ham is an insane, megalomaniacal sociopath who rapes the minds of children for a living. Please stop giving him the publicity and attention he so desperately craves.

90% of people aren't going to look up to are details of a debate announcement to see who is proclaiming it.

Did you look up Bill Nye on twitter and ask him make any comment too?

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
03-01-2014, 09:49 AM
(03-01-2014 09:41 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 09:34 AM)Vulpix Wrote:  Jesus Christ. The total lack of skepticism here is making me lose all faith in humanity.

90% of people aren't going to look up to are details of a debate announcement to see who is proclaiming it.

Did you look up Bill Nye on twitter and ask him make any comment too?
I did look up both his Twitter and Facebook feeds. Nye hasn't said a word about him.

I went ahead and tweeted Nye directly about this now, but I doubt I'll receive a response, as he probably feels the same way I do and doesn't want to give Ham the publicity he craves.
03-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Well crap. I agree that it's probably a bad idea, I just love seeing idiots being ridiculed by smart dudes. Undecided

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
03-01-2014, 10:02 AM

Yeah, well, about that... The Washington Post begs to differ. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
03-01-2014, 10:11 AM
(02-01-2014 02:47 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Ken ham is truly delusional, have you been to that website? lol.

check this link out

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answ...e-dont-use

Quote:Evolution is just a theory. (“Theory” has a stronger meaning in scientific fields than in general usage; it is better to say that evolution is just a hypothesis or one model to explain the untestable past.)
I just have to say Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-01-2014, 10:13 AM
(03-01-2014 10:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

Yeah, well, about that... The Washington Post begs to differ. Consider
I can't help but notice that The Washington Post's source is Ken Ham's Facebook page.

It also alludes to a September interview in which (apparently) Nye said he would be willing to debate Ham, but I still find it suspicious that Nye hasn't said a word about this himself.

I'll believe it when I see it.
03-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Well, you got me on not checking the source.

I guess my brain just figured this type of announcement wouldn't be made unless it was confirmed.

Guess I am naïve in this area. Live and learn.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post