Kidney stones strike again!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Kidney stones strike again!
Just got back from the ER, haven't felt well the last couple days but today was ROUGH! Finally gave in and went to the ER...CT scan confirmed what I suspected...kidney stones. They are small enough to pass but it still really, really stinks.

Morphine hangover has left me with an awful headache. BLAH! Sadcryface2

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: Kidney stones strike again!
That's pretty crap.

Do they pass themselves or do you help them along with something?
It's a pity they can't laser them.

Hope you're feeling better, Anj

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Don't you guys just love how our kidneys are perfectly designed to sometimes make stones that hurt us.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-11-2012, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 11:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
That's gotta hurt. ... well except for the morphine part, Anjele ain't much experienced at handling hangovers, . ... I'm waiting for it. It's gonna happen.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-11-2012, 03:36 AM
My mom had kidney stones a lot when I was younger. I kept having to wake up in the middle of the night to drive her to the ER.

Taught me to down 3 or 4 bottles of water a day.

Also, the occasional beer is said to help. It evacuates the water from your body, so it helps keep the tubes clear. Dr. Thropik recommends drinking a shit-load of water (always, of course) one chosen day a week and finishing the evening with 2 or 3 beers. It'd be like a weekly cleanse. lol

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 06:57 AM
I only ever had one, like 20 years ago, so I am lucky that way.

My mom suffered horribly with them and I remember frequently coming home from grade school finding her in bed asking for a bucket - so she could throw up.

I hope you feel better asap, drink, drink, drink. The doctors here recommend cranberry juice now, and that has been around for ages but just recently the medical community decided to validate it. So, drink that, along with tons of water. Never heard of the beer before but the logic makes sense.

Also, the more you can walk, the better. Gravity plays an important part in passing. So, whenever you feel able, pace, pace pace, drink, drink, drink....and then pace and drink some more. Hard to do sometimes but it pays off...

Keep your head up, it'll pass.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-11-2012, 08:02 AM
I have had bouts with kidneys stones over the last 15 years. Seems that all the antihistamines I have been taking lately have sucked the fluids out of me. Luckily these are small enough to pass without medical intervention beyond something for pain. I suppose I have to choose between sinus infections or kidney stones, or I need to just wheel around with a continual saline drip. Obviously, I cannot consume enough fluids to keep up with what Zytec-D is taking out of me.

Am going to try to get into work later if my eyes ever uncross. That morphine really kicked my butt.

I don't drink alcohol and never liked beer anyway...I don't know that I could get one down, even for medicinal purposes.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
20-11-2012, 09:13 AM
(20-11-2012 08:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have had bouts with kidneys stones over the last 15 years. Seems that all the antihistamines I have been taking lately have sucked the fluids out of me. Luckily these are small enough to pass without medical intervention beyond something for pain. I suppose I have to choose between sinus infections or kidney stones, or I need to just wheel around with a continual saline drip. Obviously, I cannot consume enough fluids to keep up with what Zytec-D is taking out of me.

Am going to try to get into work later if my eyes ever uncross. That morphine really kicked my butt.

I don't drink alcohol and never liked beer anyway...I don't know that I could get one down, even for medicinal purposes.

The sinus thing - see if you can get a prescription for fluticasone nasal spray - it won't dry the fluids out of you and it works and is not addictive like the old sprays were.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-11-2012, 07:45 AM
(20-11-2012 08:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have had bouts with kidneys stones over the last 15 years. Seems that all the antihistamines I have been taking lately have sucked the fluids out of me. Luckily these are small enough to pass without medical intervention beyond something for pain. I suppose I have to choose between sinus infections or kidney stones, or I need to just wheel around with a continual saline drip. Obviously, I cannot consume enough fluids to keep up with what Zytec-D is taking out of me.

Awww. *Straps on his latex gloves* You're coming over to my place tonight; we're doing shots, and you're gonna have fun. Dr. Thropik will fix you right up. Tongue

(NOTE: Refusal of medical treatment will be regarded as a sign of mental instablity and will turn full custody of the patient, including all medical decisions and proceedures, over to the medical staff)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
24-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Wait a second.

Patients are well within their rights to refuse treatment, and by law must be left alone... Or is it different in your basement Mr. Thropik?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post