Ken Ham vs PurpleChimp and friends.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Ken Ham vs PurpleChimp and friends.
"A recent video of an atheist chat session on the internet is a must watch for all Christians! Every pastor, Christian leader, homeschooler, teenager, Christian parent, and, in fact, all Christians need to see this video chat featuring a number of very intolerant atheists (and some are hateful and angry). In fact, watch it at your Bible study, youth group meeting, home group, home, and so on—you will hear for yourself some of the best practical illustrations of many passages of Scripture come to life, including Romans 1, 2 Peter 3, and many other passages of Scripture that refer to people who oppose Christians. This can be an excellent practical Bible study for you."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...ristianity

What do you guys think about Ken Ham?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: Ken Ham vs PurpleChimp and friends.
What little I've read about him, I find it scary that people take anything he says seriously.

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 2 users Like cjs's post
21-05-2013, 09:55 PM
What a beautiful example of both the fallacy of composition (assuming that an entire item is the same as any one or more of its parts) and the fallacy of hasty generalization (stereotyping). "Let me show you some irrational atheists and you can just assume that all other atheists are like them."

This is why I work so hard to correct irrationality among atheists. Examples like these poison the well and make all of us atheists look bad. When you think of Christians, do you think of the well-reasoned and rational ones or the ignorant ones that haven't read their own holy book but are certain that it's all true? It's the same with them when they look at us... they only remember the ones that confirm their bias.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post
22-05-2013, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 04:47 PM by fstratzero.)
(21-05-2013 09:55 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  What a beautiful example of both the fallacy of composition (assuming that an entire item is the same as any one or more of its parts) and the fallacy of hasty generalization (stereotyping). "Let me show you some irrational atheists and you can just assume that all other atheists are like them."

This is why I work so hard to correct irrationality among atheists. Examples like these poison the well and make all of us atheists look bad. When you think of Christians, do you think of the well-reasoned and rational ones or the ignorant ones that haven't read their own holy book but are certain that it's all true? It's the same with them when they look at us... they only remember the ones that confirm their bias.

Here's the real question.

Is what Ken Ham saying true?

Also do you think that every atheist that uses the term "Christians" should put up a warning like this
Quote:We are generalizing, we know not all Christians do this but the ones that do we will talk about in general terms.
Or do you think every video attacking Christians should specify the leader, the sect, the followers, where they are, what they are doing, why they are doing it, and why we disagree?

Also I do have to point out the video's title is "Home School abuse by Creationists"

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
22-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Hello from one of the irrational, generalizing atheists in the video.

Now, if you don't mind, please tell me the points in the video where you felt that we were being irrational. What were the generalizations that were being made?
[+] 3 users Like PurpleChimp's post
22-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Here is some more background information on the Ken Ham issue, from Lilandra's blog.
http://freethoughtblogs.com/aronra/2013/...schoolers/
22-05-2013, 04:48 PM
(21-05-2013 06:42 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  What do you guys think about Ken Ham?

He was absolutely *smashing* in Religulous!Bangin
[+] 4 users Like Atheist_pilgrim's post
22-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I think he's crazy like a fox. Personally he's raking in some big bucks. His followers don't see that...

I know many people who constantly refer me to AIG.

Makes me sad.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Sexy Secular Conference was a hell of a lot sexier before I googled it. Weeping

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-05-2013, 07:44 PM
(22-05-2013 07:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sexy Secular Conference was a hell of a lot sexier before I googled it. Weeping

Beginning stages...?

"I'll show you my pee pee if you show me your pee pee."

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post