Kentucky, impeach this damn bitch ... NOW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: Kentucky, impeach this damn bitch ... NOW
Kim's right; as an elected official, it's much easier to incarcerate her than to fire her.

Seems like the only option she's left us with... go on, lady, keep ignoring a judicial order!

I think the only reason she isn't already locked up by the feds is because they know it'd create a martyr. "Oooh! The oppressive Obama administration! Oooh! The war on Christians!"

Rolleyes

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
02-09-2015, 12:55 PM
I was thinking the other day... If she were a muslim doing something like this for a religious reason, a christian probably would have shot her by now.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
02-09-2015, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 05:50 PM by OceanTherapist.)
I think this lady needs to pick up her bible and read the first verses of Romans 13.
[+] 1 user Likes OceanTherapist's post
02-09-2015, 04:21 PM
(02-09-2015 12:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  I was thinking the other day... If she were a muslim doing something like this for a religious reason, a christian probably would have shot her by now.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Someone should make a protest sign with that written on it in BIG fuckin letters.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-09-2015, 04:36 PM
[Image: 0800082fdaf9477be3a3e45cd26b84ff.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-09-2015, 04:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 04:56 PM by Anjele.)
So much win!

The sanctity of marriage my ass.

Fucking hypocrite.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/politics/k...-marriage/

(CNN)The Kentucky county clerk who has refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses for religious reasons despite a Supreme Court ruling has been divorced three times, according to court documents.

A federal judge will hold a hearing Thursday to consider a contempt of court motion filed against Kim Davis, the Rowan County clerk who has drawn national attention.

The motion comes after the Supreme Court ruled against Davis earlier in the week in her attempt to deny issuing the licenses while she seeks to appeal her case based on religious objections.

Davis is expected to be present at Thursday's hearing as well as each of her deputy clerks.

In a statement released Tuesday, Davis said she has received death threats but intends to continue to serve as the county clerk.

The American Civil Liberties Union, representing two same-sex and two opposite-sex couples wanting to get married in Rowan County, says Davis has no legal basis to avoid performing her duties as government clerk.

"The law is clear and the courts have spoken," said Steven R. Shapiro, legal director of the ACLU. "The duty of public officials is to enforce the law, not place themselves above it," he said.

In her statement, Davis outlined why she continues to resist. She said that four years ago she turned to the church after the death of her mother-in-law, "and heard a message of grace and forgiveness." She said she surrendered her life to Jesus Christ.

"I am not perfect," she said in the statement. "No one is. But I am forgiven."

She added, "To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience."

Court documents reveal that Davis herself had been divorced three times. Her last divorce was granted in October 2008 for a marriage that lasted little over a year.

"She testified pretty clearly that she's never asked anyone about their marriage past before issuing a marriage license," said Roger Gannam, Davis' attorney. "Her objection is calling a same-sex relationship a marriage."

In his Aug. 12 opinion, U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning said the state was not asking Davis to condone same-sex unions on religious grounds. He said she was "simply being asked to signify that couples meet the legal requirements to marry. "

"She may continue to attend church twice a week, participate in Bible study and minister to female inmates at the Rowan County Jail," Bunning said in the opinion. But he said her religious convictions cannot "excuse her from performing the duties that she took an oath to perform as Rowan County Clerk."

Wednesday afternoon, Mike Huckabee, who hopes to secure the Republican nomination for president in large part by appealing to the GOP's evangelical voters, spoke with Davis over the phone, he said in a statement issued by his campaign.

"I let her know how proud I am of her for not abandoning her religious convictions and standing strong for religious liberty. She is showing more courage and humility than just about any federal office holder in Washington," Huckabee said.

And -

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national...-1.2345036

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Kentucky clerk unknowingly issued marriage license to transgender man

Quote:A transgender man and his wife were issued a marriage license in February by the Kentucky county clerk who, in defiance of a US supreme court order, cited “God’s authority” this week as reason to deny paperwork to same-sex couples.

Related: Kentucky clerk denying licenses to gay couples has married four times

On 26 February, Camryn Colen, a transgender man, and his wife, Alexis, went to Kim Davis’s office to obtain a marriage license. The clerk’s office didn’t ask to see Camryn’s birth certificate, which identifies him as female.

“She took me at face value and judged a book by its cover,” said Camryn, 30, of Davis. “She shouldn’t do that; she should just see two people in love and grant them the ability to get married.”

Camryn and Alexis, 21, married hours after receiving the license – a decision that has since left a “bittersweet” taste in light of Davis’ decision to buck a supreme court order and outright refuse to issue marriage licenses.

Camryn said he doesn’t want it to appear like the couple is “shoving” their license in the faces of others who have yet to receive their own.

“That’s far from what we’re trying to do … I wish we could be on their side fighting for ours, just like they are,” Camryn told the Guardian. “I kind of wish we would’ve waited, but we didn’t know, of course, this was going to happen.” The couple’s story was first reported last week by the Trail Blazer, the student newspaper at Morehead State University.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-09-2015, 06:03 PM
(02-09-2015 04:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  "I let her know how proud I am of her for not abandoning her religious convictions and standing strong for religious liberty. She is showing more courage and humility than just about any federal office holder in Washington," Huckabee said.

Well no fucking duh Fuckabee. You know why that is? Because when we were hired we took an oath of office where we swore to uphold the Constitution and the law and if we fail to perform our duties because we feel religious beliefs trump the law WE LOSE OUR FUCKING JOBS. Goddam Fucking FuckADuck.

#sigh
02-09-2015, 06:16 PM
(02-09-2015 12:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  I was thinking the other day... If she were a muslim doing something like this for a religious reason, a christian probably would have shot her by now.

That is what I was thinking about.
She is wrong. She can't force her believes on others.
She has to do her job or quit.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 7 users Like Alla's post
02-09-2015, 06:21 PM
She said she does this by God's authority. That is not true. If she had authority she had at least to claim that she is a priest. Priests are the ones who have authority from God.
Second, God doesn't get involved in men's government business and laws.
Third, she forgot that God(Jesus) was teaching to obey laws of the government: give to Cesar(government) what is Cesar's. Obey the laws of Cesar(government)

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 2 users Like Alla's post