Kentucky last abortion clinic fate on the balance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Kentucky last abortion clinic is currently before the court to defend itself against abusive regulations that would see it closed. Kentucky would become the first State without any abortion services and create a dangerous precedent that could spread to other States where abortion is in danger of becoming de facto illegal. To me, this proves that electing Far-Right conservatives is dangerous for the civil liberties of women. I hope they win their case, remain open and prevent the dismantling of the right to abortion in many part of the US. As long as women won't have absolute control over the size of their families and their body, they will never be able to be equals and that's the very concept Far-Right conservatives are attempting to destroy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-kentu...SKCN1BH17P

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like epronovost's post
06-09-2017, 02:58 PM
And this is why I feel mostly contempt in regard to right wingers.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
06-09-2017, 03:34 PM
RE: Kentucky last abortion clinic fate on the balance
Similar regs were struck down in Texas. They will lose in SCOTUS.
This idiot governor thinks he can impose his religious views on the people of his state.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-09-2017, 04:52 PM
I wonder why people keep electing conservatives to office then? According to polls, almost 60% of people think abortion should be legal. Yet the party that supports abortion has lost 1,000 legislative seats over the last 8 years. Abortion is such a small issue its a wonder why politicians even focus on it. I think I saw the number was 1.5% of all women age 15-44 had an abortion in 2014. This isn't a women's rights issue. It affects such a small percentage of women. And in many cases it's the same women getting repeated abortions.

I'm of the opinion that it takes two to start a pregnancy, it should take the same two to decide to end a pregnancy. If you don't want to get pregnant, take the proper precautions.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-09-2017, 05:46 PM
(06-09-2017 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I wonder why people keep electing conservatives to office then? According to polls, almost 60% of people think abortion should be legal. Yet the party that supports abortion has lost 1,000 legislative seats over the last 8 years. Abortion is such a small issue its a wonder why politicians even focus on it. I think I saw the number was 1.5% of all women age 15-44 had an abortion in 2014. This isn't a women's rights issue. It affects such a small percentage of women. And in many cases it's the same women getting repeated abortions.

I'm of the opinion that it takes two to start a pregnancy, it should take the same two to decide to end a pregnancy. If you don't want to get pregnant, take the proper precautions.
And yet the proper precautions don't want to be taught... to where yes some people are so well misinformed the realities of doing that aren't understood.

How many of x people does something need to effect for it to be an x issue? Why are AR laws an issue. How many people do those laws effect?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Rape
People get pregnant WITH contraception
Until the dude goes through a completely mind and life-changing event as pregnancy is, then no, men should NOT get the same percentage vote in the decision making process.

Men can so easily walk away, during pregnancy and after birth. If the so-called "pro-life" want to make it all about the baby, then pass better legislation that makes the man 100% accountable and unable to abandon their children.

p.s. this is what they are doing. They know overturning Roe V Wade will take years and $$$, so they are going to make it damn near impossible for women to access safe abortions by passing small legislation. i.e. funerals for fetuses, certain hospital/doctor regulations, financial burdens, etc. They know exactly WTF they are doing.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
06-09-2017, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 06:34 PM by epronovost.)
(06-09-2017 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I wonder why people keep electing conservatives to office then? According to polls, almost 60% of people think abortion should be legal. Yet the party that supports abortion has lost 1,000 legislative seats over the last 8 years. Abortion is such a small issue its a wonder why politicians even focus on it. I think I saw the number was 1.5% of all women age 15-44 had an abortion in 2014. This isn't a women's rights issue. It affects such a small percentage of women. And in many cases it's the same women getting repeated abortions.

Actually, research have shown that about a third of all women in 2007 had or would have an abortion by the age 45. Fortunately, the tendency by which this estimation was inferred didn't completly came to pass as a there was a short drop in abortion rate in the following years caused, in order of importance, by more efficient and widely available method of contraceptions, better health coverage and, ironically, abortion restrictions in many of the poorest States where they were more prevalent. 19% of pregnancy ended in abortion in the US in 2014. The 1.5% come from the percentage of women who have an abortion each year, which is contrasted by the about 5% who fall pregnant each year. Abortion is thus a very important issue for women in general. Around 40% of this number are repeat abortion (more than 2 abortion is much more rare and passed three is statistically insignificant).

Republicans might get elected over and over while openly supporting severe restrictions if not outright ban on abortion (and several other politics opposed to women's rights) simply because a short majority of the American population doesn't believe in and support women's equality. It could be because they are largely missinformed on the subject of abortion. It could also be because those same person who support right to abortion are more strongly opposed to other politics of the Democrats and are forced to ''bite the bullet'' on this issue. It could also be a combination of the three, a short majority of Americans are either, sexist, missinformed or ''bitting the bullet'' on this issue.

Finally your opinion on abortion is fallacious by making a false comparision. If sexual intercourse requires the continuous and enlighten consent of both parties, such is not the case for pregnancy. Unlike sex, a pregancy requires only one person to be carried and only one to be brought to term. Only one person carries the risk and the responsability of the pregnancy, thus only one person is needed to terminate it. It would be courteous for a women to discuss this with her partner, but in the end she should have the supreme veto on all decision of that nature since she carries all the risks. It's also good to note that 50% of women who required an abortion did use a contraceptive.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 7 users Like epronovost's post
06-09-2017, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2017 07:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-09-2017 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I wonder why people keep electing conservatives to office then? According to polls, almost 60% of people think abortion should be legal. Yet the party that supports abortion has lost 1,000 legislative seats over the last 8 years.

Because unlike you and your reactionary gun people, most voters are not single issue voters. Not everyone is as simple as your are, or as bad a judge of character.
How anyone could have voted for the worst president in modern times, is mind boggling.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-09-2017, 07:42 PM
(06-09-2017 07:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 04:52 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  I wonder why people keep electing conservatives to office then? According to polls, almost 60% of people think abortion should be legal. Yet the party that supports abortion has lost 1,000 legislative seats over the last 8 years.

Because unlike you and your reactionary gun people, most voters are not single issue voters. Not everyone is as simple as your are.

He's not a one issue voter, that was a straight up lie; he's already shown he is way more into the Republican platform than the gun issue.

Hell I don't even believe he's really an atheist.
06-09-2017, 07:45 PM
(06-09-2017 07:42 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(06-09-2017 07:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Because unlike you and your reactionary gun people, most voters are not single issue voters. Not everyone is as simple as your are.

He's not a one issue voter, that was a straight up lie; he's already shown he is way more into the Republican platform than the gun issue.

Hell I don't even believe he's really an atheist.

Since his "angry atheist" remark, neither do I.
But he's got nothing to worry about. According to him, just 7.5 more years of this, and then we get Don Jr. Laugh out load