Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
HB,

Your comparison holds no merit.

We are a nation of laws, not a christian nation. Interestingly the Supreme Court made it legal for same sex individuals to get married, even though they are all religious (Roman Catholic and Jewish). Holy shit, you mean they DIDN'T use their PERSONAL religious beliefs to drive their decision? They actually were professional enough to use rational interpretation of the LAW? Gasp Must be because that was the right thing to do. If you hold public office, you take a vow, and guess what HB, you have to obey and enforce those laws....not your personal religious views. What sickens me is a presidential candidate "supporting her" and leading a rally in her behalf while declaring "God helped her"....how the fuck are you going to desire the country's highest office if you can't comprehend we are a nation of laws?

"The claim she's making is a clear loser. It's a political claim, it's not a legal claim," Franke said. "That's why she lost on the district level and the circuit level and she will continue to lose. She's fighting for justice on the level of religious law. But we don't live in a theocracy."(yahoo)

On another story a newly converted Muslim flight attendant refused to serve alcohol due to her religious views...guess what shitbag? It is your job, if you feel so strongly about it violating your delusion of choice, get a new job.(USA today)

Since I am an atheist, perhaps I will refuse to follow the orders of my superior because he is a fundamentalist christian, and i dont agree with his views...you know what will happen? I will be court martialed for failure to obey the orders of a superior commissioned officer and off to federal prison I will go, and rightfully so. Get your head out of your ass HB. You have the right to suckle the tit of whatever made up bullshit religion you choose to, but you do not have the right to refuse to do your sworn duties in a public office. Think for just a second, I know that is hard for you, can you imagine the crazy that would be going on in this country if this was legal?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/27/us/sup....html?_r=0

http://www.infoplease.com/us/supreme-cou...mbers.html

http://news.yahoo.com/clerk-denied-gay-m...58362.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/.../71852754/

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 03:33 PM
(09-09-2015 02:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  HB,

We are a nation of laws, not a christian nation. Interestingly the Supreme Court made it legal for same sex individuals to get married, even though they are all religious (Roman Catholic and Jewish). Holy shit, you mean they DIDN'T use their PERSONAL religious beliefs to drive their decision? They actually were professional enough to use rational interpretation of the LAW? Gasp Must be because that was the right thing to do. If you hold public office, you take a vow, and guess what HB, you have to obey and enforce those laws....not your personal religious views. What sickens me is a presidential candidate "supporting her" and leading a rally in her behalf while declaring "God helped her"....how the fuck are you going to desire the country's highest office if you can't comprehend we are a nation of laws?

"The claim she's making is a clear loser. It's a political claim, it's not a legal claim," Franke said. "That's why she lost on the district level and the circuit level and she will continue to lose. She's fighting for justice on the level of religious law. But we don't live in a theocracy."(yahoo)

On another story a newly converted Muslim flight attendant refused to serve alcohol due to her religious views...guess what shitbag? It is your job, if you feel so strongly about it violating your delusion of choice, get a new job.(USA today)

Since I am an atheist, perhaps I will refuse to follow the orders of my superior because he is a fundamentalist christian, and i dont agree with his views...you know what will happen? I will be court martialed for failure to obey the orders of a superior commissioned officer and off to federal prison I will go, and rightfully so. Get your head out of your ass HB. You have the right to suckle the tit of whatever made up bullshit religion you choose to, but you do not have the right to refuse to do your sworn duties in a public office. Think for just a second, I know that is hard for you, can you imagine the crazy that would be going on in this country if this was legal?

I don't have a problem with most of what you wrote above. In fact I have said several times in this thread that first amendment rights do not absolve you from fulfilling your conditions of employment. I only have a problem when you say she wasn't jailed for her religious beliefs. It is silly to think her religious beliefs didn't play a role here.
09-09-2015, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 03:41 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-09-2015 03:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 02:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  HB,

I don't have a problem with most of what you wrote above. In fact I have said several times in this thread that first amendment rights do not absolve you from fulfilling your conditions of employment. I only have a problem when you say she wasn't jailed for her religious beliefs. It is silly to think her religious beliefs didn't play a role here.

Not when you consider christians are the vast majority in this country. Odds are the judge is christian as well. She didnt get jailed because she is a christian, contrary to popular belief within the declining group of christians that christians are under attack, and being persecuted for their beliefs, that is (a) untrue) and (b) had no bearing on this case. She went to jail because she refused to follow a court order. I hope she gets put back in jail as soon as she inevitably makes her next move, emboldened by her sudden celebrity, and support of people rallying for her. Sadly she has brought children into this world and brain washed her son as well. I like that her mom was the clerk before her, and now she is, and she conveniently hired friends and family....abuse of power, and clearly delusional to the degree she cant do her job, so she needs to cease and desist, or resign.

