Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 12:59 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 12:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Even as a government worker?

It's not like she's a cop.

Of course not. But she is a government worker, and "straight" folk (pun happily accidental) aren't really beloved in that milieux, I think.

I could be wrong, hence my question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 01:04 AM
(04-09-2015 01:00 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 12:22 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Even as a government worker?

Prisoners don't hate government workers, just prosecutors/judges and, usually, cops. A surprising number of inmates "get" that cops are "just doing their jobs", and they only hate the crooked ones, while most prosecutors and judges actually bend enough of the law to draw the universal ire of all (including me). There is no fiercer proponent of the law than the criminal, right up to and including the fact that they do not do like in the movie/TV fantasies, and protest their innocence (indeed, those who do are often mocked), but accept it almost as a mark of pride, "Yep, I did it, I got caught, and I'm paying my time."

My experience as a "jailhouse lawyer" was that the Clerks of Court are the only dependable, honest, reliable people in the system, and are completely fair in their dealings with the inmate paperwork which endlessly floats across their desks. I've even had a couple make helpful suggestions, or send me forms which are useful but were not specifically requested, which is beyond their job description. I love clerks of court.

Thanks for the insight.
04-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Quote:Liberty Counsel that represents Kim Davis, said Bunning's decision shows that elected officials no longer have religious liberties in light of the Supreme Court ruling

This is ridiculous. She's not a lawmaker.
They think making elected officials FOLLOW the law is slippery slope? Just imagine what would happen if we let them do whatever they wanted, irregardless of the law, based on whatever they feel like that particular day.
It's so stupid. Fuck that hoe, I hope she gets raped in prison by a bunch of butch lesbians (preferably ones that go on to get married but I wont push it).

[Image: oscar.png]
04-09-2015, 04:34 AM
The impeachment process needs to start now. It's clear that she's not willing to do her job.

I agree with her jail sentence for contempt, but I doubt she's going to feel the impact much. I'd bet she will get much better treatment than other prisoners from sympathizers. I do hope that the prospect of being jailed will deter some of the people who are thinking about following her example, though.
04-09-2015, 04:47 AM
How does anyone support her being jailed? I can understand her being fired for not being willing to fulfill the role her job requires, but being jailed for this?

You really think she should be in jail indefinitely unless she's willing to issue gay marriage licenses?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 04:53 AM
(04-09-2015 04:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  How does anyone support her being jailed? I can understand her being fired for not being willing to fulfill the role her job requires, but being jailed for this?

You really think she should be in jail indefinitely unless she's willing to issue gay marriage licenses?

She was found in contempt of court. That is breaking the law. She swore an oath to carry out the duties of the office she holds. Then she refused to carry out those duties. ..several times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-09-2015, 04:53 AM
Kim Davis and George Wallace can both kiss my ass.

If the bitch wants sympathy - tell her it's in the dictionary -- in between "shit" and "syphilis".

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2015, 04:56 AM
(04-09-2015 04:34 AM)julep Wrote:  The impeachment process needs to start now. It's clear that she's not willing to do her job.

This.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
04-09-2015, 04:57 AM
(04-09-2015 04:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  How does anyone support her being jailed? I can understand her being fired for not being willing to fulfill the role her job requires, but being jailed for this?

An NPR story I heard yesterday said that the judge felt that fining her wouldn't be appropriate--possibly because she could use donated money for the fines or refuse to pay them somehow? (I'm not sure). The judge's other option was jail, so that was the one used.

She can't be fired; she has to be impeached. She has also forbidden other clerks in her office from issuing marriage licenses, so she is not just exercising her personal conscience, she is requiring her employees to break the law also.
04-09-2015, 05:02 AM
(04-09-2015 04:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

She was found in contempt of court. That is breaking the law. She swore an oath to carry out the duties of the office she holds. Then she refused to carry out those duties. ..several times.

Did she swear an oath to support obligations that negate her religious and moral conscious?

Even in the military, if you somehow become a conscious objector while serving you get kicked out, not thrown in military jail.

How the hell can anyone support this lady being in jail? And the attitude of wishing that the worst happens to her in there?

They avoided fining her because they knew she was going to be able to raise funds. It's insane that anyone supports this lady being in jail.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."