Kidney Stones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: Kidney Stones
(30-09-2016 08:40 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Popcorn

I'm no good at the support thing, so instead just watch this Seinfeld clip of Kramer passing a stone at the circus.
Thumbsup

There's always Al Swearingen...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
30-09-2016, 08:48 AM
So are you gonna go natural or take the epidural?

'Murican Canadian
30-09-2016, 09:59 AM
... What'd I do to you guys...? Weeping

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
30-09-2016, 12:56 PM
(30-09-2016 09:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... What'd I do to you guys...? Weeping

Nothing personal, but this is kidney stones we're talking about. What are we supposed to do? Not make fun of you? Let's be rational here...

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-09-2016, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2016 02:55 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(30-09-2016 06:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m sorry to hear this EK.

My dad has suffered from kidney stones his entire life and has passed by his own count some 50 of them. At one point he had a particularly large one and they bombarded it with ultra sound to break it up so he could pass it.

I wish you lots of morphine-like chemicals and a speedy recovery.

I appreciate the thought, but I'm perfectly okay. I had my brush with stones over a year ago, promptly cut down on my sugar and caffeine, and haven't had an issue since.

But that morphine derivative was some good shit, I still remember when they shot it into my IV and I could feel it working it's way up my arm and across my torso. In hindsight that was scarier than the stones, because it was at that moment that I understood both why they were so cautious in administering it in the first place, and how easily someone could get hooked on that feeling of relief.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-09-2016, 05:18 PM
(30-09-2016 02:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 06:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I’m sorry to hear this EK.

My dad has suffered from kidney stones his entire life and has passed by his own count some 50 of them. At one point he had a particularly large one and they bombarded it with ultra sound to break it up so he could pass it.

I wish you lots of morphine-like chemicals and a speedy recovery.

I appreciate the thought, but I'm perfectly okay. I had my brush with stones over a year ago, promptly cut down on my sugar and caffeine, and haven't had an issue since.

But that morphine derivative was some good shit, I still remember when they shot it into my IV and I could feel it working it's way up my arm and across my torso. In hindsight that was scarier than the stones, because it was at that moment that I understood both why they were so cautious in administering it in the first place, and how easily someone could get hooked on that feeling of relief.

Based on my youngest brother's relating his experience (he's a cancer survivor), they probably gave you dilaudid. That warming sensation is what he described.
30-09-2016, 05:23 PM
(30-09-2016 05:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 02:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I appreciate the thought, but I'm perfectly okay. I had my brush with stones over a year ago, promptly cut down on my sugar and caffeine, and haven't had an issue since.

Based on my youngest brother's relating his experience (he's a cancer survivor), they probably gave you dilaudid. That warming sensation is what he described.

Morphine does the same. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-09-2016, 06:53 PM
(30-09-2016 05:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 05:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Based on my youngest brother's relating his experience (he's a cancer survivor), they probably gave you dilaudid. That warming sensation is what he described.

Dilaudid works much better than morphine in my journeys with kidney stones. Morphine allows me to grit my teeth a little less. Dilaudid actually stops the pain.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-09-2016, 08:43 PM
(30-09-2016 05:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 05:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Based on my youngest brother's relating his experience (he's a cancer survivor), they probably gave you dilaudid. That warming sensation is what he described.

I had a perforated small intestine as a result of catching the flu in '96 (long back story). I was on a morphine (machine) drip, where I got doses on some regular interval. I had told the doctors(s) that I wasn't hurting (I have a high threshold for pain, and in that case, didn't feel any pain) and that I didn't want that drip. The only thing I remember about that at this point is that I would get a seriously dry mouth when it kicked in, and that is the only way I knew that I was getting the morphine. They finally pulled the damned thing out, after I complained enough times. When I hurt, I want medication. When I don't, save it for someone who needs it! Interesting thing is, I damned near died during that hospital visit, and lost 30+ pounds in 3 weeks. Good times!