Killing Floor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 02:45 AM by EvolutionKills.)
Killing Floor
Just curious if anybody else still plays this? I've had it ever since release years ago, and I always keep coming back to it.

It's a 6-person, cooperative, class based, wave survival, first person shooter. It's like Resident Evil, with friends and less shitty controls.

There are X number of waves, with progressively tougher and greater amounts of enemy specimens. Between waves, you need to run to the Trader to spend the cash bounty you get for kills to get better equipment and ammo. The more you play a class, the better you get at it, the better the class becomes (to the point that high enough level will allow you to spawn with upgraded free equipment).

It started off small and barely more than an over glorified Unreal 2 mod, but they've added a ton of free content and continue to add free content. The last update was just this past Christmas, and included an new official map and two new weapons. Half of the current weapons and one of the classes didn't even exists at release, and have been added for free since then. Also, the longer the game goes on, the goofier it gets.

For example, see the promo videos for their various seasonal events (for Summer Break, Halloween, and Christmas). My favorite has to be the Summer Slideshow one, it's a great parody of cheap Monster Truck Rally advertisements!

Just a warning, the game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. The video's are rather tame, but loud. Also, the game is PC only.

If anybody else does play this, or would be interested in trying it, let me know so I can catch a game with you on Steam.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2013, 02:48 AM
RE: Killing Floor
No, but I listen to this. Does that count? Wink

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
14-01-2013, 03:59 AM
@ Vera

Meh, needs more Zombies...

And shotguns... Tongue

14-01-2013, 05:21 AM
When I saw "Killing Floor" I just thought of Hubert Sumlin playing that awesome wee riff.

[Image: opforum1.png]
14-01-2013, 05:43 AM
(14-01-2013 05:21 AM)frankiej Wrote:  When I saw "Killing Floor" I just thought of Hubert Sumlin playing that awesome wee riff.
I still like mine better Tongue

Those two ain't half bad either, though... When it comes to blues, I like it with as few bells and whistles, as possible. Just a guy/girl and a guitar. And sometimes the latter ain't even necessary (cough*Vera Hall*cough)

Sorry, Evolution, I seem to have derailed this one right off the bat Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
15-01-2013, 03:57 AM
(14-01-2013 05:43 AM)Vera Wrote:  Sorry, Evolution, I seem to have derailed this one right off the bat Blush

That sounds like a challenge. If anybody is going to derail my thread, it's gonna' be ME! Evil_monster

[Image: Grumpy-Cat-MEME-01.jpg]

[Image: Grumpy-Cat-Meets-Black-Cat.jpg?cb5e28]

[Image: Grumpy-Cat-Le-Miserable.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-07-2014, 06:39 PM
(14-01-2013 02:39 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just curious if anybody else still plays this? I've had it ever since release years ago, and I always keep coming back to it.

It's a 6-person, cooperative, class based, wave survival, first person shooter. It's like Resident Evil, with friends and less shitty controls.

There are X number of waves, with progressively tougher and greater amounts of enemy specimens. Between waves, you need to run to the Trader to spend the cash bounty you get for kills to get better equipment and ammo. The more you play a class, the better you get at it, the better the class becomes (to the point that high enough level will allow you to spawn with upgraded free equipment).

It started off small and barely more than an over glorified Unreal 2 mod, but they've added a ton of free content and continue to add free content. The last update was just this past Christmas, and included an new official map and two new weapons. Half of the current weapons and one of the classes didn't even exists at release, and have been added for free since then. Also, the longer the game goes on, the goofier it gets.

For example, see the promo videos for their various seasonal events (for Summer Break, Halloween, and Christmas). My favorite has to be the Summer Slideshow one, it's a great parody of cheap Monster Truck Rally advertisements!

Just a warning, the game is rated M for Mature by the ESRB. The video's are rather tame, but loud. Also, the game is PC only.

If anybody else does play this, or would be interested in trying it, let me know so I can catch a game with you on Steam.

I still play! I haven't really stopped playing since I got it in September 2010. I am usually down to play anytime.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/donttalktomewhenimwalking/
25-07-2014, 10:09 AM
I have it, but my shitty MacBook can barely run it. I've played it on higher specs machines before and it's quite addicting. I should get into playing it once this shitty MacBook dies and I can buy a real computer.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
25-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Wink RE: Killing Floor
(25-07-2014 10:09 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I have it, but my shitty MacBook can barely run it. I've played it on higher specs machines before and it's quite addicting. I should get into playing it once this shitty MacBook dies and I can buy a real computer.

That would be awesome! To buy a new computer and play KF that is! At the time I was fixing to purchase it, my MacBook was too old to even run Steam. So, I ended up purchasing an iMac and bootcamped it. I really enjoy playing with new people, so hopefully I will see somebody in the forums lurking in KF or even KF2 in the near future... Big Grin