Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2014, 11:01 PM
RE: Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14
While Mr. Nye is more than qualified to dismantle the fool's arguments I think broaching the subject at all gives Ham the pretentions at legitimacy he so craves.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2014, 11:05 PM
(25-01-2014 10:58 PM)Formaldehyde Wrote:  I might suggest that Nye do this himself, and keep it to himself should any dodgy editing be exposed.

That was my thought also, or anyone else accompanying him. I wouldn't think they would have some sort of secret service making sure he was alone and patting him down. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised anymore.... Weeping

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2014, 11:05 PM
(25-01-2014 11:01 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  While Mr. Nye is more than qualified to dismantle the fool's arguments I think broaching the subject at all gives Ham the pretentions at legitimacy he so craves.

Again, creationism already is considered legitimate among those who believe in it, and their numbers are growing despite religion generally being on the decline.
25-01-2014, 11:08 PM
(25-01-2014 11:01 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  While Mr. Nye is more than qualified to dismantle the fool's arguments I think broaching the subject at all gives Ham the pretentions at legitimacy he so craves.

That's the thing, he's already got it from every one of the ticket holders who reportedly bought the thing out in a minute. What about them? They will get to hear the entire thing at least. What if a thinking mind or two are in the audience, even if indoctrinated? Seeds for rationality must be sewn everywhere we can put them. Grass will grow even through the cracks in concrete.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Just heard on the radio that a local church will have a live stream of the debate and is inviting people to attend.Hobo

http://www.bloomingdalealliancecma.org/

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
02-02-2014, 04:16 PM
(02-02-2014 04:07 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Just heard on the radio that a local church will have a live stream of the debate and is inviting people to attend.Hobo

Wow! They must be anticipating that Bill to be decimated by Gawd.

The whole thing still disturbs me tho.

For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside,
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive -- Badlands; Bruce Springsteen

02-02-2014, 04:24 PM
(02-02-2014 04:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 04:07 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Just heard on the radio that a local church will have a live stream of the debate and is inviting people to attend.Hobo

Wow! They must be anticipating that Bill to be decimated by Gawd.

The whole thing still disturbs me tho.

I am thinking about going and shaking things up! Evil_monster

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
02-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Someone needs to make sure the whole thing gets recorded live so if they post retarded edits, the actual version can be broadcast.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
02-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Even if Bill Nye realized it was a bad idea now, he's kind of stuck. If he backed down that'd just give the green flag for "my side is so strong, it scared away Bill Nye!".
02-02-2014, 06:24 PM
(02-02-2014 06:20 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Even if Bill Nye realized it was a bad idea now, he's kind of stuck. If he backed down that'd just give the green flag for "my side is so strong, it scared away Bill Nye!".

Yes... BUT... he wouldn't give funding to Ken Hamhanded.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.