Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 07:56 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 07:36 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  And this passage absolves her case: "“We must obey God rather than men." (ACTS 5)

Wait..........Did you just point out a contradiction in the BIBLE????!!!!! Well, I will take the theist route and simply ignore what you said seeing as you completely took it out of context. Drinking Beverage

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
04-09-2015, 07:59 AM
(04-09-2015 07:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Do you know what happens when you take an oath to tell the truth in court and lie? That's called perjury and is a crime that can come with jail time. Same idea here, she is an elected official so she took an oath to do her job and she failed to do so many times even after the supreme court told her to do so, she broke her oath, she broke the law and when you break the law you go to jail. Really is not hard to understand so idk why you can't.

Yet, her son, whose also another deputy clerk, Nathan Davis, who said he would not issue licenses didn't face any penalties, by the same Judge. And Civil Contempt is murky area, there's nothing clear cut about it. But what is known is that judge went well beyond what the couple that sued her wanted. The lawyers only asked for fines. *

He wanted to break her will. Knowing full well that a fine wouldn't do that. Prison time was the next option. And if that doesn't do it, some people think that violence and rape in prison will.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/04/us/kim...v=top-news

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 08:02 AM
(04-09-2015 07:59 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 07:48 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Do you know what happens when you take an oath to tell the truth in court and lie? That's called perjury and is a crime that can come with jail time. Same idea here, she is an elected official so she took an oath to do her job and she failed to do so many times even after the supreme court told her to do so, she broke her oath, she broke the law and when you break the law you go to jail. Really is not hard to understand so idk why you can't.

Yet, her son, whose also another deputy clerk, Nathan Davis, who said he would not issue licenses didn't face any penalties, by the same Judge.

And Civil Contempt is murky area, there's nothing clear cut about it. But what is known is that judge went well beyond what the couple that sued her wanted. The lawyers only asked for fines.

He wanted to break her will. Knowing full well that a fine wouldn't do that. Prison time was the next option. And if that doesn't do it, some people think that violence and rape in prison will.

Her son did not face jail time because the Judge knew her other deputies would provide the licenses so there would be no issues. If the son were to take over and do the same as her mother and not let the others give out the licenses then he would face the same thing as his mother. The Judge is not trying to "break her will", he is upholding the law as that is his job.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-09-2015, 08:04 AM
(04-09-2015 05:46 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  The only crime she committed is a refusal to sign a damn piece of paper. And not endorsing others who hand a paper with her name on it out.

I like this. Can we ridiculously oversimplify actions for other jobs, too?

"Why is everyone getting so pissed at that firefighter? All he did was refuse to turn on a hose, my god!"

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 4 users Like CleverUsername's post
04-09-2015, 08:07 AM
(04-09-2015 07:53 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  It does warrant her removal, but the legal process is not the same for her because she is an elected official. Since her willful disobedience is disrupting the lives of others with a legal right, jail was a much needed solution to rectify that negative impact instead of dragging out a lengthy process that doesn't help the victims of her ignorance and bigotry

If you think her jail time rectifying the negative impact or solves a problem you're kidding yourself. It only exacerbates the problem. Making her a martyr, for a religious folks who lionize their martyrs, is never going to be a net positive.

Without prison time we might have been able to see that she wasn't of a pristine character, but now she can be nothing less than a saint.

"Some advocates for gay rights quickly expressed concern that Ms. Davis’s jailing would make her a sympathetic figure to religious conservatives and prompt lawmakers in Kentucky and elsewhere to push for new laws carving out exemptions for public officials who oppose same-sex marriage. But they also described Ms. Davis as an outlier. “I think this is a tempest in a teapot,” said Marc Solomon, national campaign director of Freedom to Marry, which was active in the push for same-sex marriages to be recognized."

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Dear Tommy, please explain why you think you're qualified to judge whether or not she should go to jail? How did you decide that people were 'making things up as they go along' as you have repeatedly stated? Also why do you think she should not be required to follow the law, when every other person is?

Bloody Christees. Moaning about being forced to obey the law now Rolleyes Sweet fuck, what next?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-09-2015, 08:11 AM
(04-09-2015 08:07 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 07:53 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  It does warrant her removal, but the legal process is not the same for her because she is an elected official. Since her willful disobedience is disrupting the lives of others with a legal right, jail was a much needed solution to rectify that negative impact instead of dragging out a lengthy process that doesn't help the victims of her ignorance and bigotry

If you think her jail time rectifying the negative impact or solves a problem you're kidding yourself. It only exacerbates the problem. Making her a martyr, for a religious folks who lionize their martyrs, is never going to be a net positive.

Without prison time we might have been able to see that she wasn't of a pristine character, but now she can be nothing less than a saint.

This shows you have not read this thread, please go to page 1 when Revenant mentions why she is not a martyr and my link which backs him up.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
04-09-2015, 08:12 AM
(04-09-2015 08:07 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  

"Some advocates for gay rights quickly expressed concern that Ms. Davis’s jailing would make her a sympathetic figure to religious conservatives and prompt lawmakers in Kentucky and elsewhere to push for new laws carving out exemptions for public officials who oppose same-sex marriage. But they also described Ms. Davis as an outlier. “I think this is a tempest in a teapot,” said Marc Solomon, national campaign director of Freedom to Marry, which was active in the push for same-sex marriages to be recognized."

Who is this we and alteration. It's not a long term solving of the problem and it's clear. The building the path to the procedure to be able to remove her from office is what will be the solution. It's still a prolonged system.

Maybe the next step is to make a Luminion type case about the violence of the government.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-09-2015, 08:15 AM
(04-09-2015 08:11 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:07 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If you think her jail time rectifying the negative impact or solves a problem you're kidding yourself. It only exacerbates the problem. Making her a martyr, for a religious folks who lionize their martyrs, is never going to be a net positive.

This shows you have not read this thread, please go to page 1 when Revenant mentions why she is not a martyr and my link which backs him up.

Tommy's changed tactics now. After futilely trying to argue that she doesn't deserve jail, he's now arguing that sending her to jail is bad from the point of view of *creating* a martyr. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-09-2015, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 08:20 AM by Tomasia.)
(04-09-2015 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dear Tommy, please explain why you think you're qualified to judge whether or not she should go to jail? How did you decide that people were 'making things up as they go along' as you have repeatedly stated? Also why do you think she should not be required to follow the law, when every other person is?

Find me the exact law she broke as a clerk?

She didn't break any laws by refusing to sign marriage licenses.

The only law she broke was defying the judges order, that she change her conscious.