Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Ken Ham vs Bill Nye in Feb '14
(02-02-2014 06:24 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 06:20 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Even if Bill Nye realized it was a bad idea now, he's kind of stuck. If he backed down that'd just give the green flag for "my side is so strong, it scared away Bill Nye!".

Yes... BUT... he wouldn't give funding to Ken Hamhanded.

Yes, and Ham wouid have to issue refunds. The question is if Bill signed a contract because then he could be subjected to damages.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 06:34 PM
True. Unfortunately I don't think anyone but them know what was agreed upon.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
02-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Sometimes I think we should let the creationists win every argument, give it a few months and have the 80% of the population who don't give a shit about and would not even know the meaning of Theist/Atheist a taste of a theocracy.
A Salem incident may be needed to remind people where superstition takes society.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
02-02-2014, 07:37 PM
(02-02-2014 06:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 06:24 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Yes... BUT... he wouldn't give funding to Ken Hamhanded.

Yes, and Ham wouid have to issue refunds. The question is if Bill signed a contract because then he could be subjected to damages.

Yeah, but no way is one event going to cover what Hamm needs to pull off his ark bullshit.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-02-2014, 03:24 PM
The debates tomorrow. You got this bill and i hope he knows it's better to have a stalemate then to lose.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
If you don't like Rebecca Watson, just imagine it's someone else doing the talking:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-02-2014, 05:42 PM
(03-02-2014 05:16 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  If you don't like Rebecca Watson, just imagine it's someone else doing the talking:

Ya but if Bill pulls out now Ken Ham is just going to say that his world view can't even be debated. Rebecca raises a good point and you really should try to avoid these debates, but you forget that once you decide to do a public debate with a creationist you have no choice but to do it. Sorry but this is something bill put himself intoUndecided

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
03-02-2014, 05:49 PM
(03-02-2014 05:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(03-02-2014 05:16 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  If you don't like Rebecca Watson, just imagine it's someone else doing the talking:

Ya but if Bill pulls out now Ken Ham is just going to say that his world view can't even be debated. Rebecca raises a good point and you really should try to avoid these debates, but you forget that once you decide to do a public debate with a creationist you have no choice but to do it. Sorry but this is something bill put himself intoUndecided

I agree! It doesn't matter how well Bill refutes Hamhead it isn't likely to change his mind or any of his followers. Bill knows the topic at hand and I am sure that he is well informed about Ham's shenanigans. I think he will do great as far as the debate itself goes I just don't see it to be very effective!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
04-02-2014, 07:33 AM
Her final tip, assuming you have ignored the first four: "Hey champ, just have fun out there".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-02-2014, 12:32 PM
The Bloomingdale Brothel site links to this one, where the debate will actually be streamed from:

http://debatelive.org/

Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham
Live Streaming FREE on Feb. 4 at 7 PM ET

Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern, scientific era? Leading creation apologist and bestselling Christian author Ken Ham is joined at the Creation Museum by Emmy Award-winning science educator and CEO of the Planetary Society Bill Nye.

Ham, a former science instructor who emigrated to the USA from Australia over 25 years ago, is joined by the popular children’s program personality Bill Nye “the Science Guy” for this first and only scheduled debate. Each man delivers what he believes is the best information currently available for his case. Each then has an opportunity for rebuttal and afterward answers questions submitted by the audience.

The upcoming February 4 debate has already generated significant attention from national media, and tickets to attend live were completely sold out within two minutes of release.

Don’t miss this “debate of the decade”! Watch at home, or organize to show the live stream to your small group, your youth group, or even your entire church. This event may be freely rebroadcast to groups so long as no admission or other fees are charged to any participants or attendees.

The debate is to be held in the 900-seat Legacy Hall lecture arena at the Creation Museum (sponsored by Answers in Genesis).

The live stream will be available to watch on this page, and it is being hosted by Google+ Hangouts On Air through YouTube.
Furthermore, the live stream will be available for free on YouTube for a period of time after the debate. In support of our ongoing relationship with the deaf community the debate, with nationally certified ASL interpreters, is available at debateliveASL.org. The event is also recorded for DVD and digital download distribution to help offset significant costs in organizing and sponsoring the debate. Although the immediate release of the DVD will be subtitled, it will not include the ASL interpreters, but we may add this at a later date. Sign up for the event on this page and we will update you by email if this becomes available.

To record a stream (I haven't tested this):

From makeuseof.com:

The first website that can be used to catch streaming video is KeepVid.

http://keepvid.com/

Just visit the site and enter in the URL of the video page you would like to download. Click Download and KeepVid will search the page for videos for you to download.

KeepVid also has a bookmarklet that you can drag up to your bookmarks bar. Just click the Keep It! button whenever you’re on a website with streaming video and you will be taken straight to the KeepVid download page for that video.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop