Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2015, 08:19 AM
RE: Kentucky gay marriage license hold out jailed!
(04-09-2015 08:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tommy's changed tactics now. After futilely trying to argue that she doesn't deserve jail, he's now arguing that sending her to jail is bad from the point of view of *creating* a martyr. Dodgy

No, She doesn't deserve jail time, whether or not she was gonna become a martyr. But her becoming martyr, is not gonna particularly help any cause, but set it back a bit.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2015, 08:20 AM
(04-09-2015 08:17 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dear Tommy, please explain why you think you're qualified to judge whether or not she should go to jail? How did you decide that people were 'making things up as they go along' as you have repeatedly stated? Also why do you think she should not be required to follow the law, when every other person is?

Find me the exact law she broke as a clerk?

She didn't break any laws by refusing to sign marriage licenses.

The only law she broke was defying the judges order, that she change her conscious.

I'm not a lawyer, you idiot. You clearly must be, since you clearly know better than a judge who spent time evaluating her case. Why don't you write to the judge and point out to him his error, since her fate concerns you so much?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-09-2015, 08:22 AM
(04-09-2015 08:19 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, She doesn't deserve jail time, whether or not she was gonna become a martyr. But her becoming martyr, is not gonna particularly help any cause, but set it back a bit.

Ah, more expert legal testimony from Tommy Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-09-2015, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 08:53 AM by Tomasia.)
(04-09-2015 08:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm not a lawyer, you idiot. You clearly must be, since you clearly know better than a judge who spent time evaluating her case. Why don't you write to the judge and point out to him his error, since her fate concerns you so much?

I know man, we should avoid speaking of unjust court decisions, unless we're lawyers and judges.

Next time the Iranians execute an atheist, I'll remember that.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
04-09-2015, 08:29 AM
(04-09-2015 08:25 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 08:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm not a lawyer, you idiot. You clearly must be, since you clearly know better than a judge who spent time evaluating her case. Why don't you write to the judge and point out to him his error, since her fate concerns you so much?

I know man, we should avoid speaking of unjust court decisions, unless we're lawyers and judges.

Rolleyes You've just repeatedly stated that it was unjust and the laws were made up. You haven't stated a reason why. You just dislike the decision. Boohoo for you.

Also, yeah, you can discuss it all the fuck you want. You can say "I think it was unjust", but you're right there saying "She doesn't deserve to go to jail" Full stop. I Tomasia have evaluated this case and I find the defendant not guilty. Fuck due legal process, fuck applying the law consistently to everyone. Purely by my feels I have decided.

When asked to back up your feels you retreat to this ridiculous posturing.

04-09-2015, 08:32 AM
(04-09-2015 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  Dear Tommy, please explain why you think you're qualified to judge whether or not she should go to jail? How did you decide that people were 'making things up as they go along' as you have repeatedly stated? Also why do you think she should not be required to follow the law, when every other person is?

The only law she broke was defying the judges order, that she change her conscious.

She defied the Constitution, Article I Establishment Clause, government is not allowed to establish a single religion. As an elected official she is representing the government and because of that she cannot be biased based on her religion, by denying gay marriage licenses because of her religious beliefs, she is establishing a religion for the government which is illegal.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
04-09-2015, 08:33 AM
(04-09-2015 06:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Her argument is specious; God is not the issuing authority, she is not the issuing authority, the state is the issuing authority. It is her job to follow the law.

No that's not a specious argument at all. Moral and Religious Conscious, even when I served in the military, God, Country Corps was on the cards new recruits received. If some one who signed up for the military and became a conscious objector, or felt a moral obligations that prevented him from being able to kill another man. He wasn't jailed for this, though he signed a contract to serve. He was released from his military obligations.

My moral obligations supersede any obligation to a state or a country. I wouldn't just stand by and follow a law, that requires that I violate my moral obligations. And I doubt any of you would either.

Since she can't simply be dismissed, then her only honorable choice is to resign. She won't.
She is breaking the law and denying others their rights. She belongs in jail.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-09-2015, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2015 08:40 AM by The Organic Chemist.)

This is called contempt you retard. You answered your own question. Facepalm As a clerk, she was in contempt of court.

Edit: Oh and to answer your question, the Supreme Court ruled in Obergefell v. Hodges that gay marriage is protected by the 14 Amendment.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
04-09-2015, 08:45 AM
(04-09-2015 07:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 07:38 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  She can't be simply removed from her job as if she was a private citizen so yes this is the case.

And you don't think that's silly?

That a situation that doesn't warrant removing her from her job, warrants prison time instead?

She was jailed for contempt of court.

04-09-2015, 08:47 AM

The Supreme Court decision and her oath of office.

Quote:She didn't break any laws by refusing to sign marriage licenses.

The Supreme Court decision and her oath of office.

Quote:The only law she broke was defying the judges order, that she change her conscious.

Yes, she is in jail for contempt of court. Your point?

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post