Kim Jong Il has died.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Kim Jong Il has died.
He died tonight.

Hmmm, not really sure how to feel about this. All human death is sad, but this man... he just wasn't a good man.

Opinions?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 10:49 PM
RE: Kim Jong Il has died.
(18-12-2011 10:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He died tonight.

Hmmm, not really sure how to feel about this. All human death is sad, but this man... he just wasn't a good man.

Opinions?

Here's to the chance that the North Koreans ' lives improve.

He wasn't a good man? You are a master of understatement.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2011, 11:10 PM
(18-12-2011 10:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He died tonight.

Opinions?

He wasn’t a good man, like the creators off Alien weren’t very friendly.
I’m concerned about his son and heir, he didn’t fall far from the tree.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
18-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Woo, this is hectic... I guess one of his sons will be installed as Beloved leader III ?
18-12-2011, 11:14 PM
(18-12-2011 11:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  Woo, this is hectic... I guess one of his sons will be installed as Beloved leader III ?

Yea, son #3.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
19-12-2011, 12:17 AM
I can never find pleasure in the death of another human being. Even one a terrible as Kim Jong-il.

As far as North Korea is concerned this is not good news atleast in the short term. His successor Kim Jong-un is young and inexperienced and not well known even by his own people, so I see the military running the country for a good while, which I don't see as a good thing. And ofcourse I see this causing even more economic instability in the world, which is the last thing we need. South Korea has already placed it's military on emergency alert, probably to be followed by other countries in the area like Japan.

All I can hope for is that some of that Swiss education Kim Jong-un has had will make him more open to western ideals.
19-12-2011, 12:42 AM
(19-12-2011 12:17 AM)unsapien Wrote:  I can never find pleasure in the death of another human being. Even one a terrible as Kim Jong-il.

As far as North Korea is concerned this is not good news atleast in the short term. His successor Kim Jong-un is young and inexperienced and not well known even by his own people, so I see the military running the country for a good while, which I don't see as a good thing. And ofcourse I see this causing even more economic instability in the world, which is the last thing we need. South Korea has already placed it's military on emergency alert, probably to be followed by other countries in the area like Japan.

All I can hope for is that some of that Swiss education Kim Jong-un has had will make him more open to western ideals.

Exactly.
19-12-2011, 12:51 AM
The last I heard his son was ten times. More batshit insane. That's not a good amount of batshit for anyone. Wait isnt the world supposed to end next year?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2011, 03:21 AM
good riddance... may the flea's of a thousand camels infest his arm pits.. Amen

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
19-12-2011, 04:57 AM
I just recently watched two documentaries on North Korea. I highly suggest watching National Geographic's show about North Korea. I was astonished at what an island of ignorance the whole nation is about the rest of the world. It is such a closed system. It's impressive (along with distressing) they found a way to get the Bomb. The people actually seem to worship their Beloved Leader. It would be humorous, but it's so sick to watch as these folks kneel and praise pictures of their Leader. It's almost more Orwellian than even Orwell could have conceived. Plus Lisa Ling is in it and I could just sit and stare at her for hours. That's not creepy or anything, is it?

Oh, the other documentary has a strange name. The Vice Guide to Everything. Episode 2.

The Vice Guide to North Korea

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post