Kidnapped for Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Kidnapped for Christ
I ran through a blog that I frequent last week, and came across this video. Did a quick search for it here, and didn't find it, so here's the trailer.

Kidnapped for Christ trailer

It's in post production, they're awaiting donations to finish it up and release it. I can't believe that this crap still goes on. Unfrickingbelievable Angry.

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thinking about Myths's post
19-02-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: Kidnapped for Christ
(19-02-2012 06:52 AM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  It's in post production, they're awaiting donations to finish it up and release it. I can't believe that this crap still goes on. Unfrickingbelievable Angry.

Is this true? Sweet fuck! How can this be allowed?
19-02-2012, 08:13 AM
(19-02-2012 07:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 06:52 AM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  It's in post production, they're awaiting donations to finish it up and release it. I can't believe that this crap still goes on. Unfrickingbelievable Angry.

Is this true? Sweet fuck! How can this be allowed?

Because everyone has freedom of speech, even idiots. It's the price you pay for fairness and equality.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2012, 08:17 AM
(19-02-2012 08:13 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Because everyone has freedom of speech, even idiots. It's the price you pay for fairness and equality.

No I meant the kidnapping? Surely the US govt isn't happy with citizens being abducted to another country?
19-02-2012, 08:20 AM
It's for Geezus, so I guess it's 'k.

(seriously though, I think the parents are consenting, it's just the kids who aren't.)

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
[+] 2 users Like Thinking about Myths's post
19-02-2012, 08:24 AM
(19-02-2012 08:20 AM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  It's for Geezus, so I guess it's 'k.

(seriously though, I think the parents are consenting, it's just the kids who aren't.)

Yeah but... this has *got* to be an infringement of children's rights surely?
19-02-2012, 08:29 AM
(19-02-2012 08:20 AM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  It's for Geezus, so I guess it's 'k.

Dammit, the like button is so close to the reply button. Dodgy

Anyway, plenty of parents abuse their children themselves. How is consenting to abuse by proxy any better?
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
19-02-2012, 01:48 PM
(19-02-2012 08:29 AM)Ben Wrote:  

Anyway, plenty of parents abuse their children themselves. How is consenting to abuse by proxy any better?

I'll take that like, and raise you one.

The whole abuse issue i one thing, but these children are being sent from America all the way to D.R. to "cure" their homosexuality, atheism, drug use, or what have you. I think they treat it the same way as, say, a parent sending their overly aggressive child to a boot camp.

19-02-2012, 04:39 PM
This is absolutely fucking sick.

This is what religion does to people.

It turns normally good people into monsters.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
19-02-2012, 05:17 PM
(19-02-2012 01:48 PM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 08:29 AM)Ben Wrote:  

I'll take that like, and raise you one.

The whole abuse issue i one thing, but these children are being sent from America all the way to D.R. to "cure" their homosexuality, atheism, drug use, or what have you. I think they treat it the same way as, say, a parent sending their overly aggressive child to a boot camp.

The situation is different if the child is so aggressive they pose a danger to people around them. That's not analogous to "treating" a child for atheism or homosexuality.
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post