Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(06-09-2015 10:41 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I saw this open letter and I just had to post it.

Quote:Dear Kim Davis supporters,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you all, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you all, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev.19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev.24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have all studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Reminds me of this.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
06-09-2015, 01:15 PM
[Image: davis-timeline.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 9 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-09-2015, 09:01 PM
This was put on the Huffington post.

FFS:

"As a prisoner of her conscience, Davis continues to request a simple accommodation and exemption from Governor Beshear, who is overseeing Kentucky marriage policy," said the emergency request for an injunction.

Translation:
I want you to force the governor to allow me to deny the rights of people that the Supreme Court already ruled have the right to get legally married because my iron age beliefs that I only sort of follow mandate that I discriminate even though the main person I "follow" never said anything about queers. Facepalm

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
08-09-2015, 11:50 AM
She was released

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/09/us/kim....html?_r=0

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-09-2015, 12:11 PM
(08-09-2015 11:50 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  She was released

Let's see what happens when she returns to work. This is not the end of the story for sure.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-09-2015, 12:14 PM
(08-09-2015 12:11 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Let's see what happens when she returns to work. This is not the end of the story for sure.

I suspect she's going to get a lot of campaign donations and run for a higher office.
08-09-2015, 12:21 PM
(08-09-2015 12:11 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  

Let's see what happens when she returns to work. This is not the end of the story for sure.

Nope but the judge did order her not to interfere so if she does I suspect she will end up right back in jail.

08-09-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:Ms. Davis’s argument and incarceration have resonated deeply among Christian conservatives, many of whom say they fear an erosion of religious liberty, and transformed the clerk of a rural Kentucky county into an unyielding symbol of opposition to same-sex marriage.
So let me get this straight... They *fear* an erosion of religious *liberty* to continue being total pricks to people they don't know an "unyielding symbol of opposition to same-sex marriage"?

Quote:On a street near the squat jail, demonstrators lined up along the roadway, where a sign leaned against a truck and read, “Judges Don’t Make Laws And Are Not Above The Law.”
Facepalm I mean. Do these guys even? Bolding mine. The irony is just too much.

Quote:Donald J. Trump, who is leading most Republican polls, did his best not to offend evangelical Christians who have been strong supporters of his candidacy. He called it a “sticky situation” and said he saw both sides of the issue, before suggesting that one of Ms. Davis’s colleagues could issue the marriage licenses. He said that ultimately “we are a nation of laws” and that someone in the clerk’s office must issue the licenses.
When even Donald Fucking Trump thinks you've gone a bit far Blink

The stupid on this issue is beyond belief. Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-09-2015, 12:22 PM
(04-09-2015 02:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You throw around a "ten year sentence" like the strawman it is.

It truly amazes me that you completely miss the specifics of the situation even after they have been succinctly explained to you. The question becomes, are you trolling or incapable of analytical thought? Consider

What specifics of the situation have I denied? That she wasn't in the wrong for denying the licenses? That she didn't violate a court order? I just didn't feel jail was an appropriate punishment. Judging that she was just released, I seen no reason to make any more of an issue of it.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-09-2015, 12:24 PM
(08-09-2015 12:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Quote:Ms. Davis’s argument and incarceration have resonated deeply among Christian conservatives, many of whom say they fear an erosion of religious liberty, and transformed the clerk of a rural Kentucky county into an unyielding symbol of opposition to same-sex marriage.
So let me get this straight... They *fear* an erosion of religious *liberty* to continue being total pricks to people they don't know an "unyielding symbol of opposition to same-sex marriage"?

Quote:On a street near the squat jail, demonstrators lined up along the roadway, where a sign leaned against a truck and read, “Judges Don’t Make Laws And Are Not Above The Law.”
Facepalm I mean. Do these guys even? Bolding mine. The irony is just too much.

Quote:Donald J. Trump, who is leading most Republican polls, did his best not to offend evangelical Christians who have been strong supporters of his candidacy. He called it a “sticky situation” and said he saw both sides of the issue, before suggesting that one of Ms. Davis’s colleagues could issue the marriage licenses. He said that ultimately “we are a nation of laws” and that someone in the clerk’s office must issue the licenses.
When even Donald Fucking Trump thinks you've gone a bit far Blink

The stupid on this issue is beyond belief. Angry

Can't fix stupid unfortunately.