Killing for God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Killing for God
(10-07-2012 12:41 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 07:02 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That is what a theist believes though.
Not trying to argue and assess our oponents beliefs(theism) is a diservice to them. We should be able to clarify honestly what a theist's position is

As the old saying goes:

Know your enemy.

It is right to asses the opponents worldview, but if you do not hold the same worldview, then you are only looking into the worldview from the outside.
Maybe I can give an example to try and clarify my point - For example, if I believed that God is evil for the same reason that Atheists believe He is (granted they excuse His existence), then I would immediately cease to be a Christian Theist.
As long as I am a Christian, I will view within my worldview in a different perspective than you, otherwise I would BE you, and I would be an Atheist.
I know Atheists that are respectful enough to take the time to not be biased in their examination of the scriptures, and understand what we mean by the Old Testament being narrative. They still believe there is no credible evidence for the existence of God, but they also admit that if He does exist, we should not be placing blame on God for the destruction of each other. We are ultimately ugly beings (even the ones without religion).

If an Atheist can asses my worldview enough that he can correct every theological mistake that I make, then that Atheist is that much closer to Theism.
I understand that there are Atheists that know a lot more than I do about my own worldview, but since he/she sees it a different way, it is not a clarification it is only an assesment.
Ok.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2012, 02:45 PM
RE: Killing for God
(10-07-2012 01:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Ok.
I didn't mean to confuse you.
Much of what I communicate is vague.. :/
(Not on purpose)

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply