Kentucky school shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2018, 01:37 PM
Kentucky school shooting
Here we go again. There has been another school shooting, this time in Kentucky.

Quote:A 15-year-old student opened fire Tuesday at a rural Kentucky high school, killing two people and wounding a dozen more, authorities said.

When are we going to learn? I don't understand why it still seems to be so easy for kids to bring guns to school. After all the shootings that have happened, there clearly needs to be better checks on what kids are bringing to school. How many more kids have to die before we figure it out? Sad

Fox News: Praying Preying on ignorance since 1996.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Kentucky school shooting
(23-01-2018 01:37 PM)Impulse Wrote:  How many more kids have to die before we figure it out? Sad

No more, because them what are not moved by one school shooting won't be moved by another. They will never figure it out.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
23-01-2018, 02:05 PM
(23-01-2018 01:37 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Here we go again. There has been another school shooting, this time in Kentucky.

Quote:A 15-year-old student opened fire Tuesday at a rural Kentucky high school, killing two people and wounding a dozen more, authorities said.

When are we going to learn? I don't understand why it still seems to be so easy for kids to bring guns to school. After all the shootings that have happened, there clearly needs to be better checks on what kids are bringing to school. How many more kids have to die before we figure it out? Sad
Try driving through a KY school parking lot. The Easy Rider Rifle Racks are all loaded for bear. Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
23-01-2018, 02:14 PM
I'd be on board with searching every student on the way into school each morning. Bags, instrument cases, etc. should be searched. I think pat downs would not be appropriate, but those metal detector wands could be used and are only a couple hundred bucks - small price to pay to possibly save lives. Probably nothing would be foolproof, but surely we can do better.

23-01-2018, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2018 02:40 PM by BikerDude.)
Ever watch Justified?
Is that really how it is in Kentucky?

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
23-01-2018, 02:48 PM
(23-01-2018 02:36 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  Ever watch Justified?
Is that really how it is in Kentucky?

No I haven't and I know little about Kentucky specifically. I'll have to watch that later. Can't right now.

23-01-2018, 02:57 PM
A 15 year old goes to school, shoots a couple of dozen people, he kills a boy & a girl, both 15 years old.

How is it that a 15 year old has not been taught that hurting people is wrong?
How is it that a 15 year old feels that a proper response to anything is to harm another person?

Gee. Guess I should brag. I knew hurting other people was wrong, from at least the age of 7 or 8.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
23-01-2018, 03:24 PM
(23-01-2018 02:57 PM)kim Wrote:  A 15 year old goes to school, shoots a couple of dozen people, he kills a boy & a girl, both 15 years old.

How is it that a 15 year old has not been taught that hurting people is wrong?
How is it that a 15 year old feels that a proper response to anything is to harm another person?

Gee. Guess I should brag. I knew hurting other people was wrong, from at least the age of 7 or 8.

Yeah, there are many approaches that can be taken to reducing these incidents. Unfortunately, most involve parents and I think this is why we still see so many shootings. Some parents just won't do what it takes, like teaching their kids morals or making sure they don't have access to guns. But given this, the schools themselves then need to take more responsibility. Some have done so, but apparently not enough have done so.

26-01-2018, 02:42 PM
On my lunch break today, I was reading about how the parents of the boy who died barely made it to their son's side on time before he died. The father said so many things could have happened that might have prevented that - traffic jams, an accident, etc. - but he knows God's guidance got him there.

I'm like FacepalmFacepalmFacepalm

Seriously? Your gawd just failed to keep your son ALIVE, but you're sure gawd got you there to say good-bye! Weeping

Yeah, I know, they're grieving... give 'em a break...

Sigh Sad

[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
26-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Quote:How is it that a 15 year old has not been taught that hurting people is wrong?

Probably raised by republicans.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!