Kids sexting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2012, 05:17 PM
RE: Kids sexting
OK, what exactly is dangerous about naked pictures?
- They may get leaked on the net and shared around the school. If the face is there that may a be lot of trouble.
- They may attract perverts.
- They may cause the kids to blush.

I'm always amazed how naked pictures are considered as bad as meth and coke, yet seeing countless violent deaths on TV is OK. (not that I wouldn't enjoy biting off people's heads as a xenomorph in AvP2)

So what should we do? I really like this article called Living With Teenagers by John Heron. Not only it's a good parenting guide, it also describes the importance of rites of passage. Our supposedly advanced society threw the proverbial baby out with bathing water and abolished most of the traditional rituals that mark important transitions in teenagers' lives. We're supposed to bring up a future car driver, voter, worker, sex-haver, parent and maybe even a potential gun owner. That means a lot of responsibility on the teenager's side and a lot of trust on our side. So why don't we make an official business out of this. The purpose is to symbolically and factually take away their childhood and give them the glorious status of early adulthood with responsibility and pride for being trusted with it. Or something like that. I know Jewish boys have bar mitzvah and some families make a small and hopefully discreet celebration when a girl gets her first menstruation, but that's not enough. Getting a driver's license at 16 is closer to the mark, through as an European I can't imagine it in practice.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2012, 08:12 PM
My mum took a picture of me naked in bath when I was 0-4. and even made an album and often show it to her friend

so my mum should be arrested as result of this
27-03-2012, 06:52 PM
(23-03-2012 05:17 PM)Luminon Wrote:  OK, what exactly is dangerous about naked pictures?
- They may get leaked on the net and shared around the school. If the face is there that may a be lot of trouble.
- They may attract perverts.
- They may cause the kids to blush.

I'm always amazed how naked pictures are considered as bad as meth and coke, yet seeing countless violent deaths on TV is OK. (not that I wouldn't enjoy biting off people's heads as a xenomorph in AvP2)

So what should we do? I really like this article called Living With Teenagers by John Heron. Not only it's a good parenting guide, it also describes the importance of rites of passage. Our supposedly advanced society threw the proverbial baby out with bathing water and abolished most of the traditional rituals that mark important transitions in teenagers' lives. We're supposed to bring up a future car driver, voter, worker, sex-haver, parent and maybe even a potential gun owner. That means a lot of responsibility on the teenager's side and a lot of trust on our side. So why don't we make an official business out of this. The purpose is to symbolically and factually take away their childhood and give them the glorious status of early adulthood with responsibility and pride for being trusted with it. Or something like that. I know Jewish boys have bar mitzvah and some families make a small and hopefully discreet celebration when a girl gets her first menstruation, but that's not enough. Getting a driver's license at 16 is closer to the mark, through as an European I can't imagine it in practice.
The number one way to handle any of these issues is to deal with educating the children. Not limiting their aability to make a mistake themselves but make them aware of what the reality of outcomes may become.

If you're talking about the danger of sexting pictures, it isn't even related to the normal level of looking at nude pictures that freak social conservatives out.

It can expand to the personal issues that can come from it: If a picture spread around of a person it could lead to: Derogatory comments & Bullying behavior toward that individual that could escalate. An even worse issue which HAS had court cases I learned about in recent Education courses of a teenager being charged as a sex offender from having a nude photo of his GF on his cell phone and would have to be a registered sex offender which would show up on background checks and make him have to go through the neighborhood awareness informing every time he moved.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Do you think everyone should be allowed to have kids? Troll 31 610 08-04-2014 08:12 PM
Last Post: Dark Phoenix
  Kids and Guns Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver 6 269 13-02-2014 10:01 AM
Last Post: Unknown
  Fighting Against Teaching Kids False History In U.S. Schools WindyCityJazz 17 775 06-01-2014 07:41 AM
Last Post: Hafnof
  get your popcorn kids.... I and I 28 948 17-04-2013 09:43 PM
Last Post: JAH
  Sup with North Korea's kids? Weeeeee_Zard 55 1,178 10-04-2013 11:07 AM
Last Post: JAH