Kerbal space program

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Kerbal space program
I'm sure there are quite some people here who are interested in space travel. In this game you build your own rockets and send them to moons and other planets. The game has a HIGH learning curve, the first rocket designs will fail and even if you get it to launch landing it on a moon or a planet is even harder than launching. It's still in alpha phase so new features are being added every so often.

It has been released on steam yesterday as part of the early access thing.
It's quite realistic even though it looks rather cartoony and the crew are little green alien things but if you're in any way interested in space I would advise you to at least check the demo.

You can also make spaceplanes, you can dock things together, make space stations, rovers, landers, etc. It's going to have a campaign mode but atm it's only sandbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3RjAvloASI

chan chan ki sikin aman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Kerbal space program
wow... awesome Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Fucker. Got me watching these YouTube vids and stuff, now I may hafta go get it even though it looks like, well, rocket science. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I can't get my ship into orbit with enough fuel to get to the moon Sad

21-03-2013, 11:48 PM
(21-03-2013 09:58 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I can't get my ship into orbit with enough fuel to get to the moon Sad

Send fuel up in a separate launch and dock with the fuel pod en-route to the moon.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
21-03-2013, 11:53 PM
(21-03-2013 11:48 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(21-03-2013 09:58 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I can't get my ship into orbit with enough fuel to get to the moon Sad

Send fuel up in a separate launch and dock with the fuel pod en-route to the moon.
I just played the demo a few hours today, can I do that with the demo?
Usually I don't buy games in alpha, so I won't be buying it at least until beta...

22-03-2013, 08:17 AM
Twenty two bucks... Angry

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I've had this game for a while, and I love it. Its so much fun, even when you fail Weeping . I've managed to get two ships into orbit around the home planet. But the funny thing is; I have even more making a full orbit around the sun Ohmy . I've name all my ships after the Sylvester Stallone "ROCKY" movies, e.g. ROCKY I, ROCK II, and so on. Despite all my best efforts though, I have yet to land on the "Mun". But I have calculated the "Mun's" orbital speed, and the max velocity I have yet been able to reach. I have a feeling that my first "Mun" landing will be more like an out of control "Mun" crashing.

I recommend this game to anyone with an interest in space, exploration, ships, engineering, or just a love for spontaneous explosions.