Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly
I listened to a small segment of this book on audiobook and I found (at least the segment on Herod's slaughter of the innocents) incredulous.

O'Reilly has really gone off the rails with these assassination books of his and this one really pushes O'Reilly's credibility to the breaking point.

In his segment on the slaughter of the innocents in Bethlehem, O'Reilly says that Herod uses a mercenary army to do the killing for him. He also states that Herod is suffering from kidney and liver disease, worms, STDs, and a gangrene of his genitals which made his ballsack turn black and sprout maggots (I'm not making this up; that's what's really in the book.)

Now, I'll freely admit I don't know shit from shinola about Herod or any other Judean King who was a puppet of the Romans around that time, but I have to ask: What historical source is O'Reilly getting this stuff from? The bible never described Herod that way. Were there other records about a Judean King named Herod at that time which this could be based off of. Or has Bill completely last his marbles?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 02:40 PM
RE: Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly
Totally was going to suggest that Bill stick to shit he knows something about. But then he'd never write another book...

Then again maybe that's a good thing?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-10-2013, 02:59 PM
(06-10-2013 02:37 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  pushes O'Reilly's credibility to the breaking point.

O'Reilly has credibility? I give him credit for being the biggest poopy head on the planet, but that's as far as my credit extends for that piece of.......

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-10-2013, 03:01 PM
(06-10-2013 02:37 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I listened to a small segment of this book on audiobook and I found (at least the segment on Herod's slaughter of the innocents) incredulous.

O'Reilly has really gone off the rails with these assassination books of his and this one really pushes O'Reilly's credibility to the breaking point.

In his segment on the slaughter of the innocents in Bethlehem, O'Reilly says that Herod uses a mercenary army to do the killing for him. He also states that Herod is suffering from kidney and liver disease, worms, STDs, and a gangrene of his genitals which made his ballsack turn black and sprout maggots (I'm not making this up; that's what's really in the book.)

Now, I'll freely admit I don't know shit from shinola about Herod or any other Judean King who was a puppet of the Romans around that time, but I have to ask: What historical source is O'Reilly getting this stuff from? The bible never described Herod that way. Were there other records about a Judean King named Herod at that time which this could be based off of. Or has Bill completely last his marbles?

[Image: sbh6vs-2.gif]
Oh Bill, I both love and hate you.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
06-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Re: Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly
Bill has no credibility... These books are an accurate portrayal of how mericans can take to distrustful sources so easily.

But that Herod having a std or gangrene is a often stated claim about him and his madness. I've seen it from plenty of creditable and non credible sources.

If I had to guess, I bet it comes directly from Josephus and what he said about Herod.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-10-2013, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 05:29 PM by Bucky Ball.)
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/04...ing-jesus/

A Professor of the NT (even) at Notre Dame thinks he's full of it.

It was funny last Sunday on 60 minutes. They put his interview next to the schizophrenic, and they BOTH said they were responding to voices in their head. I think they did it on purpose, to ridicule him.

We were talking about this last week.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...cording-to

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
28-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Does Bill O'Reilly list sources other than "Der Bible" and a burning bush?

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
28-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Herod is a name used of several kings belonging to the Herodian Dynasty of the Roman province of Judaea:

Herod the Great (c. 74–4 BCE), client king of Judaea who rebuilt the Second Temple (in Jerusalem) into Herod's Temple

Herod Archelaus (23 BC–c. AD 18), ethnarch of Samaria, Judea, and Idumea

Herod Antipas (20 BC–c. AD 40), subordinate ruler of Galilee and Peraea, called "Herod the Tetrarch" (subordinate ruler) or "Herod" in the New Testament up to Acts 4:27, and described therein as ordering John the Baptist's death and as mocking Jesus.

Herod II (c. 27 BC–33 AD), sometimes called Herod Philip I, father of Salome
Philip the Tetrarch (4 BC–AD 34), sometimes called Herod Philip II, subordinate ruler of Ituraea and Trachonitis

Herod Agrippa I (c. 10 BC–AD 44), client king of Judaea, called "King Herod" or "Herod" in Acts 12 of the New Testament

Herod of Chalcis, also known as Herod III, king of Chalcis (AD 41–48)

Herod Agrippa II (AD 27–100), subordinate ruler of Chalcis who was described in Acts of the Apostles as "King Agrippa" before whom Paul of Tarsus defended himself

I have to note that there is a difference between Herod Agrippa I and II though both are referred to in Acts in different places doing different things. They are completely different people, living and reigning at different times with only slight overlap... yet, are still referred to in the same book along with Herod Antipas who is also described in Acts as ordering the deaths of the baptist and the jew.

Three different guys. So really, who knows which one that krazy fuck O'Reilly might be talking about. He doesn't know how the tides go in an out and yet... someone gave him a crayon and let him write a book. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-10-2013, 03:53 PM
(06-10-2013 02:37 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  a gangrene of his genitals which made his ballsack turn black and sprout maggots

This is all I got and I am too busy tossing my dinner down the toilet to form an opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post