Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(08-09-2015 12:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Can't fix stupid unfortunately.

After much experimentation I begin to agree with you Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-09-2015, 12:30 PM
(08-09-2015 12:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nope but the judge did order her not to interfere so if she does I suspect she will end up right back in jail.

There won't be any proof. The hard drives containing the evidence will all mysteriously crash and then be destroyed. Or maybe, she will use her own private server and just wipe it clean before turning it over for examination.
08-09-2015, 12:32 PM
(08-09-2015 12:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 12:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Can't fix stupid unfortunately.

After much experimentation I begin to agree with you Rolleyes

Did you try unplugging them and plugging them back in?

(08-09-2015 12:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 12:21 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nope but the judge did order her not to interfere so if she does I suspect she will end up right back in jail.

There won't be any proof. The hard drives containing the evidence will all mysteriously crash and then be destroyed. Or maybe, she will use her own private server and just wipe it clean before turning it over for examination.

The proof will be the couples who are refused licenses.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-09-2015, 12:36 PM
(08-09-2015 12:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The proof will be the couples who are refused licenses.

That is only proof of shenanigans. It isn't proof she is criminally responsible. When questioned she will make a statement that she is innocent, and then plead the fifth. It seems to have worked for Lois Lerner.
08-09-2015, 12:46 PM
(08-09-2015 12:22 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 02:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You throw around a "ten year sentence" like the strawman it is.

It truly amazes me that you completely miss the specifics of the situation even after they have been succinctly explained to you. The question becomes, are you trolling or incapable of analytical thought? Consider

What specifics of the situation have I denied? That she wasn't in the wrong for denying the licenses? That she didn't violate a court order? I just didn't feel jail was an appropriate punishment. Judging that she was just released, I seen no reason to make any more of an issue of it.

She was released on the condition that she no longer interferes with the issuing of legal marriage licenses.

She will go back to jail if she does interfere.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2015, 12:57 PM
(08-09-2015 12:22 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 02:49 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  You throw around a "ten year sentence" like the strawman it is.

It truly amazes me that you completely miss the specifics of the situation even after they have been succinctly explained to you. The question becomes, are you trolling or incapable of analytical thought? Consider

What specifics of the situation have I denied? That she wasn't in the wrong for denying the licenses? That she didn't violate a court order? I just didn't feel jail was an appropriate punishment. Judging that she was just released, I seen no reason to make any more of an issue of it.

She wasn’t given a ten year sentence so to equate her punishment to this is a straw man.

What she feels is right or wrong does not come into play when the position she ran for and was elected to uphold is a public one that she MUST follow regardless of her personal feelings or convictions. She can always resign but she cannot choose to not perform her duties as prescribed by law.

The jail sentence has already been explained to you by others but you want to ignore the “why”. The court’s remedy for non-compliance of her duties stipulated that her actions of contempt required jail time.

Simple really.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
08-09-2015, 01:09 PM
(08-09-2015 12:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 12:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  The proof will be the couples who are refused licenses.

That is only proof of shenanigans. It isn't proof she is criminally responsible. When questioned she will make a statement that she is innocent, and then plead the fifth. It seems to have worked for Lois Lerner.

When did sworn witness testimony become not so good proof? The couples who would be denied licenses would know that she would interfere also how is a computer going to track her saying "No"? Does this computer have AI and is recording everything that is said in the room?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-09-2015, 01:53 PM
(08-09-2015 01:09 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 12:36 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That is only proof of shenanigans. It isn't proof she is criminally responsible. When questioned she will make a statement that she is innocent, and then plead the fifth. It seems to have worked for Lois Lerner.

When did sworn witness testimony become not so good proof? The couples who would be denied licenses would know that she would interfere also how is a computer going to track her saying "No"? Does this computer have AI and is recording everything that is said in the room?

What she could do is slow up applications or simply lose requests for "duplicate" marriage licences, etc. I'm sure there are ways she can make things harder for same sex couples if she wants too. She isn't going to outright deny issuing licences any more than Lerner did not outright deny tax exempt status to conservative political groups.
08-09-2015, 07:12 PM
If she was a Muslim, especially a male Muslim, and not issuing marriage licenses because of some dumb Muslim marriage technicality she/he would have been fired, sent to jail and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-09-2015, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 09:33 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
From my FB feed:

[Image: 1ixybp.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post