Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(09-09-2015 03:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't have a problem with most of what you wrote above. In fact I have said several times in this thread that first amendment rights do not absolve you from fulfilling your conditions of employment. I only have a problem when you say she wasn't jailed for her religious beliefs.

She wasn't; that would be unconstitutional.

Quote:It is silly to think her religious beliefs didn't play a role here.

Only in her head. It was not a consideration for the court.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-09-2015, 06:24 PM
(09-09-2015 04:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 04:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have an education....which is why I am not the night manager of a gas station.

You are, however, a vicious cunt.

You're right, I should have bit my cheek and just let his crack slide without a response. Instead I lowered myself to his level. Please forgive my moment of weakness.
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2015, 06:59 PM
(09-09-2015 06:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have forgiven 103 unprovoked insults directed at me in this forum.

The insults were provoked by your idiotic posts.
You have forgiven nothing. If you had, you wouldn't by wallowing in your self-righteousness.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-09-2015, 07:27 PM
(09-09-2015 04:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Also, it's conscience, goddamnit, not "conscious." FFS, go buy an education.

I have an education....which is why I am not the night manager of a gas station.

Apparently you're not educated enough to use the language correctly. Must suck to be pulled up by the short hairs by someone so beneath you, eh?

Seriously, if you cannot spell out the concept, how can you expect anyone to think you've given it close consideration? If you cannot even be bothered to cover the details, how many "witty" put-downs online will ameliorate that? ("Ameliorate" means to make better).

Just askin' ... dumbfuck.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
09-09-2015, 07:30 PM
(09-09-2015 04:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 04:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have an education....which is why I am not the night manager of a gas station.

You are, however, a vicious cunt.

He's too dumb to be vicious; that takes conscious thought, a quality he appears to lack.
09-09-2015, 07:37 PM
(09-09-2015 07:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Apparently you're not educated enough to use the language correctly. Must suck to be pulled up by the short hairs by someone so beneath you, eh?

Seriously, if you cannot spell out the concept, how can you expect anyone to think you've given it close consideration? If you cannot even be bothered to cover the details, how many "witty" put-downs online will ameliorate that? ("Ameliorate" means to make better).

I'm sorry I made that dickish comment Thump.
09-09-2015, 07:40 PM
(09-09-2015 06:24 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You're right, I should have bit my cheek and just let his crack slide without a response. Instead I lowered myself to his level. Please forgive my moment of weakness.

I made no "crack". I pointed out that you cannot even spell the key concept of this conversation.

I am all for the freedom of conscience.

Part of that is making sure that government officials do not inject their own religious biases into the process of government. That is what allows everyone to believe and live as they wish, without harming others.

The fact that you're not even familiar with the terminology of the debate undermines your credibility. That's not a "crack" at you; that is fair play.
09-09-2015, 07:41 PM
(09-09-2015 07:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Apparently you're not educated enough to use the language correctly. Must suck to be pulled up by the short hairs by someone so beneath you, eh?

I'm sorry I made that dickish comment Thump.

Your best apology is better behavior going forward. Don't ask for forgiveness ... earn it.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
10-09-2015, 05:40 PM
(09-09-2015 07:41 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 07:37 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm sorry I made that dickish comment Thump.

Your best apology is better behavior going forward. Don't ask for forgiveness ... earn it.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOAH!!!

Did you just ask a Christian...."NOT" to ask for forgiveness?

Laugh out load

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
10-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Ever since this case emerged, I've been so tempted to come hear you all talk about this. But I thought I should stay away from here for my own good, since I usually become emotionally ...I don't know..exhausted when I spend too much time on this site. But I couldn't hold out on reading what all you awesome people have to say. That being said, I might not finish reading this thread until next week. Haha.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post