Killing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
RE: Killing
(10-11-2011 12:21 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(10-11-2011 12:05 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I might be missing something entirely I don't know. This is just what I've come to after much thinking and debate.

You are missing something, Hamata: it is all in the timing, as I said in my first post on this thread.

I have talked extensively, in several threads, about the options in those cases when we have a lot of time to think. I will come back to this post and include some links.

Victims versus Psycopaths -- Post #18, with additional links in Post #3 Smile

I understand I truely do. Unfortunately we seem to be opposite on this topic. What we need is outside opinions or we're never going to get anywhere's.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I think I could kill out of cold blooded revenge. As I allude to in the OP if faced with someone evil enough I would feel worse having not killed them than having killed them.

For example if faced with a mass murderer or paedophile I would probably feel better about myself knowing I had killed them, I couldn't even imagine myself feeling any remorse.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM

(10-11-2011 02:09 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I understand I truely do. Unfortunately we seem to be opposite on this topic.

Hamata, Hughsie, I respect your disagreement. These issues are VERY complex and there are no easy answers. I have worked out my own answers as I am sure you have thought a lot about yours. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Zatamon's post
10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
(10-11-2011 02:16 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Hamata, Hughsie, I respect your disagreement. These issues are VERY complex and there are no easy answers. I have worked out my own answers as I am sure you have thought a lot about yours. Smile

Just out of interest you mentioned you could only kill if defending your wife. How would you react if you witnessed someone harm her, perhaps fatally and you new they were unlikely to ever face justice through the legal system and you had the means to take revenge there and then. How do you think you would react?

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
10-11-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm sure you all know about me and my Gwynnies. Told God I would not forgive the one who harmed Gwyneth Paltrow... now we both agree. No negative thinking. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2011, 02:35 PM

(10-11-2011 02:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(10-11-2011 02:16 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Hamata, Hughsie, I respect your disagreement. These issues are VERY complex and there are no easy answers. I have worked out my own answers as I am sure you have thought a lot about yours. Smile

Just out of interest you mentioned you could only kill if defending your wife. How would you react if you witnessed someone harm her, perhaps fatally and you new they were unlikely to ever face justice through the legal system and you had the means to take revenge there and then. How do you think you would react?

Hughsie, I could kill in hot blood, never in cold. I don't believe in revenge because revenge would demean me beyond endurance. The feeling of it, the acting on it, would make me feel less than myself, in a way just as mindless a puppet as the insane person who committed the insane act. My mind would kick in and I would see the whole big picture of human tragedy and I would weep, maybe even die, but I would not, could not lower myself to that level of blind, mindless hate that you would require to plot revenge in cold blood.

Revenge would not bring her back, my life would have lost most of its meaning, I would think about the wonderful life we had together, about the most dignified way to cope with the loss, or the most painless way to follow her into oblivion. Revenge would be the thought farthest from my mind. The killer would be a tiny, insignificant dot on my horizon, totally lost behind images of past happiness and the inevitable human fate waiting for us all.

At some point we all have to pay our bills and this would be my time.
[+] 3 users Like Zatamon's post
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
(10-11-2011 02:35 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  Hughsie, I could kill in hot blood, never in cold. I don't believe in revenge because revenge would demean me beyond endurance. The feeling of it, the acting on it, would make me feel less than myself, in a way just as mindless a puppet as the insane person who committed the insane act. My mind would kick in and I would see the whole big picture of human tragedy and I would weep, maybe even die, but I would not, could not lower myself to that level of blind, mindless hate that you would require to plot revenge in cold blood.

Revenge would not bring her back, my life would have lost most of its meaning, I would think about the wonderful life we had together, about the most dignified way to cope with the loss, or the most painless way to follow her into oblivion. Revenge would be the thought farthest from my mind.

Your a better man than me then. I think revenge would be the only thing in my mind in such a situation. Maybe I'll outgrow it one day.

Best
Worst
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
(10-11-2011 02:35 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(10-11-2011 02:23 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Hughsie, I could kill in hot blood, never in cold. I don't believe in revenge because revenge would demean me beyond endurance. The feeling of it, the acting on it, would make me feel less than myself, in a way just as mindless a puppet as the insane person who committed the insane act. My mind would kick in and I would see the whole big picture of human tragedy and I would weep, maybe even die, but I would not, could not lower myself to that level of blind, mindless hate that you would require to plot revenge in cold blood.

Revenge would not bring her back, my life would have lost most of its meaning, I would think about the wonderful life we had together, about the most dignified way to cope with the loss, or the most painless way to follow her into oblivion. Revenge would be the thought farthest from my mind.
It's negative thinking - but I'm just a killer - now, don't go crazy on me. This is just an assessment of today's collective thoughts - I have no faith in the conception that this life is all there is. Thus, nobody wants to be hurting the Gwynnies. That is all. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM

(10-11-2011 02:44 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Your a better man than me then. I think revenge would be the only thing in my mind in such a situation. Maybe I'll outgrow it one day.

Not better, Hughsie, only older. A LOT older.

When I was your age, I felt exactly as you do.

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
10-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I respect your point of view Zatamon, and I agree. I can only hope that if I ever faced such tragedy I could approach it with that same ideal. Yet, even more I desperately hope never to have to face such a tragedy, as I'm sure we all do. I'm not sure I could come up with a scenario where I think killing would be the best option, discounting any 'fight or flight' instinctive reactions to an immediate threat.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post