Kim Davis & Deuteronomy 24:4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Kim Davis & Deuteronomy 24:4
The Fifth Book Of Moses, Called Deuteronomy; chapter 24

(24:1) When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house

[i](24:2) And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s [wife].

(24:3) And [if] the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth [it] in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her [to be] his wife;

(24:4) Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that [is] abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee [for] an inheritance.

[Image: davis-timeline.jpg]

TA-DAH! Kim Davis has engaged in an abomination, stoning is probably in the cards Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Full Circle's post
22-09-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: Kim Davis & Deuteronomy 24:4
Yabut,
a. that's the OLD covenant and it doesn't apply except for the bits they like
b. that was before she really accepted jebus into her heart so it doesn't count
c. thinking about the gayz is icky so that makes it worse
d. if she allows the gayz to marry she'll have to allow kids to marry their dogs

take yer pick...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 7 users Like unfogged's post
22-09-2015, 12:31 PM
I suppose she thinks that she has been forgiven....Assuming she believes in a literal hell, she thinks that as long as she no longer breaks "da rules" (which is impossible, because that would get you thrown in jail in modern times, hence the picking of the cherries) she can avoid this hell. It's sad.

edit: I guess she actually DID get thrown in jail in modern times Laugh out load

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
22-09-2015, 01:09 PM
(22-09-2015 11:18 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Fifth Book Of Moses, Called Deuteronomy; chapter 24

(24:1) When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give [it] in her hand, and send her out of his house

[i](24:2) And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man’s [wife].

(24:3) And [if] the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth [it] in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her [to be] his wife;

(24:4) Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that [is] abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee [for] an inheritance.

[Image: davis-timeline.jpg]

TA-DAH! Kim Davis has engaged in an abomination, stoning is probably in the cards Yes

She looks pretty stoned already, if you ask me.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah, see, that's the thing about Christianity. It's got that nice little loophole of accepting Jesus into your heart and asking for forgiveness shit. So it doesn't matter if you've sinned, as long as you accept Jesus, you're A-ok. Which means that Jeffrey Dahmer, who killed 17 or 18 young men, perhaps eating parts of their bodies, "accepted Jesus into his heart and asked for forgiveness" while in prison. He's now floating around in heaven........with his victims, I might add. Or whatever was left of them after he ate them.

So hey, Kim Davis, it's ok if you sinned, as long as you accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness you can do all kinds of crap to people.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-09-2015, 01:32 PM
(22-09-2015 01:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, see, that's the thing about Christianity. It's got that nice little loophole of accepting Jesus into your heart and asking for forgiveness shit. So it doesn't matter if you've sinned, as long as you accept Jesus, you're A-ok. Which means that Jeffrey Dahmer, who killed 17 or 18 young men, perhaps eating parts of their bodies, "accepted Jesus into his heart and asked for forgiveness" while in prison. He's now floating around in heaven........with his victims, I might add. Or whatever was left of them after he ate them.

So hey, Kim Davis, it's ok if you sinned, as long as you accept Jesus and ask for forgiveness you can do all kinds of crap to people.

Gotta love the self indulgent craftiness of the authors who made this shit up.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
22-09-2015, 01:37 PM
(22-09-2015 01:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 01:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, see, that's the thing about Christianity. It's got that nice little loophole of accepting Jesus into your heart and asking for forgiveness shit. So it doesn't matter if you've sinned, as long as you accept Jesus, you're A-ok. Which means that Jeffrey Dahmer, who killed 17 or 18 young men, perhaps eating parts of their bodies, "accepted Jesus into his heart and asked for forgiveness" while in prison. He's now floating around in heaven........with his victims, I might add. Or whatever was left of them after he ate them.

Gotta love the self indulgent craftiness of the authors who made this shit up.

Give me secular morality any day!

I hate Christianity. Censored

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-09-2015, 01:45 PM
I guess she also forgot Luke 6:37: "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned."
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
22-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Couldn't she just ask jebus to forgive her for signing all those marriage certificates? The loophole works both ways right?
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
22-09-2015, 02:04 PM
(22-09-2015 01:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  The loophole works both ways right?

That's what she said...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post