Kentucky, impeach this damn bitch ... NOW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: Kentucky, impeach this damn bitch ... NOW
On my way back from meeting with one of my suppliers in Cape (and do a little shopping for frames and engines), I listened to a Christian talk show whining about this. They apparently don't have a good grasp of how the law actually works, kept talking about state's rights to define marriage, and of course persecution of the Christian faith.

None of their arguments made logical sense. Worse, every single one of their arguments applied equally to the Loving v. Virginia case in which the SCt said that you couldn't prohibit mixed-race couples from having equal access to the state-defined institution of marriage. I wanted so badly to call the show and try to explain it to them, but of course it would be pointless.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-09-2015, 04:31 PM
(03-09-2015 01:14 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  On my way back from meeting with one of my suppliers in Cape (and do a little shopping for frames and engines), I listened to a Christian talk show whining about this. They apparently don't have a good grasp of how the law actually works, kept talking about state's rights to define marriage, and of course persecution of the Christian faith.

None of their arguments made logical sense. Worse, every single one of their arguments applied equally to the Loving v. Virginia case in which the SCt said that you couldn't prohibit mixed-race couples from having equal access to the state-defined institution of marriage. I wanted so badly to call the show and try to explain it to them, but of course it would be pointless.

Looks like Time magazine picked up on that too...

http://time.com/4018494/kentucky-marriag...-virginia/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
03-09-2015, 05:58 PM
Thanks Ghostexorcist (I really have to resist the urge to call you "Ghostie", for Ghost-E), I appreciate that find!

I posted it to my Facebook, for what it's worth to the family members whom I know listen to that conservative radio stuff... the reason I "scan button" through it to see if they're just talking religion or if they're drifting over into social or political arenas that my family are then going to repeat to me like I don't know the source of their "new" and "brilliant" BS arguments.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
04-09-2015, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 09:55 AM by Commonsensei.)
I just got out of a short dispute with some coworkers over this. I of course the only Atheist in the group. They where saying how her rights were striped of her and she was doing the right thing. I said she broke the law she got what she deserved. I reminded them of the constitutional right of separation of church and state. Nothing is higher then gods law they stated. I went on to tell them this woman had been remarried 4 times. So I don't think she hold a position sanctity of marriage. They just got up and walked away. My blood is still boiling.

I was ready for a fight. Asking them how they pick and choose what laws should be enforced as they ate their ham breakfast. Or one of them being a woman should be talking to a man, and should hold a position of authority. One of them goes lobster and crab hunter every summer.

GAWH.. I'm so angry!

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
04-09-2015, 11:37 AM
(04-09-2015 11:02 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I just got out of a short dispute with some coworkers over this. I of course the only Atheist in the group. They where saying how her rights were striped of her and she was doing the right thing. I said she broke the law she got what she deserved. I reminded them of the constitutional right of separation of church and state. Nothing is higher then gods law they stated. I when on to tell them this woman had been remarried 4 times. So I don't think she hold a position sanctity of marriage. They just got up and walked away. My blood is still boiling.

I was ready for a fight. Asking them how they pick and choose what laws should be enforced as they ate their ham breakfast. Or one of them being a woman should be talking to a man, and should hold a position of authority. One of them goes lobster and crab hunter every summer.

GAWH.. I'm so angry!

She has, in the actions she's taken, established a government religion. She can have her beliefs but she CANNOT use her governmental office to force her religious beliefs on others.

Fire her!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-09-2015, 12:03 PM
[Image: Screen-shot-2015-09-02-at-2.49.37-PM-360x294.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
04-09-2015, 04:14 PM
(04-09-2015 11:37 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 11:02 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I just got out of a short dispute with some coworkers over this. I of course the only Atheist in the group. They where saying how her rights were striped of her and she was doing the right thing. I said she broke the law she got what she deserved. I reminded them of the constitutional right of separation of church and state. Nothing is higher then gods law they stated. I when on to tell them this woman had been remarried 4 times. So I don't think she hold a position sanctity of marriage. They just got up and walked away. My blood is still boiling.

GAWH.. I'm so angry!

She has, in the actions she's taken, established a government religion. She can have her beliefs but she CANNOT use her governmental office to force her religious beliefs on others.

Fire her!

Agreed. Let's see how long that takes. It's probably going to take years for this whole thing to settle out, just like in Loving vs Virgina (meaning that any couple can get a marriage license. It took years before the last of the blue laws concerning interracial marriage were stricken).
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
05-09-2015, 06:16 PM
So, she is in jail. I feel bad that it had to come to this. But( big but) she is still wrong.
Sometimes we are forced to do things we don't want to do. When we are forced we do NOT betray ourselves, our conscience, our believes.
Now, she is forced to do what she doesn't want to do. She has to do her job. She has to obey the law of the land.
If only she asked God she would know by the power of the Holy Ghost that God doesn't hold us accountable when we are forced to do what is against His will.
God does NOT want us to force our faith on anybody. It is wrong thing to do.
P.S.Our society is divided on moral issues as never before. The gap is too wide. I believe it will be even worse.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
05-09-2015, 06:27 PM
(05-09-2015 06:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, she is in jail. I feel bad that it had to come to this. But( big but) she is still wrong.
Sometimes we are forced to do things we don't want to do. When we are forced we do NOT betray ourselves, our conscience, our believes.
Now, she is forced to do what she doesn't want to do. She has to do her job. She has to obey the law of the land.
If only she asked God she would know by the power of the Holy Ghost that God doesn't hold us accountable when we are forced to do what is against His will.
God does NOT want us to force our faith on anybody. It is wrong thing to do.
P.S.Our society is divided on moral issues as never before. The gap is too wide. I believe it will be even worse.

Kind of like Germans cooperating with Hitler ? God was OK with that, according to you. Consider
She thinks she is doing her god's will, and she knows that just as surely as you think your opinion is what your god thinks. You are no different. Every believer thinks they god is the true god.

BTW, it's "beliefs" not believes.

We don't need your sermons.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
05-09-2015, 06:47 PM
(05-09-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Kind of like Germans cooperating with Hitler ? God was OK with that, according to you. Consider
I assume that some of them were cooperating with Hitler because they believed what Hitler believed.
I assume some of them cooperating with Hitler because they didn't want to be killed by Hitler. They didn't want their children to be killed by Hitler. They were doing something against their will.
(05-09-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  She thinks she is doing her god's will,
We don't know what she really thinks. But we know what she says.
(05-09-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  and she knows that just as surely as you think your opinion is what your god thinks.
We don't what is in her head and what is in her heart. We only know what she claims.
(05-09-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You are no different. Every believer thinks they god is the true god.
I don't know what every believer thinks. I only know what I think.
(05-09-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, it's "beliefs" not believes.
thank you for letting me know. I will remember.
(05-09-2015 06:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  We don't need your sermons.
who is "we", your Highness? Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED