Kim Davis: It's not MY fault

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Kim Davis: It's not MY fault
(26-09-2015 09:32 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 09:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  He was worried about being impeached and then criminally prosecuted after he was out of office. He wasn't worried the court would find him in contempt and jail him. That would never happen.

How do you know that?

Because Nixon isn't going to arrest himself or order US Marshals to do it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2015, 09:45 AM
(26-09-2015 09:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The question is do you want to give judicial branch the authority to jail the executive branch if they they don't like what the executive branch is doing? If so do you want to give the executive branch the authority to jail the judicial branch if they don't like what they are doing?

In our system, resolution for an executive who is not doing there job is impeachment. It is not throwing them in jail
Uhm....seriously? "Don't like what they are doing?"

There is a difference between "Don't like what they are doing" and "irrefutably breaking the law".

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 3 users Like Adrianime's post
26-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Technically, if the president commits a crime he will be charged. If he is convicted, he’ll be impeached and the vice president will take office. From there, the president will be tried again, this time ending with a sentence.

While in office the President has a security detail (Secret Service) that isolates a President from ANY threat that may come their way. If any law enforcement official dared to approach them, they could easily keep him safe from the lawman and any legal action he may want to take against the president. It is a technicality but ... it would only serve to make said President look guilty of whatever the charges might be.

Interestingly, President Grant was arrested while in office ... charged with speeding. Personally, I suspect he was drunk, too. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
Fun reading, this thread. Just a reminder though, this clerk is not the president. Big Grin

[Image: 1441134991-cn0wr7muaaa8xv8.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
(25-09-2015 01:15 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  She also was confronted recently about her multiple marriages. She said she was forgiven by Jesus.

She wasn't forgiven by the Westboro Baptist Church. They hate divorcees almost as much as they hate gays.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
26-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Lessee... You got Legislative, Executive and Judicial.

Executive carry out the law, Legislative make the law, Judicial decide if law has been violated.

Judge *ordered* sentence on a member of *executive*. Does not mean that judge has usurped executive's power, just means that judge found that *a* member of executive was not doing their job. And that *is* judicial's job.

If judge tried to carry out sentence, that would be usurping executive's power. If judge tried to make a law, that would be usurping legislative.

Your argument is void.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-09-2015, 09:51 AM
(25-09-2015 01:30 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The Judge doesn't have the power to remove her from office so it would stand to reason he/she isn't mandated with the task of determining if Mrs Davis is doing her job or not.

The judge can put her office into receivership and appoint someone else to sign marriage certificates. And that's exactly what the ACLU is asking him to do.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-09-2015, 11:57 AM
(26-09-2015 09:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(26-09-2015 09:11 AM)pablo Wrote:  You don't know that. He seemed worried enough to resign.

He was worried about being impeached and then criminally prosecuted after he was out of office. He wasn't worried the court would find him in contempt and jail him. That would never happen.

The point you're missing is twofold:

1) That would never happen because of political issues, not legal issues. The President has no special standing which exempts him from criminal law; but he wouldn't be jailed for contempt based on the fact that the political considerations would outweigh the service done to justice.

2) Comparing Kim Davis's position to that of a sitting President is a thin reed indeed for your argument, and makes it look like you have none.

Also, I've linked you to this before, and quoted it to you before, to support this point I made to you before; but here goes another try. Please pay attention this time:

Quote:403.760 Contempt of court. (Effective until January 1, 2016)
(1) Violation of the terms or conditions of an order issued under the provisions of
KRS 403.740 or 403.750, whether an emergency protective order, or an order
following hearing, after service of the order on the respondent, or notice of the
order to the respondent, shall constitute contempt of court.

(2) Any peace officer having probable cause to believe a violation has occurred of
an order issued under the provisions of KRS 403.740 or 403.750, whether an
emergency protective order or an order following a hearing, and after service
on the respondent or notice to the respondent as provided under KRS 403.735,
shall arrest the respondent without a warrant for violation of a protective order
pursuant to KRS 500.020, 403.715, and 403.740. Following a hearing the
District Court in the county in which the peace officer made the arrest for the
violation may punish the violation of a protective order as a violation of a
protective order.

(3) Court proceedings for contempt of court, under KRS 403.715 to 403.785, shall
be held in the county where the order, whether an emergency protective order
or order following hearing, was issued.

(4) Nothing in this section shall preclude the Commonwealth from prosecuting and
convicting the respondent of criminal offenses other than violation of a
protective order.

(5) Civil proceedings and criminal proceedings for violation of a protective order for
the same violation of a protective order shall be mutually exclusive. Once
either proceeding has been initiated the other shall not be undertaken
regardless of the outcome of the original proceeding.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=17482

Davis's case falls under section one. Her incarceration was perfectly legal, and your complaints to the contrary are vapid.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Westboro Baptist Church thinks that Kim Davis is a cunt.....

Isn't it weird feeling, when you realize that you and the WBC people have something in common????

Downright fucking creepy....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-09-2015, 04:09 PM
(26-09-2015 03:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Westboro Baptist Church thinks that Kim Davis is a cunt.....

Isn't it weird feeling, when you realize that you and the WBC people have something in common????

Downright fucking creepy....

Apparently even WBC has standards, whodathunkit? Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat