Kidnapped for Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: Kidnapped for Christ
Quote:Because everyone has freedom of speech, even idiots. It's the price you pay for fairness and equality.

And those idiots elect our President!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2012, 07:13 PM
(19-02-2012 05:17 PM)Ben Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 01:48 PM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 08:29 AM)Ben Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 08:20 AM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  It's for Geezus, so I guess it's 'k.

(seriously though, I think the parents are consenting, it's just the kids who aren't.)

Dammit, the like button is so close to the reply button. Dodgy

Anyway, plenty of parents abuse their children themselves. How is consenting to abuse by proxy any better?

I'll take that like, and raise you one.

The whole abuse issue i one thing, but these children are being sent from America all the way to D.R. to "cure" their homosexuality, atheism, drug use, or what have you. I think they treat it the same way as, say, a parent sending their overly aggressive child to a boot camp.

The situation is different if the child is so aggressive they pose a danger to people around them. That's not analogous to "treating" a child for atheism or homosexuality.
What I meant by that was they treat the child being sent to the camp as the parent/guardian consenting that their child be sent there. I'm trying to say in both cases, the child most likely doesn't want to go, but has no say in the matter.

Since the child does not want to go, it is technically kidnapping, which is what the whole point of what I meant. Even though things like this happen.

[Image: trash_pit.jpg]

Students bailing water out of Huyck House trash pit at Escuela Caribe.

I thought by saying "it" instead of "them", or "those attributes", I'd imply how the government looked at it. It was directed at Morondog. He said "No I meant the kidnapping? Surely the US govt isn't happy with citizens being abducted to another country?", and "Yeah but... this has *got* to be an infringement of children's rights surely?"

I didn't mean for it to come across like I said atheism or homosexuality "treatment" was the same as reforming an aggressive child. I think I'll try separating my sentences with the enter key next time. And possibly work on my quoting.

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Thinking about Myths's post
19-02-2012, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2012 07:24 PM by kim.)
It's all about control. The parents want control over the child and they know they only have this control legally until the child is 18. So, they immerse the vulnerable person(child) in a strictly controlled, highly regimented, isolated place and strip them of all identity. They want to replace their identity with a more acceptable identity - one they like, one they understand.

The person can not run away because chances are it's out in the middle of no where, in a country where they have no rights. I'm assuming they confiscate the person's passport so they have no legal leg to stand on, even if they do manage to escape to some place -where they may not be able to communicate easily. Any locals are probably advised that if some young person shows up, return will bring "reward"... so escape is a moot point. It's pretty much how people are brainwashed -Patty Hurst style.

It also kind of reminds me of rounding up and sending Jews and "undesirables" to the camps in the '40s; it was state sponsored and people couldn't escape. Pretty freaky that people will do this horrendous and traumatic thing to their own child.

The parents should be kidnapped and have the same thing done to them... they could be de-converted. People used to have their adult children kidnapped and deprogramed, if they felt they had been taken over by a cult(Moonies etc.,). Don't know what ever happened to that practice -they used to do it a lot in the '70s... probably the push of conformism during the Reagan years.

As always; it's all about control.
Here we go. Damned if you do; damned if you don't. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-02-2012, 09:29 PM
(19-02-2012 08:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-02-2012 08:13 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  Because everyone has freedom of speech, even idiots. It's the price you pay for fairness and equality.

No I meant the kidnapping? Surely the US govt isn't happy with citizens being abducted to another country?

Oh. I'm sorry. That was obvious, but I was totally oblivious.

*bows his head in shame*

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Jesus Christ is a dishonest dicksucking Cunt Wicked Clown 18 314 27-07-2014 04:37 PM
Last Post: Impulse
  Where there other "christ figures" in the 1st century time period? DeavonReye 5 113 04-06-2014 09:28 AM
Last Post: DeavonReye
  Christ is coming Impulse 28 975 19-04-2014 01:03 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  8 things you might not know about christ goodwithoutgod 3 257 27-02-2014 01:05 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  CHRIST'S TOMB docskeptic 236 2,928 10-02-2014 08:01 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Story of Jesus Christ now proven to be a fabrication Rahn127 290 8,918 24-01-2014 08:55 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Watched Jesus Christ superstar aquaquilter 29 853 14-12-2013 10:33 PM
Last Post: Smercury44