Kim Davis: It's not MY fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: Kim Davis: It's not MY fault
(25-09-2015 06:31 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Ok, so a few days ago, I was a child and now I am bright. Whatever. I call people retarded who do not ever seem to learn from new information as it is presented to them. By that standard, you are a retard.

Maybe I was wrong to say you were bright because obviously children can be bright. If you don't know that fact of nature perhaps your IQ is an order of magnitude lower than I thought. Anyways, I forgive you for calling me a retard.

(25-09-2015 06:31 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  To answer your question, I would support her inprisonment if she defied a judge's order which was based on the law of the land. If the law was against the health department giving out free condoms and there was someone who was defying that law, then yes, I think they should be held accountable. It is not her place to cherrypick which laws she wants to follow. And she is on the government payroll, she is a government employee. So is the president. They removed her because she was defying a judicial order that was put in place because she was denying citizens their constitutional right. No matter which way you slice it, this is entirely her doing. And I forgive you for forgiving me.

I'm glad to see you being consistent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2015, 08:07 PM
(25-09-2015 04:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Courts can jail officials for being in contempt. That they're elected is irrelevant legally.

Courts can hold elected officials in contempt. That is one thing. Putting them in jail is another. Nixon was almost held in contempt but I believe the consensus was it would be unconstitutional for the Supreme Court to jail a sitting President. Even if they did, I doubt the order would be carried out.
25-09-2015, 08:10 PM
(25-09-2015 08:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 04:26 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Courts can jail officials for being in contempt. That they're elected is irrelevant legally.

Courts can hold elected officials in contempt. That is one thing. Putting them in jail is another. Nixon was almost held in contempt but I believe the consensus was it would be unconstitutional for the Supreme Court to jail a sitting President. Even if they did, I doubt the order would be carried out.

Comparing this Davis person to a President? Is her position that important?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-09-2015, 08:18 PM
(25-09-2015 08:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 08:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Courts can hold elected officials in contempt. That is one thing. Putting them in jail is another. Nixon was almost held in contempt but I believe the consensus was it would be unconstitutional for the Supreme Court to jail a sitting President. Even if they did, I doubt the order would be carried out.

No, her position is not, and the comparison is ridiculous.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
25-09-2015, 08:28 PM
(25-09-2015 08:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 08:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Comparing this Davis person to a President? Is her position that important?

No, her position is not, and the comparison is ridiculous.

Sure sounds it. And Heywood ignored my original question. I am not giving opinions here. Just trying to understand. Gladly several other posts have helped me a great deal.

In the commonwealth Kim's position would be that of a bureaucrat and she'd have been fired and replaced.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
25-09-2015, 08:33 PM
(25-09-2015 02:34 PM)IƱigo Wrote:  Anybody else here getting Kim Davis fatigue?

No, I've been too busy ignoring her.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
25-09-2015, 08:34 PM
She looks like the proverbial White Trash type anyway.

Banjo.
25-09-2015, 08:37 PM
Just read that she didn't even become a Christian until 4 years ago! lolwtf!?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
25-09-2015, 08:39 PM
(25-09-2015 08:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Just read that she didn't even become a Christian until 4 years ago! lolwtf!?

[Image: 7YbpwK5.png]

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
25-09-2015, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2015 08:49 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(25-09-2015 08:10 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-09-2015 08:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Courts can hold elected officials in contempt. That is one thing. Putting them in jail is another. Nixon was almost held in contempt but I believe the consensus was it would be unconstitutional for the Supreme Court to jail a sitting President. Even if they did, I doubt the order would be carried out.

There is a vice president always ready to stand in for the president.....so there would be no loss of continuity of government. No President is going to allow himself to be arrested and placed in jail. A judge that issues such an order might find him/herself arrested and placed in jail. A reason these don't get challenged when a clerk gets jailed might be that no Governor is going to stick his/her neck out for a clerk.

When the US Marshals grabbed Davis, imagine how things might play out if the Governor sent in state troopers to free her. If the judge ordered the the Governor to be jailed it would be a different story. He'd tell those US Marshals to Fuckoff while surround by his troopers. Davis went to jail because she is an executive without an army and the judge who put her in jail had one at his disposal.

The reason Clive Bundy didn't go to jail is he had an army backing him. Clive wasn't even elected....or an official. Just some shmuck able to convince an army of civilians to protect him.