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 03:38 PM
(09-09-2015 02:53 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Since I am an atheist, perhaps I will refuse to follow the orders of my superior because he is a fundamentalist christian, and i dont agree with his views...you know what will happen? I will be court martialed for failure to obey the orders of a superior commissioned officer and off to federal prison I will go, and rightfully so.

Exactly. I swore the same oath and fulfilled my duties, even when at times I personally took issue with the reasoning behind them.

It should be pointed out that in all likelihood, Davis swore "so help me God" -- i.e., an oath before God -- and then commenced to violate said oath.

It appears that I (who refused to utter those last four words upon my induction in 1989, to no harm), and millions of others, took our oaths with more sincerity than this alleged Christian. Divorced three times, this makes the fourth oath before her god she's violated.

Color me unimpressed.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-09-2015, 03:38 PM
(09-09-2015 01:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Comparing this dumb broad to Rosa Parks is on par with comparing Carrottop to George Carlin.......

She's a simple minded idiot, who thinks her twisted view of the world is "god's will".

Jail probably isn't quite appropriate --- but a few months in the loony bin would likely be in order......

depends on how you compare them.

If I say Rosa Parks is like this woman because she is a human being like Rosa Parks....that is a fair comparison.

If I say Rosa Parks is like this woman because she is a female like Rosa Parks....that is a fair comparison.

If I say Rosa Parks is like this woman because she ended up in jail because like Rosa Parks, she refused to obey a law her conscious would not allow her to obey....that is also fair comparison.

Now you can make comparisons between Rosa Parks and this woman that I did not make and go on to show they are not fair but you don't refute my comparison. All you do is defeat a straw man of your own making.
09-09-2015, 03:40 PM
(09-09-2015 03:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 01:30 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Comparing this dumb broad to Rosa Parks is on par with comparing Carrottop to George Carlin.......

She's a simple minded idiot, who thinks her twisted view of the world is "god's will".

Jail probably isn't quite appropriate --- but a few months in the loony bin would likely be in order......

If I say Rosa Parks is like this woman because she is a human being like Rosa Parks....that is a fair comparison.

If I say Rosa Parks is like this woman because she is a female like Rosa Parks....that is a fair comparison.

If I say Rosa Parks is like this woman because she ended up in jail because like Rosa Parks, she refused to obey a law her conscious would not allow her to obey....that is also fair comparison.

Now you can make comparisons between Rosa Parks and this woman that I did not make and go on to show they are not fair but you don't refute my comparison. All you do is defeat a straw man of your own making.

Blink

Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 03:43 PM
(09-09-2015 03:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I would say that may not be an accurate slant to history to just say why or not a person choice not to obey... as it was a calculated political move pulled by Rosa Parks and not a mere reaction to something deemed against her conscious... so no, one doesn't have to strawman you to call you a still bit foolish in regards to history and current relations to the world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-09-2015, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 07:19 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(09-09-2015 03:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I only have a problem when you say she wasn't jailed for her religious beliefs. It is silly to think her religious beliefs didn't play a role here.

Well, you're wrong here. As I've pointed out already, she has every right to practice her religion, except when acting as the representative of the government.

She wasn't jailed for her faith. She was jailed for refusing to follow a court order, which in the Commonweath of Kentucky is adjudged as failing to follow the order of a court, which she clearly has done.

Go look up her case, and tell us what the charge is.

Protip: it ain't "being a Christian".
09-09-2015, 03:51 PM
(09-09-2015 03:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I would say that may not be an accurate slant to history to just say why or not a person choice not to obey... as it was a calculated political move pulled by Rosa Parks and not a mere reaction to something deemed against her conscious... so no, one doesn't have to strawman you to call you a still bit foolish in regards to history and current relations to the world.

Many other blacks before Rosa Parks refused to move to the back seat and were jailed for it....surely some of those did so because obeying the law was an affront to their conscious. And even if Rosa calculated it ahead of time, I bet her motivation to engage in such a calculated political moved stemmed from the existence of laws which were an affront to her conscious. So she still ends up in jail for disobeying a law which was an affront to her conscious.....just like this woman.....the comparison is still valid.

The reason Rosa Parks sparked the civil rights movement and the jailing of those other blacks was because she happened to have lots and lots of friends. It pays to have friends if you want to make a movement.
09-09-2015, 03:53 PM
(09-09-2015 03:38 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Now you can make comparisons between Rosa Parks and this woman that I did not make and go on to show they are not fair but you don't refute my comparison. All you do is defeat a straw man of your own making.

No. I can also say that your comparison is incomplete, because it doesn't take the fial step and ask for the motivation of the civil disobedience, which is, after all, its justification.

The fact that you refuse to take that last step tells me much about you.