Kentucky Creationist Museum Will Feature Dragons, Unicorns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
RE: Kentucky Creationist Museum Will Feature Dragons, Unicorns
Damn....I didn't notice that the article was that old, but I did find this dated may 15th of this year:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...ion-museum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes slydog's post
01-06-2013, 03:48 PM
(31-05-2013 07:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Shocking

And they used $40 million of public funds...this isn't tragic, its criminal.

Hold on. Did you say "public funds"?

I'm sorry, I'm going to be forced to take a baseball bat to the heads of all the politicians who have allowed such a grievous misuse of public funds.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
01-06-2013, 04:20 PM
(01-06-2013 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I'm sorry, I'm going to be forced to take a baseball bat to the heads of all the politicians who have allowed such a grievous misuse of public funds.

Yea and they probably all think PBS should be defunded. Fuckwits.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
(01-06-2013 03:32 PM)slydog Wrote:  Damn....I didn't notice that the article was that old, but I did find this dated may 15th of this year:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...ion-museum

If they are going to actually attempt to teach children that St George and the Dragon might actually be based on historical events, using Public. Fucking. Funding, then....I Just...I have no words.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
[+] 1 user Likes TheLastEnemy's post
01-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Have a little perspective folks.

Dragons and unicorns are small potatoes compared to the story about the universe being created by a bloodthirsty boogieman.

Nonsense is nonsense, but the history of nonsense is a very important science.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2013, 09:05 PM
(01-06-2013 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Tax breaks totalling 37.5 million.

"Zovath said the project may refile for the incentives, which critics argue are a violation of the constitutional divide between church and state. If the rebates applied to the full project cost, they could amount to $37.5 million."

"Barry Lynn, a United Church of Christ minister who heads Americans United for Separation of Church and State, said the planned park promotes "junk science."

"You don't pay for the ministry of people out of the taxpayer's collected dollars," said Lynn, who said his group will consider a lawsuit if the tax breaks for the ark ever kick in.

Zovath argues that the tax breaks do not violate the Constitution, since the state is not giving the park money up-front, but is only returning some of the tourism money the park will bring to the state."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/3...2U20130531

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
01-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:Zovath argues that the tax breaks do not violate the Constitution, since the state is not giving the park money up-front, but is only returning some of the tourism money the park will bring to the state."

What utter horse-shit.

May as well have said "I'm not giving that dealer money upfront for drugs; but rather returning some of the money his drugs *will bring to the back ally."

Alternatively:
* "... ultimately bring back into the local economy"

Either way, way it is admitting you are using the public funds in a manner which is not appropriate, regardless of how you justify it.

Besides, there is no guarantee that that the Kentucky version of the Child Indoctrination Museum will bring the State any money as a return for its investment. After all, it seems more likely that it will slowly sap funds away from the State after completion. As it will be a probably be counted as a church run institute, the State cannot tax back the $40,000,000 or what have you, and the people are likely to spend their money on entrance fees at the new K-CIM rather than on local amusements and shops and the like which are taxed .

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
02-06-2013, 04:49 PM
As I understand it there is evidence of for the unicorn to be referring to the one honed rhinoceros. Dragons also can be understood as serpents or large lizards eg monitor lizards. Perhaps the mythological references here actually are factual, but our modern descriptions no longer match the reality at the time.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
02-06-2013, 09:49 PM
(02-06-2013 04:49 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Perhaps the mythological references here actually are factual, but our modern descriptions no longer match the reality at the time.

And there's the rub. Can we not, for almighty fuck's sake, just be intellectually honest with our children? I suppose if one can't be to themselves, they'll be "damned" if they don't drag their kids down with them. Weeping

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
For anyone who wants to believe that unicorns are/were real, this video is for you:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Creationist's Mind Timber1025 0 102 12-06-2014 11:57 AM
Last Post: Timber1025
  Soon creationist are going to say beneficial mutations prove creationism Metazoa Zeke 18 321 22-03-2014 02:08 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  How to talk about evolution to a creationist Metazoa Zeke 2 271 16-03-2014 02:46 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  Is it a waste of time debating creationist Metazoa Zeke 26 413 10-03-2014 10:07 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Creationist and Uniformitarianism Metazoa Zeke 2 206 08-03-2014 10:33 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Evidence that prove creation,was originally said to never happen by creationist. Metazoa Zeke 14 307 07-03-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  A creationist fallacy that I have picked up on. Metazoa Zeke 7 281 06-03-2014 11:23 AM
Last Post: WillHopp