Kidney Stones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2016, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016 02:02 AM by Free Thought.)
Kidney Stones
Bet everybody can guess what I have now!

To cut straight to the chase; does anybody have any advice or anything from their own knowledge or experience? Sooner I get these damn things out of me the better...

Edit: Just occurred to me that some level of detail may be helpful for advice. According to the CT scan, I have one for each kidney. Both around 3mm, so doc said, one has passed into the ureter already.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2016, 02:16 AM
RE: Kidney Stones
Well, it's going to hurt like a bitch. Nurses told me that women who come in with them often compare the pain to that of giving birth. I felt like I had been body checked by a truck, and then it longed a knife in my backside. Considering that since then I actually have been hit by a truck (by motorcycle accident last November), and there is no comparison, the kidney stones were way more painful. I walked out of the hospital the day after my motorcycle accident with some bruising. My stones put me in the hospital for three days, part of which I was flying high as a kite on pain medication, just so that I could get a few hours of sleep.

Also, they'll probably tell you to turn down your caffeine and sugar intake.

0/10 Would not pass stones again.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
30-09-2016, 02:56 AM
(30-09-2016 02:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, it's going to hurt like a bitch. Nurses told me that women who come in with them often compare the pain to that of giving birth. I felt like I had been body checked by a truck, and then it longed a knife in my backside. Considering that since then I actually have been hit by a truck (by motorcycle accident last November), and there is no comparison, the kidney stones were way more painful. I walked out of the hospital the day after my motorcycle accident with some bruising. My stones put me in the hospital for three days, part of which I was flying high as a kite on pain medication, just so that I could get a few hours of sleep.

I get the feeling I'll regret asking, but... what's the worst part? Because the right-hand stone entering my ureter was pretty awful... To put it mildly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-09-2016, 03:17 AM
Oh man...I have dealt with kidney stones over the years several times and they suck. And, yeah, it is a lot like the pain of childbirth but with nothing to show for it after they are gone.

Drink a lot of water, juice, whatever to get fluids in you to flush then out.

There are a couple things that happen with stones. If they lay still they don't hurt as bad. When they are on the move they hurt like a bitch. While moving, the body is in spasms trying to force them out. When they are plugging up the plumbing your kidney(s) can't drain and they will swell with fluid and that hurts but in a different way.

Hopefully they gave you some effective pain medication. Since they are small and the doc hasn't recommended lithotripsy you just have to take the meds, grit your teeth, and wait for them to pass.

If you start running a fever though call the doctor.

You have lots of empathy from me. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-09-2016, 03:23 AM
(30-09-2016 02:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 02:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, it's going to hurt like a bitch. Nurses told me that women who come in with them often compare the pain to that of giving birth. I felt like I had been body checked by a truck, and then it longed a knife in my backside. Considering that since then I actually have been hit by a truck (by motorcycle accident last November), and there is no comparison, the kidney stones were way more painful. I walked out of the hospital the day after my motorcycle accident with some bruising. My stones put me in the hospital for three days, part of which I was flying high as a kite on pain medication, just so that I could get a few hours of sleep.

I get the feeling I'll regret asking, but... what's the worst part? Because the right-hand stone entering my ureter was pretty awful... To put it mildly.

The worst part is the pain. Followed by being confined to a hospital for a few days, and drinking enough fluids to make me have to urinate every few hours. The food was meh, and there was nothing good on TV. Fortunately I had someone grab my 3DS for me.

My episode started at 8pm at night, just hours before I was supposed to be at work, so I was operating on less than 4 hours of sleep at that point. Went straight to the emergency room, where I did get some pain medicine, which brought me down from a 9/10 down to a more manageable 7/10. But it wasn't until almost 5am that they finally pulled out the big guns and injected me with a morphine derivative. That finally brought about enough relief that I could get some sleep, and I was basically over the hump at that point.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-09-2016, 06:00 AM
Apparently roller coasters might be a thing for smaller stones: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/28/health...tudy-trnd/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
30-09-2016, 06:06 AM
Haf beat me to it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
30-09-2016, 06:26 AM
I’m sorry to hear this EK.

My dad has suffered from kidney stones his entire life and has passed by his own count some 50 of them. At one point he had a particularly large one and they bombarded it with ultra sound to break it up so he could pass it.

I wish you lots of morphine-like chemicals and a speedy recovery.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
30-09-2016, 07:54 AM
Yuck. Hopefully you find what your body likes to crystallize, and avoid those foods. And hopefully it's foods, not just body chemistry.
30-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Popcorn

I'm no good at the support thing, so instead just watch this Seinfeld clip of Kramer passing a stone at the circus.
Thumbsup

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post