Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 07:02 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 06:47 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:41 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  Because that shit wouldn't of happened if she wasn't jailed. As long as she's present she can continue to bully her subordinates

It would have happened if she was bullying her subordinates. It would happened if she physically assaulted them, verbally abused them, etc.., just like in any other profession.

O'rlly, the why didn't they while she was there?

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 07:21 AM
(04-09-2015 06:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Her argument is specious; God is not the issuing authority, she is not the issuing authority, the state is the issuing authority. It is her job to follow the law.

No that's not a specious argument at all. Moral and Religious Conscious, even when I served in the military, God, Country Corps was on the cards new recruits received. If some one who signed up for the military and became a conscious objector, or felt a moral obligations that prevented him from being able to kill another man. He wasn't jailed for this, though he signed a contract to serve. He was released from his military obligations.

My moral obligations supersede any obligation to a state or a country. I wouldn't just stand by and follow a law, that requires that I violate my moral obligations. And I doubt any of you would either.

This passage alone dissolves her case:

Quote: Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
04-09-2015, 07:27 AM
(04-09-2015 07:21 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This passage alone dissolves her case:

Quote: Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

What, like you'd expect a hollier-than-thou bigoted Christian to have actually read their Bible? This is 'Merica, where ignorance is a virtue! Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-09-2015, 07:36 AM
(04-09-2015 07:21 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This passage alone dissolves her case:

[quote] Romans 13

And this passage absolves her case: "“We must obey God rather than men." (ACTS 5)

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 07:38 AM
(04-09-2015 06:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Her argument is specious; God is not the issuing authority, she is not the issuing authority, the state is the issuing authority. It is her job to follow the law.

No that's not a specious argument at all. Moral and Religious Conscious, even when I served in the military, God, Country Corps was on the cards new recruits received. If some one who signed up for the military and became a conscious objector, or felt a moral obligations that prevented him from being able to kill another man. He wasn't jailed for this, though he signed a contract to serve. He was released from his military obligations.

My moral obligations supersede any obligation to a state or a country. I wouldn't just stand by and follow a law, that requires that I violate my moral obligations. And I doubt any of you would either.

Some folks may be lucky, but that's not often the case of conscious objectors in the US military. Often they are harassed or go through attempted trails or punishments from superiors before they are given a chance to say they do officially qualify for being released.

If you wouldn't violate your moral obligations you should stand down. She is in a spot that it wouldn't be a struggle like in the military where it often can be. She can't be simply removed from her job as if she was a private citizen so yes this is the case. It'd be preferably in this case she decided to not go to jail but to comply or resign.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-09-2015, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 07:46 AM by Tomasia.)
What's interesting in this case is the sentiment in regards to jail time, rather being seen as corrective is punitive. A punishment for her defience. I doubt anyone really believes that prison would break her will. Perhaps if she was assaulted or raped in prison it would?

That's the point right? A fine has proven not to be effective in breaking this will. Perhaps prison time would? If not prison time, than being raped and assaulted in prison would?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 07:43 AM
(04-09-2015 07:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  She can't be simply removed from her job as if she was a private citizen so yes this is the case.

And you don't think that's silly?

That a situation that doesn't warrant removing her from her job, warrants prison time instead?

04-09-2015, 07:48 AM
(04-09-2015 07:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 07:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  She can't be simply removed from her job as if she was a private citizen so yes this is the case.

That a situation that doesn't warrant removing her from her job, warrants prison time instead?

The proper legal procedure is what causes that because of the manner of how government jobs are established.

Why is that silly?

Quote: That's the point right? A fine has proven not to be effective in breaking this will. Perhaps prison time would? If not prison time, than being raped and assaulted in prison would?
Umm.. no.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-09-2015, 07:48 AM

Do you know what happens when you take an oath to tell the truth in court and lie? That's called perjury and is a crime that can come with jail time. Same idea here, she is an elected official so she took an oath to do her job and she failed to do so many times even after the supreme court told her to do so, she broke her oath, she broke the law and when you break the law you go to jail. Really is not hard to understand so idk why you can't.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
04-09-2015, 07:53 AM

It does warrant her removal, but the legal process is not the same for her because she is an elected official. Since her willful disobedience is disrupting the lives of others with a legal right, jail was a much needed solution to rectify that negative impact instead of dragging out a lengthy process that doesn't help the victims of her ignorance and bigotry

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user