Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples
http://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-church...tgiOWOIkXk

Quote:..."There seemed to not be a problem and then all of a sudden the pastor at the time came up to [Chikuni] and told him he could not sing anymore," Harville said. "That floored us. We wanted to know why."

The next week, Cathy and Dean Harville met with the Thompson and were shocked to hear their pastor say that members of the congregation had said they would walk out if Chikuni sang again. The parents wanted to know exactly who had a problem with their future son-in-law.

"'Me, for one,'" Cathy Harville said that Thompson replied. She said he added, "'The best thing [Stella] can do is take him back where she found him.'" She said the pastor would not tell her any names of people who took issue with Chikuni....

Why am I not surprised? Overt racism from the church... Just checked the calendar, it's not 1951...

Better without God, and happier too.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
RE: Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples
No, it's 1851. Some people never made it to the last century, let alone this one. Much of what's been swept under carpets and never resolved is coming out again - it will get worse as the throwbacks feel their power increase.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I particularly liked:
"The recommendation is not intended to judge the salvation of anyone, but indicated to promote greater unity among the church body and the community we serve."
I think the KKK has that level of unity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Angry

What a load of shit.
02-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Just read about this in the newspaper.

Quote:“I am not racist. I will tell you that. I am not prejudiced against any race of people, have never in my lifetime spoke evil about a race,” said Thompson, the church’s former pastor who stepped down earlier this year. “That’s what this is being portrayed as, but it is not.”

Hmmm...