Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 09:38 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Find me the exact law she broke as a clerk?

She didn't break any laws by refusing to sign marriage licenses.

The only law she broke was defying the judges order, that she change her conscious.

Kentucky Revised Statutes, section 403.760 - Contempt of Court

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes/statute.aspx?id=17482

That's the state version. Davis is being held under federal law.

US Code 18 § 401 - 402

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
04-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Want to tell me how she is any different from this guy?

[Image: th?id=JN.oYy0wZ2GBtG%2bM%2bRu4XUAJA&...;amp;h=300]

The Stand in the Schoolhouse Door took place at Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama on June 11, 1963. George Wallace, the Democratic Governor of Alabama, in a symbolic attempt to keep his inaugural promise of "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" and stop the desegregation of schools, stood at the door of the auditorium to try to block the entry of two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_in_t...house_Door

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
04-09-2015, 09:54 AM
(04-09-2015 09:24 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  And don't you think it's about fucking time for you to address the fact that she was denying the rights of others?

What's there for me to address here? Was I suppose to think that what she was doing was right? Far as I'm concerned she could have been an gay atheist refusing to grant a marriage license to me for being a Christian, and I still would not support her being jailed for this. In fact those who sued Kim Davis are not in support of her being jailed.

What good comes out of jailing her? Is she just being thrown in jail to get around the inability to remove her from office, so others can take on her role in her absence? Is it just a technical means around this? I guess in the mean time we'll work on developing laws to insure that others like her can be removed from office, without the need of jail time?

Is to make an example, to make a resounding noise to all those multitudes who cling in support of her, of what would await them as well?

Does it really show what those signs suggest, "love wins". The only thing that won here is contempt.

And you still won't address it. Facepalm

She is denying others' rights and that alone makes it jail-worthy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 10:04 AM
(04-09-2015 08:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:36 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is called contempt you retard.

Duh.

She didn't break the law when she refused to sign marriage licenses. Just like her son who still refused to sign marriage licenses for gay couples, hasn't broken the law, hence why he's not facing penalties as of yet.

She's in jail for refusing a judges order that she break her conscious will. In the case it wasn't even her refusal to continue to sign marriage licenses, but her unwillingness to give her blessing to other clerks who would do so in her place.

Holy crap dude, have you even been following this story? Chas completely pointed this out already but you are just talking out of your ass. She can have all the personal objections she wants, she has that right. She however does NOT have the right to ignore a judge's orders, ignoring the function of her office, or to ignoring the constitutional rights of US citizens.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
04-09-2015, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 10:12 AM by Octapulse.)
As long as homosexuality is involved, Tomasia won't budge on his position no matter what facts you parade before him. We can keep on beating this dead horse for many pages to come and you still won't be able to reason with him.

Tell me something Tomasia, if gawd has such a raging hard-on for being anti-gay, why out of all the animals on Earth to represent believers, he chose one where 10% of it's male population exclusively engages in gay butt-sex? (we're looking at you sheep)

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3...eep-study/

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
04-09-2015, 10:26 AM
(04-09-2015 10:08 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Tell me something Tomasia, if gawd has such a raging hard-on for being anti-gay, why out of all the animals on Earth to represent believers, he chose one where 10% of it's male population exclusively engages in gay butt-sex? (we're looking at you sheep)

I so no reason to actually respond to your strawman.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 10:33 AM
(04-09-2015 10:26 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 10:08 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Tell me something Tomasia, if gawd has such a raging hard-on for being anti-gay, why out of all the animals on Earth to represent believers, he chose one where 10% of it's male population exclusively engages in gay butt-sex? (we're looking at you sheep)

Hey genius, you just DID respond to his strawman. Laughat

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-09-2015, 10:38 AM
(04-09-2015 09:54 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Want to tell me how she is any different from this guy?

[Image: th?id=JN.oYy0wZ2GBtG%2bM%2bRu4XUAJA&...;amp;h=300]

The Stand in the Schoolhouse Door took place at Foster Auditorium at the University of Alabama on June 11, 1963. George Wallace, the Democratic Governor of Alabama, in a symbolic attempt to keep his inaugural promise of "segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" and stop the desegregation of schools, stood at the door of the auditorium to try to block the entry of two black students, Vivian Malone and James Hood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_in_t...house_Door

Well for one she out Wallaced Wallace.

She didn't physically block anyone from granting marriage license. She refused to sign them herself, and refused to bless those who grant them to gay couples without her permission.

The only thing standing in the door were the laws governing her office, that prevent her from being impeached, the makes her signature a necessity for the issuing of marriage licenses.

The laws governing her office should have been changed. But she defiantly didn't warrant prison time. Not even Wallace got jail time.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 10:40 AM
(04-09-2015 10:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 10:26 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I so no reason to actually respond to your strawman.

Hey genius, you just DID respond to his strawman. Laughat

I see no reason to actually respond, to your belief that this or that amounts to an actual response.

04-09-2015, 10:42 AM
(04-09-2015 10:26 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

A. I didn't ignore your argument but addressed it head on many times in this thread. You chose to simply dismiss the facts presented.

B. By positing this question, I am not attempting to misrepresent, distort or exaggerate your position. You are hell-bent on defending your gawd-inspired homophobia and I am simply attempting to demonstrate the folly of it.

C. If anyone is guilty of a logical fallacy here it's you. After shutting down your argument that there was no legal ground for putting her in jail, you tried moving the goal posts by asserting that your issue is one of martyrdom.

D. eez nuts

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post