Kim Davis: It's not MY fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Kim Davis: It's not MY fault
Well, Kim is at it again. In a court document Davis alleges that the KY governor is the problem for her legal woes. That's right, it's not for her refusing to the job she was elected to do, it's not for defying a judge's orders, it's the governor's fault.

Well, at least she didn't say it was the devil but I don't think this lady's 15 minutes are up yet. Unfortunately.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 01:01 PM
RE: Kim Davis: It's not MY fault
Her lawyers are just looking for a clever legal reach, oh I mean, work-around.
25-09-2015, 01:15 PM
She also was confronted recently about her multiple marriages. She said she was forgiven by Jesus.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
25-09-2015, 01:29 PM
[Image: w4lc0.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-09-2015, 01:30 PM
(25-09-2015 12:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  That's right, it's not for her refusing to the job she was elected to do, it's not for defying a judge's orders, it's the governor's fault.

Kim was not elected to issue same sex marriage licenses. She was elected to issue opposite sex marriage licenses. The requirement that county clerks issue same sex marriage licenses is a new one that was imposed after she was elected.

Now I have always maintained that the first amendment does not protect one from fulfilling their conditions of employment and still do. The question I would like to pose is who is responsible for determining whether or not Mrs Davis is fulfilling her conditions of employment? Is it a judge? The governor, or the electorate?

The Judge doesn't have the power to remove her from office so it would stand to reason he/she isn't mandated with the task of determining if Mrs Davis is doing her job or not. That task belongs to the electorate and the state government who can impeach her.
25-09-2015, 01:43 PM
(25-09-2015 01:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 12:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  That's right, it's not for her refusing to the job she was elected to do, it's not for defying a judge's orders, it's the governor's fault.

Kim was not elected to issue same sex marriage licenses. She was elected to issue opposite sex marriage licenses. The requirement that county clerks issue same sex marriage licenses is a new one that was imposed after she was elected.

Now I have always maintained that the first amendment does not protect one from fulfilling their conditions of employment and still do. The question I would like to pose is who is responsible for determining whether or not Mrs Davis is fulfilling her conditions of employment? Is it a judge? The governor, or the electorate?

The Judge doesn't have the power to remove her from office so it would stand to reason he/she isn't mandated with the task of determining if Mrs Davis is doing her job or not. That task belongs to the electorate and the state government who can impeach her.

I call bullshit.

She was elected to carry out all duties of her position as dictated by law. Laws change over time, the Clerk's responsibilities will reflect accordingly.

'Wait...what? Black people can now vote? Nuh-uh, when I was elected they couldn't so I don't have to allow them." - circa 1869

Don't be such a dick Blowme.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 20 users Like Full Circle's post
25-09-2015, 01:43 PM
^^ She was elected to serve the law. When the law changed she had the option to resign but refused.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 9 users Like morondog's post
25-09-2015, 02:16 PM
(25-09-2015 01:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

It's just a marriage license, there isn't a new specific same sex license that she needs to fill out, it's the same as any other.
The only difference is the way she sees it.
[+] 10 users Like pablo's post
25-09-2015, 02:32 PM
(25-09-2015 01:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I call bullshit.

She was elected to carry out all duties of her position as dictated by law. Laws change over time, the Clerk's responsibilities will reflect accordingly.

'Wait...what? Black people can now vote? Nuh-uh, when I was elected they couldn't so I don't have to allow them." - circa 1869

Don't be such a dick Blowme.

I forgive you for calling me a dick. I'm not going to fight with you guys on whether or not she was elected to issue same sex marriage licenses. She was elected to issue marriage licenses and at one point refused to issue any.....same sex or opposite sex. I was just pointing out to OC that the job changed substantially(at least in Davis's eyes) from what she was elected to do.

The question is who does the law say can determine whether or not Mrs Davis is fulfilling her job duties? A judge cannot remove her from office. But putting Mrs Davis in jail for not fulfilling her job duties is in effect....removing her from office.
25-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Anybody else here getting Kim Davis fatigue?
[+] 4 users Like Iñigo's post