Kent is still at it.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
19-03-2014, 10:12 PM
RE: Kent is still at it.
(19-03-2014 09:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 07:57 PM)retroviral Wrote:  What... The... Hell... Did I just waste fifteen minutes reading??? That was a positively ridiculous mess... To think that anyone can achieve a PHD with a dissertation filled with such schlock fills me with sorrow, while simultaneously reaffirming my hopes for my own childrens' educational prospects.

Well, this is why he got his cereal-box PhD from a non-accredited correspondence 'university', which is a fake diploma mill ran essentially out of trailer in the middle of BFE.

For your viewing please, here is Patriot Bible University...

[Image: 220px-PatriotU_Crop.jpg]

...and yes, that is the entire campus. Dodgy

Wow. I mean wow as in, I can't believe that I'm not really surprised, but should be.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
19-03-2014, 10:42 PM
(19-03-2014 09:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  For your viewing please, here is Patriot Bible University...

[Image: FUUUUUUUUU_The_World_by_FattyMcFatters.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
20-03-2014, 09:50 AM
(19-03-2014 09:55 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, this is why he got his cereal-box PhD from a non-accredited correspondence 'university', which is a fake diploma mill ran essentially out of trailer in the middle of BFE.

For your viewing please, here is Patriot Bible University...

OMFG, I live a few hours from there. That entire area is desolate. I might have to snap a selfie in front of their sign.

If you ever visit that region, I recommend bypassing the "University" and instead visit the Sand Dunes National Park near Alamosa.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
20-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Kinda surprised it took this long for the news to get here on TTA. To inject some news into this thread, we also have been filed against by Alexander Otis Matthews, one of Kent's accomplices in his wonderful schemes. We doubt these suits will actually make it to trial, but we're trying our best to prepare to deal with them. (Incidentally, we're holding a fundraiser again just for this reason.)
[+] 1 user Likes Zero's post
20-03-2014, 03:01 PM
It's poorly written, like a small child wrote it.
The logic is childish too. Who graded this?

"The idea that evolutionists try to get across today is that there is a continual upwards progression. They claim that everything is getting better, improving, all by itself as if there is an inner-drive toward more perfection and order."

Now I am not a science teacher or a scientist or a person whom professionally grades PHD dissertations but...

Even I can see that this claim requires an actual source reference otherwise it seems like a strawman argument.
Even I can see that this is not the position that evolution claims.
Evolution does not define the concept of "upwards progression" or "getting better" or "improving". And at no point does evolution state this happens "all by itself".
The principles underlying evolution are:
- Decent with modification
- Natural selection

Which simply means that the DNA copy process is not perfect
And that the DNA which is more likely to survive and procreate naturally become more prevalent.

There is no upwards progression which assumes an end goal.
There is no getting better which assumes a standard by which life can be measured and judged as better thus selected above the not better life forms (in a way this assumes an end goal with better being that one intermediary form is judged as being a closer resemblance of the end goal than another intermediary form. Thus the better (closer resemblance) form is selected to continue rather than others.

It seems to me that Kent is arguing against a concept of evolution being intelligently guided.
I think most evolutionary scientists would agree that evolution is not intelligently guided.

Just a shame that Kent doesn't know what evolution actually is. Which is shocking considering that he is a science teacher.
20-03-2014, 09:24 PM
(20-03-2014 12:20 PM)Zero Wrote:  Kinda surprised it took this long for the news to get here on TTA. To inject some news into this thread, we also have been filed against by Alexander Otis Matthews, one of Kent's accomplices in his wonderful schemes. We doubt these suits will actually make it to trial, but we're trying our best to prepare to deal with them. (Incidentally, we're holding a fundraiser again just for this reason.)

Who the fuck is WE? Huh

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
20-03-2014, 09:40 PM
(20-03-2014 09:24 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who the fuck is WE? Huh

I'm assuming he's with Rationalwiki, and they're getting sued. I could be wrong.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ional-Wiki

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
21-03-2014, 07:16 AM
(20-03-2014 09:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(20-03-2014 09:24 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who the fuck is WE? Huh

I'm assuming he's with Rationalwiki, and they're getting sued. I could be wrong.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ional-Wiki

He would be correct there.