Kentucky gov says cut education, give tax breaks to religious park

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Kentucky gov says cut education, give tax breaks to religious park
And people wonder why atheists get pissed off when religion rears its ugly head in politics.

Quote:In one of the most spectacularly mis-prioritized state budgets in recent memory, Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear (D), is suggesting over $50 million in cuts to education – while preserving $43 million in tax breaks for the Ark Encounter, a creationist amusement park centered around a life-sized Noah’s Ark. The park is sponsored by Answers In Genesis, a non-profit organization that promotes a “literalist” interpretation of the Book of Genesis while promoting an anti-evolution (and other sciences) agenda.

[...]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/20...heme-park/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Kentucky gov says cut education, give tax breaks to religious park
I read about this the other day. 40 million for a creationist theme park?

facepalm.jpg

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
26-01-2012, 03:56 PM
[Image: excuse%2Bme%2Bwtf%2Br%2Bu%2Bdoin%2Bdinosaur.jpg]

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
26-01-2012, 06:14 PM
How people like this get into positions of power is beyond me.
26-01-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm all for it, I mean imagine how fun creation amusement park would be. Not like anyone who believes in creation is likely to crack their school books anyways. Might as well spend the money on giant boat rides. Makes sense to me.
Besides what would you rather have, kids who are always asking you questions and eventually getting smarter than us or, kids who will never be smarter than us thereby making them easier to make slaves. Sure itll be a hassle always having to tie their shoes and wipe their bums all the time... But... I am so sad for the world.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
26-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm guessing that guy's gonna get another term. The creationist museum has been so successful that by now I'm sure enough voters really wanna see more creationism things. Congratulations Kentucky soon you may be up to alabama religious.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-01-2012, 07:31 PM
(26-01-2012 06:45 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm guessing that guy's gonna get another term. The creationist museum has been so successful that by now I'm sure enough voters really wanna see more creationism things. Congratulations Kentucky soon you may be up to alabama religious.

He won another term this last November.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
26-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Yew haw I'm guessing the exact moment the world achieved brain death!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison