Kent Hovind's Doctoral Dissertation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Kent Hovind's Doctoral Dissertation
Just in case no one's posted it here yet, you can read "Doctor" Kent Hovind's dissertation online. I've been reading it, and I have to say the following things:

- The guy writes at the level of a second-grader
- He doesn't understand evolution
- He relies almost solely on lies and fallacies

To see for yourself, go here.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2009, 10:38 AM

RE: Kent Hovind's Doctoral Dissertation
I'm no Ph.D. title holder, but I think that paper is creative writing at best, not a dissertation.

Things like that make me question the current educational system.
Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2009, 03:04 PM
(16-12-2009 10:38 AM)Puppet Wrote:  I'm no Ph.D. title holder, but I think that paper is creative writing at best, not a dissertation.

Things like that make me question the current educational system.

You don't need to. It's not their fault.

Kent Hovind got his degree from Patriot Bible University. To explain why this is important, here are a few quotes from Patriot's home page:

Patriot Home Page Wrote:Patriot Bible University
Christian non-gov't Accredited
Distance Learning Bible
Degrees

Note the "non-gov't Accredited" bit. Government accreditation is necessary for the degree to be recognized as valid anywhere in the country. Being unaccredited essentially means that the school is a diploma mill with no real requirements: hand in the $500, fill in your name and desired degree, head to the room next door for your diploma.

Patriot University Wrote:Excellent Curriculum

Students love the courses!

Patriot course books are carefully selected from Biblically conservative, professional authors who have written on a focused subject. Courses present and expound on the absolute truth of the Bible - not humanistic reasoning.

Yeah, sounds like a really balanced curriculum there. Basically, "students" here are never taught any science, math, logic, literature, humanities or history courses. All of its courses deal with the Bible and its absolute truth. No science whatsoever is taught, which could explain why Hovind has such a horrible grasp of the basic laws of reality (see his "water shield" idea).

And this is from its page on its Christian Secondary Education Teaching degree:

Secondary Teaching Wrote:Who is our Christian Education Training designed for?

Anyone who wants to teach in a church,
Anyone who wants to teach in a camp setting, retreat, or conference,
Anyone who wants to teach in their home,
Anyone who wants to teach in the mission field and foreign lands e.g. Africa, India,
Anyone who wants to be a Sunday School administrator,
Anyone who wants to teach in a church or private school,
Anyone who wants to plant a school,
Pastors who specialize in teaching,
Secular teachers who need to have a Bible education and Worldview.

It is typically not for those who desire to teach in a public school or regionally accredited Christian school AND do not already have a secular teaching degree.

The last line makes me think there's something being left out of the curriculum...

Plus, y'know, there's kinda the PICTURE OF PATRIOT UNIVERSITY floating around out there.

[Image: PatriotUniv2.jpg]

Yes, folks, that is the source of the degree that Kent Hovind is so proud about.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
02-01-2010, 07:41 AM

Oh my, I took the time to read the on-line document. I am amazed. He admits having access to a computer, but the document was typed on a typewriter? I guess using MS Word was out of the question. Sun Micro has Open Office and it's free. He can not say it was too expensive. The formatting is pathetic, and not professional whatsoever. I am not the best at composing written works, however I would assume it was written by a high school dropout not a high school teacher. There is no way he could have been a teacher in a public high school, with what I saw. Possibly the document is a hoax? If not, I may have to have pity for him.
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM

His dissertation was great! He reveals the mind of a man who has no concept of reality and a complete disinterest in understanding how wrong he has been proven to be time and time again.
04-08-2010, 05:15 AM

I think we can let him off the typing as in 1991 there was rather primitive facilities available for word processing - only DOS on pcs and Open Office was only a thought in a German programmer's head. However,

Starting a doctoral thesis with

"Hello, my name is Kent Hovind"

is hardly likely to get any marks in a primary school never mind university. I also like his take on evolution - the devil's way of getting us to ignore god! The idea that evolution was behind the activities in the garden of Eden fascinated me!

I think this must be a 'pay of a degree' style place, though as no where else would even put such a thesis up for a viva!
04-08-2010, 05:36 AM
The link Wrote:Error

The file you have requested could not be found. You can continue browsing on the main page.

Please help us to protect and defend our work.
The link gives a that kind of an error:F Wikileaks?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
04-08-2010, 06:49 AM

Our Christian Overlords in government do not want us to see this. That is the real reason they are angry at Wikileaks!
04-08-2010, 08:42 AM

Anyone tell me why I cannot get to the whole file even through Wikileaks? When I try to connect to the pdf file I just get a message back saying that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired.
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 11:28 AM by ashley.hunt60.)
(04-08-2010 08:42 AM)ukvillafan Wrote:  Anyone tell me why I cannot get to the whole file even through Wikileaks? When I try to connect to the pdf file I just get a message back saying that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired.

I had to Google a new link, but I found one that works for me. Link.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!