Killing for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 03:50 PM by ideasonscribe.)
RE: Killing for God
Ok, so I did a double-post there...
Kind of confusing <.<
Anyways, since I tried to delete the second post and it failed for some reason, I'm just going to say....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bw2X1oq_js

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
(09-07-2012 03:38 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  As someone who has come to the conclusion that God does exist, I love Him more than anything or anyone.

One problem is that in this age, God would most likely never ask her to kill you. In fact, I am most certain that He would never demand that of her since he would be making an exception for her against His law.

The two things that you claim to know here:
1 - there is a god
2 - the mind of god

I believe that you do know the mind of god, because it is your mind.
The same mind that can invent a god is the same mind that can imagine what he would do.
As you can imagine his existence, you can imagine his intentions.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
(09-07-2012 03:36 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Noah.

Don't listen to any of them. We know sweet fuck all about you, her, or your relationship.

You're in love. That's real.

I don't think the issue is only about his love for her. Is it possible to be in love with someone who is totally wrong for you? Of course. I married 2 women who ended up cheating on me... I'd gladly take back time and say "fuck you" to both of them and find someone else. Loving them wasn't helpful, because it only gave them the opportunity to hurt me that much more. I could love any number of people, and not all of them would be adulterous bitches.

Stop defending this cunt, Ghost. We don't have to have the whole story -- we have enough information to know that she could rationalize literally anything mean, cruel, or unloving she did to him by self-justifying her actions as "for God". There's somebody out there for her, some guy who's dying to put her in second place to God. Good for them. Noahitch can do better.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
09-07-2012, 05:14 PM
One problem with your question to her. By saying if God told you to kill me you have made the assumption that God exists and she probably assumes you mean God directly asking her to kill you. If the clouds parted and a light came down from heaven and you heard a massive voice say to kill your spouse. I'm pretty sure just about everyone here would do it.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
09-07-2012, 05:42 PM
(09-07-2012 04:10 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The two things that you claim to know here:
1 - there is a god
2 - the mind of god

I believe that you do know the mind of god, because it is your mind.
The same mind that can invent a god is the same mind that can imagine what he would do.
As you can imagine his existence, you can imagine his intentions.
I wasn't getting into a debate on this one.
I hope you can re-read and understand my post as coming from a Christian Theist perspective.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
09-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Starcrash.

You wanna lick the street with that tongue, you go right ahead, but I don't tolerate that kind of misogynistic language for a second.

For the record, I wasn't "defending" anyone. I was trying to offer advice to a man having difficulty in a relationship. I take that sort of thing very seriously. This is a man's life; a couple's life. I don't fuck around with partisan BS in this sort of situation.

My advice was clear and my revulsion towards your post is on the record. I'm moving on with my life.
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
09-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Someone who would kill one person if god told them would also fly an airplane into a populated building.

If god told them, of course.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 4 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
09-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Hey, Tinkerbelle.

This is a digression from the thread. I just wanted to fire this out because I feel that the whole "people kill for God and innocent people suffer" bit is a red herring.

I agree about the flying planes into buildings. That being said, people kill for all sorts of reasons. 9-11, the horror, sure, fine, but civilians get killed all the time and the Twin Towers incident is no lesser or greater than anything else.

In terms of this thread, I don't know if she is expecting to kill anyone on God's order. If she is, she's a nutter. Time to get the duck out of Fodge. I just don't think that what she said necessarily makes her some kind of monster. That's for Noah to decide, not me.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I have a question that you don't need to answer here, but I wonder if your girlfriend has or will have sex with you. Plenty of Christians will give the answer she gave about being willing to kill if God directed them. Thing is, plenty of Christians have been directed by God to save sex for marriage, but they have little difficulty disobeying God on that one. If she's willing to do you, then she's hardly willing to do you in.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
09-07-2012, 07:57 PM
(09-07-2012 07:01 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I have a question that you don't need to answer here, but I wonder if your girlfriend has or will have sex with you. Plenty of Christians will give the answer she gave about being willing to kill if God directed them. Thing is, plenty of Christians have been directed by God to save sex for marriage, but they have little difficulty disobeying God on that one. If she's willing to do you, then she's hardly willing to do you in.

Oxytocin for the win. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post