Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
Also, it's conscience, goddamnit, not "conscious." FFS, go buy an education.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 04:06 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-09-2015 03:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:43 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I would say that may not be an accurate slant to history to just say why or not a person choice not to obey... as it was a calculated political move pulled by Rosa Parks and not a mere reaction to something deemed against her conscious... so no, one doesn't have to strawman you to call you a still bit foolish in regards to history and current relations to the world.

Many other blacks before Rosa Parks refused to move to the back seat and were jailed for it....surely some of those did so because obeying the law was an affront to their conscious. And even if Rosa calculated it ahead of time, I bet her motivation engage in the calculated political moved stemmed from the existence of laws which were an affront to her conscious.

The reason Rosa Parks sparked the civil rights movement and the jailing of those other blacks was because she happened to have lots and lots of friends.

Rosa Parks wasn't an elected official who refused to perform her duties due to personal religious views...that is ILLEGAL, and that is why Kim Davis went to jail, because she refused to follow the court's instruction, which is ILLEGAL. This is a nation of laws, and refusal to obey must have consequences, if not, then society has no order, and people can just do whatever they want, as long as they can point to their religious views as validation. You do know the fastest growing religiosity group in america is Islam right? So if an american muslim threw acid on your daughter because she was walking to the store in a pair of shorts and a tshirt, he cant be jailed for assault because of his religious views, and Imam fatwahs state this is divinely sanctioned? Truly? Should he go to jail? Why or why not? he is just afterall conducting his life in accordance with his religious views. God's court outranks mankind's criminal court right? becareful what you wish for...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 04:08 PM
(09-09-2015 03:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Many other blacks before Rosa Parks refused to move to the back seat and were jailed for it....surely some of those did so because obeying the law was an affront to their conscious. And even if Rosa calculated it ahead of time, I bet her motivation engage in the calculated political moved stemmed from the existence of laws which were an affront to her conscious.

The reason Rosa Parks sparked the civil rights movement and the jailing of those other blacks was because she happened to have lots and lots of friends.

Rosa Parks wasn't an elected official who refused to perform her duties due to personal religious views...that is ILLEGAL, and that is why Kim Davis went to jail, because she refused to follow the court's instruction, which is ILLEGAL. This is a nation of laws, and refusal to obey must have consequences, if not, then society has no order, and people can just do whatever they want, as long as they can point to their religious views as validation. You do know the fastest growing religiosity group in america is Islam right? So if an american muslim threw acid on your daughter because she was walking to the store in a pair of shorts and a tshirt, he cant be jailed for assault because of his religious views, and Imam fatwahs state this is divinely sanctioned. Should he go to jail? Why or why not? he is just afterall conducting his life in accordance with his religious views. God's court outranks mankind's criminal court right? becareful what you wish for...

A black sitting in the front of the bus when Rosa Parks did it was guess what....ILLEGAL.....so I am not sure how that tidbit makes your claims valid. All the following statements are true.

Rosa Parks disobeyed the law and went to jail for it.
The Clerk disobeyed the law and went to jail for it.
Rosa Parks went to jail for standing up for her beliefs.
The Clerk went to jail for standing up for her beliefs.
09-09-2015, 04:10 PM
(09-09-2015 03:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Also, it's conscience, goddamnit, not "conscious." FFS, go buy an education.

I have an education....which is why I am not the night manager of a gas station.
09-09-2015, 04:12 PM
(09-09-2015 04:08 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Rosa Parks wasn't an elected official who refused to perform her duties due to personal religious views...that is ILLEGAL, and that is why Kim Davis went to jail, because she refused to follow the court's instruction, which is ILLEGAL. This is a nation of laws, and refusal to obey must have consequences, if not, then society has no order, and people can just do whatever they want, as long as they can point to their religious views as validation. You do know the fastest growing religiosity group in america is Islam right? So if an american muslim threw acid on your daughter because she was walking to the store in a pair of shorts and a tshirt, he cant be jailed for assault because of his religious views, and Imam fatwahs state this is divinely sanctioned. Should he go to jail? Why or why not? he is just afterall conducting his life in accordance with his religious views. God's court outranks mankind's criminal court right? becareful what you wish for...

A black sitting in the front of the bus when Rosa Parks did it was guess what....ILLEGAL.....so I am not sure how that tidbit makes your claims valid. All the following statements are true.

Rosa Parks disobeyed the law and went to jail for it.
The Clerk disobeyed the law and went to jail for it.
Rosa Parks went to jail for standing up for her beliefs.
The Clerk went to jail for standing up for her beliefs.

Apples and oranges. Next you gonna compare Rosa parks to jeffrey Dhamer? Both "broke the law"....come on now HB, you are smarter than this. I know you like sparking arguments for arguments sake, but the refusal to perform your sworn duties as an elected public official based on your religious beliefs is something we cannot allow. She went to jail for that refusal, i think she should still be in jail, or kicked to the curb. They didnt kick in the door to her work screaming, "where is the christian!" and haul her off to jail for her beliefs.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-09-2015, 04:40 PM
(09-09-2015 04:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Also, it's conscience, goddamnit, not "conscious." FFS, go buy an education.

I have an education....which is why I am not the night manager of a gas station.

You are, however, a vicious cunt.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-09-2015, 04:46 PM
(09-09-2015 11:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 11:03 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I am not saying her cherry-picked belief system (which she has been called out for) was not what motivated her, however what motivated the court was not that belief but her actions. She has always had many many options other than breaking the law she however has chosen to do just that.

Rosa Parks had other option too other than breaking the law. She could have moved to the back of the bus, she could have gotten off the bus. However she chose to break the law and was jailed for it. The court was motivated to send Parks to jail because she broke the law....not because she was black. You see you can make the same argument you made about the clerk and apply it to Parks just as well.

Now If I were to come on here and claim that Parks skin color had nothing to do with her incarceration, you guys would be breaking my balls....for good reason. The same is true here. This woman was jailed for standing up for her beliefs just as Parks was jailed for standing up for her beliefs.

If you are going to dismiss the beliefs of this woman and hold the other woman's beliefs as relevant, then it is you who are doing the cherry picking.

The cases are not alike - Rosa Parks was not an elected official denying others their rights.

You're a fucking moron.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
09-09-2015, 04:48 PM
(09-09-2015 11:27 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  She wasn't jailed for discriminating. The woman stopped issuing marriage licenses to everyone whether they be gay or straight couples. She was jailed for refusing to follow a court order to start issuing marriage licenses.

Not true. Where do you get your misinformation? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2015, 04:48 PM
(09-09-2015 04:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I have an education..

Preschool does not count.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
09-09-2015, 04:52 PM
(09-09-2015 04:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 11:27 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  She wasn't jailed for discriminating. The woman stopped issuing marriage licenses to everyone whether they be gay or straight couples. She was jailed for refusing to follow a court order to start issuing marriage licenses.

Not true. Where do you get your misinformation? Consider

Not to give him any credit but for a while she did refuse to give licenses to any couple.

Quote:Kim Davis, the clerk in Rowan County, who says her Christian faith bars her from authorizing same-sex marriages, has refused to issue any licenses, either to same-sex or heterosexual couples after the historic ruling in June in the case of Obergefell v. Hodges. She has ignored a direct order from Gov. Steven L. Beshear that she do so.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/us/ken...davis.html

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post