Killing Floor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 02:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Killing Floor
Just curious if anybody else still plays this? I've had it ever since release years ago, and I always keep coming back to it.

It's a 6-person, cooperative, class based, wave survival, first person shooter. It's like Resident Evil, with friends and less shitty controls.

There are X number of waves, with progressively tougher and greater amounts of enemy specimens. Between waves, you need to run to the Trader to spend the cash bounty you get for kills to get better equipment and ammo. The more you play a class, the better you get at it, the better the class becomes (to the point that high enough level will allow you to spawn with upgraded free equipment).

It started off small and barely more than an over glorified Unreal 2 mod, but they've added a ton of free content and continue to add free content. The last update was just this past Christmas, and included an new official map and two new weapons. Half of the current weapons and one of the classes didn't even exists at release, and have been added for free since then. Also, the longer the game goes on, the goofier it gets.

For example, see the promo videos for their various seasonal events (for Summer Break, Halloween, and Christmas). My favorite has to be the Summer Slideshow one, it's a great parody of cheap Monster Truck Rally advertisements!

Just a warning, the game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. The video's are rather tame, but loud. Also, the game is PC only.

If anybody else does play this, or would be interested in trying it, let me know so I can catch a game with you on Steam.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post

Messages In This Thread
Killing Floor - EvolutionKills - 14-01-2013 02:39 AM
RE: Killing Floor - Vera - 14-01-2013, 02:48 AM
RE: Killing Floor - EvolutionKills - 14-01-2013, 03:59 AM
RE: Killing Floor - frankiej - 14-01-2013, 05:21 AM
RE: Killing Floor - Vera - 14-01-2013, 05:43 AM
RE: Killing Floor - EvolutionKills - 15-01-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: Killing Floor - Judas - 23-07-2014, 06:39 PM