Ken Ham vs PurpleChimp and friends.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Ken Ham vs PurpleChimp and friends.
(22-05-2013 07:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sexy Secular Conference was a hell of a lot sexier before I googled it. Weeping

Beginning stages...?

"I'll show you my pee pee if you show me your pee pee."

[Image: j0csG3M.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
22-05-2013, 08:18 PM
(22-05-2013 07:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sexy Secular Conference was a hell of a lot sexier before I googled it. Weeping

Beginning stages...?

Mine's bigger. Tongue ... okay maybe not by much

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-05-2013, 08:19 PM
(22-05-2013 07:48 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Beginning stages...?

[Image: j0csG3M.jpg]

Beginning stages of photoshop.

Thankfully, we can fix that. - Photoshop

xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
22-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Uh...two hours of Ken Ham? No thanks. Shocking

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-05-2013, 11:00 PM
(22-05-2013 04:29 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Here's the real question.

Is what Ken Ham saying true?

Also do you think that every atheist that uses the term "Christians" should put up a warning like this
Quote:We are generalizing, we know not all Christians do this but the ones that do we will talk about in general terms.
Or do you think every video attacking Christians should specify the leader, the sect, the followers, where they are, what they are doing, why they are doing it, and why we disagree?

Also I do have to point out the video's title is "Home School abuse by Creationists"

I don't think it's ever necessary to discuss "Christians" as a group, otherwise it naturally lends itself to prejudice. "Some" Christians or even "many" Christians? Sure. Be ready to acknowledge that not all members of a group fit your personal view of them -- don't judge a book before you even look at its cover.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
22-05-2013, 11:10 PM
(22-05-2013 04:31 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  Hello from one of the irrational, generalizing atheists in the video.

Now, if you don't mind, please tell me the points in the video where you felt that we were being irrational. What were the generalizations that were being made?

I didn't watch the whole chat, but the parts that Ken Ham specifically argued against all sounded perfectly rational to me. So I think it's fair to say that the discussion here was civil and didn't match Ken Ham's description of atheists at all.

I wasn't making a claim about the specific atheists in this web chat. I've run across enough irrational atheists to know they exist (and that includes people like my buddy fstratzero here who made an argument in favor of stereotyping), but I didn't accuse you, PurpleChimp, or any of the atheists in this video of being irrational. I'm sorry it came across that way, and I should have made the above point about the specific lack of it here in my first post.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 11:34 PM by fstratzero.)
(22-05-2013 11:10 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 04:31 PM)PurpleChimp Wrote:  Hello from one of the irrational, generalizing atheists in the video.

Now, if you don't mind, please tell me the points in the video where you felt that we were being irrational. What were the generalizations that were being made?

I didn't watch the whole chat, but the parts that Ken Ham specifically argued against all sounded perfectly rational to me. So I think it's fair to say that the discussion here was civil and didn't match Ken Ham's description of atheists at all.

I wasn't making a claim about the specific atheists in this web chat. I've run across enough irrational atheists to know they exist (and that includes people like my buddy fstratzero here who made an argument in favor of stereotyping), but I didn't accuse you, PurpleChimp, or any of the atheists in this video of being irrational. I'm sorry it came across that way, and I should have made the above point about the specific lack of it here in my first post.

Actually I made an argument for generalizing, not stereotyping.

A stereotype, might be white Americans are obese, lazy, and dim-witted.

Where as generalizing is like saying, white Americans in my experience love ketchup.

I'm glad you make the distinction that using a word like "some" or "many" is enough to signify that their views do not reflect the entire religion.

If I'm irrational, or acting irrationally I accept responsibility for that.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post