Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 02:32 PM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 02:22 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 12:29 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  You should look up the information before you post flat statements like this.

If Tom did that to begin with this thread would be much, much smaller.

Who needs mere facts when you've got Righteousness™?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
04-09-2015, 02:40 PM
(04-09-2015 10:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 10:42 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  You are hell-bent on defending your gawd-inspired homophobia and I am simply attempting to demonstrate the folly of it.

I didn't know claiming she doesn't deserve jail time for what she did equates to gawd-inspired homophobia

She said that it was against God's law for people of the same sex to marry.

Call it homophobia, call it religious insanity, call it bigotry, but it is discrimination and it is illegal.

Since you like imagined scenarios so much, how would you feel if she wouldn't issue licenses to couples of different races?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-09-2015, 02:49 PM
(04-09-2015 11:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are not listening.

She couldn't be fired as she is elected.

She was jailed for refusing to obey a court order to do her job. That is contempt of court.

To say she was jailed for refusing to obey a court order, doesn't answer the question of whether the punishment fit the crime, anymore so than saying a person was jailed for 10 years for smoking a joint, answers whether the punishment was proportional.

If she could be fired, and was fired, would anyone here request that she be jailed as well?

You throw around a "ten year sentence" like the strawman it is.

It truly amazes me that you completely miss the specifics of the situation even after they have been succinctly explained to you. The question becomes, are you trolling or incapable of analytical thought? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
04-09-2015, 08:30 PM
(04-09-2015 11:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are not listening.

She couldn't be fired as she is elected.

She was jailed for refusing to obey a court order to do her job. That is contempt of court.

To say she was jailed for refusing to obey a court order, doesn't answer the question of whether the punishment fit the crime, anymore so than saying a person was jailed for 10 years for smoking a joint, answers whether the punishment was proportional.

If she could be fired, and was fired, would anyone here request that she be jailed as well?

Yeah she should be jailed. Often the courts use a case as an example deterrent to others thinking of committing the same crime. She's like a nurse who is against abortion going to work for a hospital that does them. She should have resigned if she really had any principles.

I saw her husband on the news today. OMG. I didn't know stupidity like that was compatible with life.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-09-2015, 09:46 PM
(04-09-2015 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 11:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  To say she was jailed for refusing to obey a court order, doesn't answer the question of whether the punishment fit the crime, anymore so than saying a person was jailed for 10 years for smoking a joint, answers whether the punishment was proportional.

Yeah she should be jailed. Often the courts use a case as an example deterrent to others thinking of committing the same crime. She's like a nurse who is against abortion going to work for a hospital that does them. She should have resigned if she really had any principles.

I saw her husband on the news today. OMG. I didn't know stupidity like that was compatible with life.

What is scarier is that she reproduced. Gasp

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-09-2015, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 11:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(04-09-2015 09:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah she should be jailed. Often the courts use a case as an example deterrent to others thinking of committing the same crime. She's like a nurse who is against abortion going to work for a hospital that does them. She should have resigned if she really had any principles.

What is scarier is that she reproduced. Gasp

And their lineage is rather complicated. Hobo

She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-09-2015, 11:46 PM
(04-09-2015 10:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  What is scarier is that she reproduced. Gasp

She gave birth to twins five months after divorcing her first husband. They were fathered by her third husband but adopted by her second. Davis worked at the clerk's office at the time of each divorce and has since remarried.

Boy, no wonder she's in jail ... Gawd must be pretty pissed-off at a woman defying his Word in such a wanton manner.
05-09-2015, 02:57 AM
(04-09-2015 02:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The question becomes, are you trolling or incapable of analytical thought? Consider

C- All of the above.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-09-2015, 09:42 AM
(04-09-2015 10:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:46 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  What is scarier is that she reproduced. Gasp

This reads almost like an apologist's answer to the problem of the lineage of Joseph.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
06-09-2015, 10:41 AM
I saw this open letter and I just had to post it.

Quote:Dear Kim Davis supporters,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you all, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you all, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev.24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have all studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post