Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 06:09 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 04:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  How does anyone support her being jailed? I can understand her being fired for not being willing to fulfill the role her job requires, but being jailed for this?

You really think she should be in jail indefinitely unless she's willing to issue gay marriage licenses?

She's an elected official, so a prompt firing is not possible; it would require impeachment or recall.

So, yes, she should be jailed for not carrying out her sworn duties and denying the legal rights of others.

Her argument is specious; God is not the issuing authority, she is not the issuing authority, the state is the issuing authority. It is her job to follow the law.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-09-2015, 06:09 AM
(04-09-2015 05:59 AM)julep Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 05:13 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  She forbids them from doing so because her name in on the licenses. But has she physically forbidden them? Has she physically assaulted them, or physically prevented them from getting the licenses and issuing them themselves? If so that it would be a case of assaulting her employees. Than she would be fired.

The thing being penalized is her conscious.

They could easily say that it doesn't matter if she forbids it or not, her employees would still issues the licenses regardless of her consent on the matter. And if she physically tries to prevent them from doing so, than she would be fired.
(and I hope her clerks do ignore her coercion and issue the licenses anyway).
They have said they are going to do just that. They don't even support this crazy bitch.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
04-09-2015, 06:14 AM
(04-09-2015 05:46 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 05:32 AM)Nurse Wrote:  She was well aware of her duties and what would lead to her arrest. Certain jobs come with specific responsibilities in the eyes of the law. I understood when I signed up to be a nurse that I would have moral objections to some of my patients' and families' beliefs. Let's say I refuse to take care of a patient after finding out their background, and I abandon them - I go to jail for that. If I abandon my post for *any* reason without someone to take over, I go to jail. She had an obligation to the citizens of her county and she failed them.

If she can't perform her duties, she should step down from her position. She had that option, refused a court order, and now is suffering the consequences of her actions - or really, her intentional lack of action. She had a court mandate. I don't feel sorry for her one bit.

Do I wish harm on her while she's sitting in cell? No. Am I going to lose sleep over it something happens? Not really.

The only crime she committed is a refusal to sign a damn piece of paper. And not endorsing others who hand a paper with her name on it out.

There nothing in here warranting her going to jail. The law is one being made up as we go alone, the fact that her refusal to sign these licenses is not fireable offense, speaks volumes for this.

She denied people their legal rights. That deserves jail.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-09-2015, 06:35 AM
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Her argument is specious; God is not the issuing authority, she is not the issuing authority, the state is the issuing authority. It is her job to follow the law.

No that's not a specious argument at all. Moral and Religious Conscious, even when I served in the military, God, Country Corps was on the cards new recruits received. If some one who signed up for the military and became a conscious objector, or felt a moral obligations that prevented him from being able to kill another man. He wasn't jailed for this, though he signed a contract to serve. He was released from his military obligations.

My moral obligations supersede any obligation to a state or a country. I wouldn't just stand by and follow a law, that requires that I violate my moral obligations. And I doubt any of you would either.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2015, 06:39 AM
(04-09-2015 06:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Her argument is specious; God is not the issuing authority, she is not the issuing authority, the state is the issuing authority. It is her job to follow the law.

No that's not a specious argument at all. Moral and Religious Conscious, even when I served in the military, God, Country Corps was on the cards new recruits received. If some one who signed up for the military and became a conscious objector, or felt a moral obligations that prevented him from being able to kill another man. He wasn't jailed for this, though he signed a contract to serve. He was released from his military obligations.

My moral obligations supersede any obligation to a state or a country. I wouldn't just stand by and follow a law, that requires that I violate my moral obligations. And I doubt any of you would either.

And that is your choice, but don't bitch about the consequences. . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
04-09-2015, 06:39 AM
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  They have said they are going to do just that. They don't even support this crazy bitch.

So if license are going to be issued anyway, regardless of her religious and moral opposition to it, why does she deserve to be jailed?

Does anywhere think removing her from her position, her losing her job, would have been a more warranted punishment than jail time?

If you were a clerk who issues gun licenses for the state. And perhaps while you were employed you had a family member who was shot. Do you deserve jail time for refusing to issue gun licenses? (In the case you'd be violating a similar obligation as the lady refused to violate).

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 06:41 AM
(04-09-2015 06:39 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  They have said they are going to do just that. They don't even support this crazy bitch.

So if license are going to be issued anyway, regardless of her religious and moral opposition to it, why does she deserve to be jailed?

Does anywhere think removing her from her position, her losing her job, would have been a more warranted punishment than jail time?

Because that shit wouldn't of happened if she wasn't jailed. As long as she's present she can continue to bully her subordinates

04-09-2015, 06:45 AM
(04-09-2015 06:39 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  And that is your choice, but don't bitch about the consequences. . .

The consequence here would have been being released from service in the military, not jail time. If the lady was released from her job, for refusing to sign marriage licenses, that understandable, not jail time. And especially not the particular sort of nasty sentiment in which folks wish bodily harm on her.

Any one declaring that this a case where "love wins" has deluded themselves, this is case were personal resentment wins.

04-09-2015, 06:47 AM
(04-09-2015 06:41 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Because that shit wouldn't of happened if she wasn't jailed. As long as she's present she can continue to bully her subordinates

It would have happened if she was bullying her subordinates. It would happened if she physically assaulted them, verbally abused them, etc.., just like in any other profession.

04-09-2015, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 07:05 AM by epronovost.)
(04-09-2015 06:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Your moral obligation would indeed supersede any law of a state or country, but you would have to live with the consequences. She was ordered to resign. She refused and kept on doing illegal actions. In such a situation, you got to crank the consequences up. You can't refuse the obvious consequences without facing a larger one.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post