Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 06:24 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(11-09-2015 11:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, great reading the discussion. Would have been interesting to speak to Tomasia and help in his/her understanding. Jablom is obviously useless in this discussion and doesn't deserve any attention.

When she was jailed I felt the punishment didn't fit the crime, and I imagined she was going to be there a lot longer than she was.

By judging that she spent just a night or so in jail, was released, able to remain a clerk, got her name removed from the license, and still able to maintain her refusal to issue marriage licenses, while not physically preventing others from doing so, I can no longer argue that her punishment didn't fit the crime, if anything I think it might be too lenient.

If everyone else is fine with this, then I'm fine with this as well.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2015, 08:28 AM
(15-09-2015 06:24 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 11:28 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, great reading the discussion. Would have been interesting to speak to Tomasia and help in his/her understanding. Jablom is obviously useless in this discussion and doesn't deserve any attention.

When she was jailed I felt the punishment didn't fit the crime, and I imagined she was going to be there a lot longer than she was.

By judging that she spent just a night or so in jail, was released, able to remain a clerk, got her name removed from the license, and still able to maintain her refusal to issue marriage licenses, while not physically preventing others from doing so, I can no longer argue that her punishment didn't fit the crime, if anything I think it might be too lenient.

If everyone else is fine with this, then I'm fine with this as well.

I'm not, but I have no say. She should have been removed.
15-09-2015, 06:54 PM
(15-09-2015 06:24 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I think you don't understand the US Justice system Tomasia. She committed no crime and received no punishment. She was held in contempt and it's only function is to force compliance with the judge's order. Comply and you're released. There is nothing punitive about it.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post