Killing for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
RE: Killing for God
Tell her that you understand why she must obey any request from god.
Tell her that you have decided to obey any request that your friend (Jack) tells you to do. It's likely that she doesn't know Jack.
One evening invite Jack over and obey Jack's requests. She'll understand that you're simply obeying Jack like she obeys god.

I doubt she'll have any problem with it when Jack tells you to smack her up side the head.
Then as you approach her, tell her. I love you and I have free will. I don't have to obey Jack.

You don't have to obey god. In your religion, all you have to do is believe. You don't have to turn yourself into a mindless zombie.
If you can't think for yourself and make decisions for yourself, then you aren't ready to be an adult.

I only want to have a relationship with an adult. End of story

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-07-2012, 05:05 AM
(09-07-2012 06:11 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Starcrash.

You wanna lick the street with that tongue, you go right ahead, but I don't tolerate that kind of misogynistic language for a second.

For the record, I wasn't "defending" anyone. I was trying to offer advice to a man having difficulty in a relationship. I take that sort of thing very seriously. This is a man's life; a couple's life. I don't fuck around with partisan BS in this sort of situation.

My advice was clear and my revulsion towards your post is on the record. I'm moving on with my life.
I kinda thought you'd make an ad hominem remark about my language. And of course you're reframing your argument to put it in a better light. It's not "defending" according to you, although you make a case for her actions. You say you're "offering advice", and I agree -- but that's not mutually exclusive with defending her. And you argue that "it's a man's life", as though that makes it different than any other argument on any other topic. Are arguments on this forum ever not about how people live? It's just an another implied ad hominem where you imply that I'm being insensitive. And then you show hypocrisy by using "street-licking tongue", which doesn't offend me but still -- please don't correct my language and then use it.

Ghost, your posts are almost always partisan. Do you ever side with atheism? I think it's pretty clear that I felt revulsion over how this woman treated him. If an atheist said something similar ("If my parents said I should kill you, I would") I'd be similarly revolted, and my advice would be the same. Please don't waste your time making it sound like I'm partisan, or I will simply embarrass you. Did you fail to notice that about half my posts are in disagreement with atheists, often in defense of theists? I value rational thought over theism and atheism, and I'll defend rational people every single time, quite consistently.

Partisanship aside, her actions are inexcusable -- she claims to love him, and yet says that she would kill him if another "person" told her to do it. That's not love. It hardly matters if she values God over him, because even if she values God she can say "no, I love him, and you'll both simply have to learn to get along". Love doesn't mean doing everything that the object of your affection tells you to do. That's perverse and evil. And your defense of her (even if you want to call it something else) is also perverse.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-07-2012, 05:36 AM
(10-07-2012 05:05 AM)Starcrash Wrote:  That's not love.

No. It's love's evil twin - morality. Knowing the difference separates the prophets from the priests. Thumbsup

And, come on, you've been here long enough to know Ghost. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
10-07-2012, 05:57 AM
Starcrash.

You're right. You're such a victim. If I were you, I'd blame all those cunts and adulterous bitches.

Really? You're gonna sit there and defend what you said? That amazes me. If using that kind of language is perfectly fine to you, then nothing else I say will have any impact. So I'm out on that one.

As for my argument, I didn't reframe anything and it's clear you never understood it. As for me never "siding with Atheism" 1 - that has nothing do do with anything right now, 2 - what a ridiculous thing to say and 3 - if you want to convince yourself that I never do, you go right ahead. Reality and I will be having some cake together while you do.

The rest of your post is just sad.

Now if you'll excuse me, my partisanship and my defending skills are going to go play jump rope in the land of make believe.
10-07-2012, 06:12 AM
(09-07-2012 05:42 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 04:10 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The two things that you claim to know here:
1 - there is a god
2 - the mind of god

I believe that you do know the mind of god, because it is your mind.
The same mind that can invent a god is the same mind that can imagine what he would do.
As you can imagine his existence, you can imagine his intentions.
I wasn't getting into a debate on this one.
I hope you can re-read and understand my post as coming from a Christian Theist perspective.
I wasn't engaging in debate either, just clarifying a Theist's position of justifying the belief that a made up deity is significantly more important than a living human being that you have a personal relationship with, even to the point of taking that life if directed so my voices in your head.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
10-07-2012, 06:53 AM
(10-07-2012 06:12 AM)Thomas Wrote:  just clarifying a Theist's position
You being an Atheist, should I take your clarification of the opposite worldview any seriously?
I don't think so. I usually only take your criticism of the Theistic worldview seriously.
I don't claim to be able to clarify what an Atheist believes (Or doesn't believe).

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
10-07-2012, 07:02 AM
(10-07-2012 06:53 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 06:12 AM)Thomas Wrote:  just clarifying a Theist's position
You being an Atheist, should I take your clarification of the opposite worldview any seriously?
I don't think so. I usually only take your criticism of the Theistic worldview seriously.
I don't claim to be able to clarify what an Atheist believes (Or doesn't believe).
That is what a theist believes though.
Not trying to argue and assess our oponents beliefs(theism) is a diservice to them. We should be able to clarify honestly what a theist's position is

As the old saying goes:

Know your enemy.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Starcrash with the Ghostbustin'...

Now you scared him away. See how you are? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey, Cantor.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post
10-07-2012, 12:41 PM
(10-07-2012 07:02 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That is what a theist believes though.
Not trying to argue and assess our oponents beliefs(theism) is a diservice to them. We should be able to clarify honestly what a theist's position is

As the old saying goes:

Know your enemy.

It is right to asses the opponents worldview, but if you do not hold the same worldview, then you are only looking into the worldview from the outside.
Maybe I can give an example to try and clarify my point - For example, if I believed that God is evil for the same reason that Atheists believe He is (granted they excuse His existence), then I would immediately cease to be a Christian Theist.
As long as I am a Christian, I will view within my worldview in a different perspective than you, otherwise I would BE you, and I would be an Atheist.
I know Atheists that are respectful enough to take the time to not be biased in their examination of the scriptures, and understand what we mean by the Old Testament being narrative. They still believe there is no credible evidence for the existence of God, but they also admit that if He does exist, we should not be placing blame on God for the destruction of each other. We are ultimately ugly beings (even the ones without religion).

If an Atheist can asses my worldview enough that he can correct every theological mistake that I make, then that Atheist is that much closer to Theism.
I understand that there are Atheists that know a lot more than I do about my own worldview, but since he/she sees it a different way, it is not a clarification it is only an assesment.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post