Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 10:21 PM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(08-09-2015 07:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  If she was a Muslim, especially a male Muslim, and not issuing marriage licenses because of some dumb Muslim marriage technicality she/he would have been fired, sent to jail and prosecuted to the fullest extent.

From what I understand she is an elected official. She can't be fired like an employee.

On a side note, it is very difficult to fire employees who work for the government. She'd have do something far more egregious than refusing to do her job....she'd just about to have to murder someone before she got fired.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 06:24 AM
(08-09-2015 12:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 12:22 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  What specifics of the situation have I denied? That she wasn't in the wrong for denying the licenses? That she didn't violate a court order? I just didn't feel jail was an appropriate punishment. Judging that she was just released, I seen no reason to make any more of an issue of it.

She wasn’t given a ten year sentence so to equate her punishment to this is a straw man.

What she feels is right or wrong does not come into play when the position she ran for and was elected to uphold is a public one that she MUST follow regardless of her personal feelings or convictions. She can always resign but she cannot choose to not perform her duties as prescribed by law.

The jail sentence has already been explained to you by others but you want to ignore the “why”. The court’s remedy for non-compliance of her duties stipulated that her actions of contempt required jail time.

Simple really.

Judging that she's been released after a few days, it's all a moot point.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
09-09-2015, 06:27 AM
(08-09-2015 10:21 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  On a side note, it is very difficult to fire employees who work for the government. She'd have do something far more egregious than refusing to do her job....she'd just about to have to murder someone before she got fired.

I can see you never worked for or with government employees....

I have - and I've seen GSA employees get the boot. One I knew pretty well -- he got canned for simply absenteeism....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-09-2015, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 07:12 AM by The Organic Chemist.)
I think it would be ironic if Survivor sued her for using their song.

Perhaps if she used "Hair of the Dog," Nazareth would have let it go for the epic laugh.

Also, HOLY SHIT!!! She makes 80K a year!!!! Gasp

Edit: Also, she is acting like she won or something. She failed, the licenses are still going to be issued and if she does it again back she goes. Is she really this stupid? It will also be interesting to see what happens to Huckabee's numbers in the next week or so. The country is not behind this woman.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
09-09-2015, 07:28 AM
I think this explains her acting like she won

[Image: f24033fd421dd84f31334e7c2022954d.jpg]

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 4 users Like Worom's post
09-09-2015, 07:35 AM
proof of god's power...truly...according to the dipshit presidential candidate Rolleyes

This shit just enrages me...she wasn't jailed because of her belief, she was jailed for refusal to do her job, and her choice to refuse to obey the court's order.

Piece of shit

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 10:45 AM
(09-09-2015 07:35 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  proof of god's power...truly...according to the dipshit presidential candidate Rolleyes

This shit just enrages me...she wasn't jailed because of her belief, she was jailed for refusal to do her job, and her choice to refuse to obey the court's order.

Piece of shit

This is like saying Rosa Parks wasn't jailed for being black but instead jailed for refusing to move to the back of the bus. Parks could have moved, it was her choice not too.

Obviously the color of Parks skin was a factor that lead to her jailing and this woman's beliefs are also a factor that lead to her jailing. You just can't hand wave them away.

That being said, her beliefs don't protect her from the consequences of refusing to do her job.
09-09-2015, 10:47 AM
(09-09-2015 10:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:35 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  proof of god's power...truly...according to the dipshit presidential candidate Rolleyes

Piece of shit

This is like saying Rosa Parks wasn't jailed for being black but instead jailed for refusing to move to the back of the bus. Parks could have moved, it was her choice not too.

Obviously the color of Parks skin was a factor that lead to her jailing and this woman's beliefs are also a factor that lead to her jailing. You just can't hand wave them away.

That being said, her beliefs don't protect her from the consequences of refusing to do her job.

Wow really, Kim Davis is the bus driver that told Parks to get to the back of the bus. She was not jailed for her religious beliefs just her actions in illegally preventing qualified people from using a government service.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-09-2015, 11:01 AM
(09-09-2015 10:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Wow really, Kim Davis is the bus driver that told Parks to get to the back of the bus. She was not jailed for her religious beliefs just her actions in illegally preventing qualified people from using a government service.

Her beliefs were the motivation for her actions. Motivation is an important factor in penalizing someone. Perhaps you have heard of the phrase, "Means, Motive, and Opportunity". They are the three aspects of a crime that must be established before guilt can be determined in a criminal proceeding.

Hand waving her beliefs away is looking at this situation one dimensionally.
09-09-2015, 11:03 AM
(09-09-2015 11:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 10:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Wow really, Kim Davis is the bus driver that told Parks to get to the back of the bus. She was not jailed for her religious beliefs just her actions in illegally preventing qualified people from using a government service.

Her beliefs were the motivation for her actions. Motivation is an important factor in penalizing someone. Perhaps you have heard of the phrase, "Means, Motive, and Opportunity".

Hand waving her beliefs away is looking at this situation one dimensionally.

I am not saying her cherry-picked belief system (which she has been called out for) was not what motivated her, however what motivated the court was not that belief but her actions. She has always had many many options other than breaking the law she however has chosen to do just that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post